#21 Heirloom

Heirloom

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 3,816 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 February 2017 - 01:45 PM

I have tried going straight to bloom nute at flower , I have tried using 50/50 at flower,
now I use grow for the first two weeks then switch to bloom for the duration of the flower cycle then at the last week I use only water.

I am up to learning to do better on my grows

Edited by Heirloom Spores, 12 February 2017 - 01:46 PM.

• Lakegal7 likes this

#22 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Cranky Old Weed Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,227 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 February 2017 - 02:12 PM

I I am up to learning to do better on my grows

Is that posible?

[Direct Link]

• Heirloom and Lakegal7 like this

#23 Heirloom

Heirloom

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 3,816 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 February 2017 - 02:34 PM

I got lucky the other day I came across a place to get some DinaFem OG Kush seeds.

I know nitrogen reduces THC content , I hope it is used and washed out before THC production
takes place.

Hash_ stop buy and I will give you a big bud to smoke test . I got no lab to do test's.

peace bro

#24 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Cranky Old Weed Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,227 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 February 2017 - 05:16 PM

Hash_ stop buy and I will give you a big bud to smoke test . I got no lab to do test's.peace bro

242e911d654abba622c1ff917dc99d4b.jpg

#25 Lakegal7

Lakegal7

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 321 posts

Donator

Posted 12 February 2017 - 06:18 PM

Thanks guys for the info.
Will use both of your recommendations
Using f.f. Ocean/Forrest and Dyna grow product
I think Hash had recommended I add more perlite to my soil
a while back, so been doing that with the 3 gal. fabric pots.

Have a hella of a time keeping my humidity up ( even w/ humidifiers in both
tents 2'w.x4'L.x5'h. grow t. 55-60r.h and 32-38r.h. In bloom tent
I've read it should be much higher, but I get by..

I have a monitor but really wonder just how accurate it is.
I have a couple of those testers where you add some supplement/ activator
to it. I should try that out.

#26 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Cranky Old Weed Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,227 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 February 2017 - 06:22 AM

since you touch on the subject here's a humidity chart. I don't remember what the numbers mean in the boxes but you just find the temperature your at and you want to stay in the orange. . . if one is running carbon filters they don't seen to work as good at high humidity so you have to compromise.

vapor_pressure_deficit_relative_humidity_chart_small.jpg

Edited by Hash_Man, 13 February 2017 - 06:49 AM.

• Lakegal7 likes this

#27 kcmoxtractor

kcmoxtractor

Halloween Terror

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,810 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 February 2017 - 11:27 AM

nitrogen reduces THC content? having to change nutrient regimen from veg to flower? 

personally, i say no to both. 

my strains are friggin CAKED with gland heads by the fourth week. if you had to remove

all the nitrogen before THC production would take place, the plants would die before finish.

i use the same feed, with ~100ppm N, from rooted clones until 4 days from harvest, when

they get plain distilled or RO every other day until chop. lots of folks are intensely successful

using a single feeding ratio through the entire grow, just google "jacks 321" for a bunch of 

threads, videos, pictures, etc. i hit close to 1.5 grams per watt this run, so it must be workin'!

hash_man, that's the vapor pressure density (VPD) chart

if you want to humidify your tents more effectively, put the humidifier in the room they're in,

not in the tents themselves. if you're exchanging the air properly in your tents, the room air

is the tent air. the room is the bigger volume, so humidify it directly. 

Edited by kcmoxtractor, 14 February 2017 - 11:32 AM.

• Hash_Man likes this

#28 Heirloom

Heirloom

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 3,816 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 February 2017 - 01:06 PM

Http://druglibary.net/olsen/HEMP/IHA/jiha42o7.html

I was able to cut and paste now I can't figure out how I did it.

• Lakegal7 likes this

#29 Heirloom

Heirloom

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 3,816 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 February 2017 - 01:20 PM

http://www.druglibra...mp/iha/iha.html

Nitrogen is used to lower THC content of industrial hemp to meet THC level standards.

Lots of glands does not indicate THC levels, CBD rich cannabis won't get you high but has plenty of resin glands.

Carl Olsen is a friend of my family. Carl is an Ethiopian Zion Coptic Priest, we belong to a different Cannabis Church. Mr. Olsen also runs an Cannabis Spiritual site that welcomes all Cannabis religious users that can prove they have declared Cannabis as part of their Religion. They include many Christian sects that you have heard of and those of other faiths.

Carl Olsen keeps old volumes International Journal of Hemp on line.
Lots of knowledge in these old volumes if you only seek knowledge.

Effect of nitrogen on tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) content in hemp (Cannabis sativa L.) leaves at different positions

I. Bócsa, P. Máthé, and L. Hangyel

GATE "Fleischmann R." Research Institute, Kompolt 3356, Hungary

Bócsa, I., P. Máthé, and L. Hangyel 1997. Effect of nitrogen on tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) content in hemp (Cannabis sativa L.) leaves at different positions. Journal of the International Hemp Association 4(2): 78 -79. The effect of different levels of nitrogen fertilizer, of physiological age of leaves and of the interaction between these factors on the Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) content of leaves from different positions on the hemp (Cannabis sativa L.) plant were analyzed by gas liquid chromatography. High nitrogen levels reduced the THC content of leaves, and older leaves contained less THC than younger ones. There was no significant interaction between these two factors.

Introduction
Hemp (Cannabis sativa L.) is a traditional and important raw material for the textile industry and is currently of interest as a wood fiber supplement in the paper industry (de Meijer and van der Werf 1994). A significant increase in cultivation of hemp in Europe is anticipated for future fiber production. Furthermore, drug-type Cannabis may play an important role in future therapeutics (Clarke and Pate 1994.). However, since one of its cannabinoid compounds is Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the psychoactive agent of the plant, its cultivation is presently limited. Breeders have developed low-THC and high-fiber content varieties, but some of these still contain a THC concentration verging on the EU limit for cultivation subsidy in Europe (de Meijer et al. 1992).
Since hemp has a high nitrogen (N) requirement, it is important to determine the relationship between N fertilization and THC content, and (for the purpose of analytical sampling) the interaction between N fertilizer and leaf position, in relation of leaf THC content.
Cannabinoid content of the leaves is known to decrease gradually from the top to the bottom of the plant (Hemphill et al. 1980). Nitrogen content in vegetative parts of the plant has been thought to correlate positively with its THC content (Coffman and Gentner 1975, Haney and Kutscheid 1973).

Table 1. Fertilizer treatments in mg/kg soil.

Table 2. The effect of nitrogen treatment on the fresh weight and plant height of hemp and on the N content of the phytomass.

Materials and methods
The experiment was performed using 5.5 liter pots, with two plants of the variety ‘Kompolti Hibrid TC’ per pot. This high-fiber variety has a THC content (0.5-0.7%) exceeding the EU 0.3% subsidy limit. Pots were placed in a glasshouse under ambient environmental conditions. A chernozem brown forest soil from Kompolt was used (Krisztian and Hollo 1992). Treatments are shown in Table 1.
Chemicals used for the nutrient supply : anal. grade NH4NO3, KH2PO4, KCl. Doses were supplied as solutions. Date of sowing: 22 April. Date of harvesting: 13 August. The lowest N level treatment was considered as the control.
The number of replications was six. Plants were grown until the end of flowering for staminate plants. Leaf samples were collected on 13 August in the following way: every leaf of both the staminate and pistillate plants was collected, dried at 40°C for 24 hr, ground, weighed, homogenized, and stored in a refrigerator at 3°C for 90 days. Leaves were placed into three groups: (a) older leaves that occur along the middle part of stem, (b) leaves from the side branches, and © younger leaves that occur near the top of the stem.
THC was extracted from the dried leaves with petroleum ether for 3 hr at RT. (Hanus et al. 1981). Analyses were performed with a Hewlett-Packard 5890 series II gas liquid chromatograph. Parameters of analyses were: HP-1 capillary column, 0.3 ID x 25 m length; injector temperature 260°C ; split ratio 1:70; detector temperature 300oC. Analyses were programmed from 190 to 265°C at 15C/min with an 11 min and a 5 min internal plateau at 235°C and 260°C, respectively.
Initially, an analytically pure THC standard was not available, so areas of THC peaks were used for characterization of THC content. The peak identification of cannabidiol and THC was carried out according to Hanus et al. (1981). Subsequently, CBD and THC standards were obtained and the original data were verified with these standards. The back-calculation of the data to an absolute value is analytically incorrect in our opinion, so this determination was not made.
The statistical significance of factors presumably affecting the THC content of leaves was determined by analysis of variance. The first factor was (a.) the leaf position on the plant, and the second factor was (b.) the nitrogen treatment.

Table 3. Analysis of variance of N fertilizer experiment (in a randomly arranged bifactorial split-plot experiment with six replications).

Results
There was a significant increase in fresh weight of shoot (80-130%) and plant height (28-39%) due to N supplimentation (Tab. 2). THC was highest in leaves near the shoot tip and on side branches, and lowest in oldest leaves (Fig. 1a). THC content of leaves of each plant part decreased in response to N fertilizer (Fig. 1b).
The decrease was significant in the case of the highest N dose (Fig. 1b). THC contents of leaves from various plant regions were significantly different, independent of the N level (Tab. 3, see: F-value of Factor "a") The other factor, N fertilizer treatment, also had a statistically significant effect on THC content of leaves (Tab. 3, F-value of Factor "b"). There was no interaction between the two factors (Tab. 3, F-value of Factor "a X b") in relation to leaf THC content.

Figure 1. Effect of examined factors on THC content of hemp leaves :
a.) THC content of leaves from different positions on the hemp plant (means of three levels of N fertilizer).
b.) Effect of N fertilization on the THC content of hemp leaves (means of three positions on the plant).

Discussion
These experiments show that the THC content of leaves decreases with increasing N doses. This phenomenon is favorable for agricultural production, because nitrogen fertilization will increase stem yield and simultaneously decrease THC content of the plant significantly. Additional studies are necessary to determine optimal N dose/ha, time of application, fertilizer type and the lowest THC content achievable under field conditions.

References
•Clarke R. C. and D. W. Pate 1994. Medical marijuana. J. International Hemp Assoc. 1: 9-12.
•Coffmann C. B. and W. A. Gentner 1975. Cannabinoid profile and elemental uptake of Cannabis sativa L. as influenced by soil characteristics. Agron. J. 67 : 491-497.
•Haney A. and B. B. Kutscheid 1973. Quantitative variation in the chemical constituents of marihuana from stands of naturalized Cannabis sativa L. in east-central Illionis. Economic Botany 27: 193-203.
•Hanus L., K. Tesarik and Z. Krejci 1981. Capillary gas chromatography of natural substances from Cannabis sativa L. II. Comparison of male and female flowering tops . Acta Univ. Palack. Olomucensis 97: 157-165.
•Hemphill J. K., J. C. Turner and P. G. Mahlberg 1980 Cannabinoid content of individual plant organs from different geographical strains of Cannabis sativa L (Cannabinaceae). J. Nat. Prod. 43: 112-122.
•Krisztian J. and S. Holó 1992. Periodical phosphorus fertilization. Növénytermelés 41: 1-10.
•Meijer E. P. M. de and H. M. G. van der Werf 1994. Evaluation of current methods to estimate pulp yield of hemp . Ind. Crop and Prod. 2: 111-120.
•Meijer E. P. M. de, H. J. van der Kamp and F. A. van Eeuwijk 1992. Characterisation of Cannabis accessions with regard to cannabinoid content in relation to other plant characters. Euphytica 62: 187-200.

Acknowledgments
The authors thank the National Research Fund of Hungary (OTKA), for financial support of this research, Prof. Paul G. Mahlberg (Indiana University, Bloomington, U.S.A) and Mr. László Pummer ("Fleischmann R." Institute, Hungary) for their help.

Edited by Heirloom Spores, 14 February 2017 - 02:34 PM.

• Lakegal7, Gnomesayin and Jeepster like this

#30 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Cranky Old Weed Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,227 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 February 2017 - 06:31 PM

2nd day after 36hr dark period

20170219_181530.jpg

Found a few flowering already

20170219_181657.jpg 20170219_181635-1.jpg
  • ethnobotanist420, Heirloom , Lakegal7 and 1 other like this

#31 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Cranky Old Weed Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,227 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 February 2017 - 06:50 PM

I'm starting to get the cloning down, today these are seven days and getting signs that their rooting

20170219_183558.jpg
  • ethnobotanist420, Heirloom and Lakegal7 like this

#32 Lakegal7

Lakegal7

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 321 posts

Donator

Posted 22 February 2017 - 12:44 PM

Hashman your clones look great!
Question..why did you do the 36 hour dark period?
  • Hash_Man likes this

#33 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Cranky Old Weed Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,227 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 February 2017 - 06:32 PM

" . . Question..why did you do the 36 hour dark period?"

It's supose to make them not stretch as much . . . but I think it's going to be one of those be careful what you wish for things as now I'm thinking their not going to be tall enough

5days
20170222_174127.jpg 20170222_174127.jpg

#34 Lakegal7

Lakegal7

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 321 posts

Donator

Posted 26 February 2017 - 04:06 PM

Ha Ha, they look nice and healthy

#35 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Cranky Old Weed Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,227 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 February 2017 - 06:41 PM

Thanks Lakegal7 . .

9 days they haven't grown any taller for the last two or three days . . Freaky huh?

They are all 9-10 inchs 'cept one is 11" it's the plant I call the 'lemon pheno' it's younger buy 2-3 weeks than the others it's tall so had to flower it before it got too out of control, it also has alot of three and four bladed leafs I I think it's from stress, friend said it's a Triploid, LOL

here's some pic's of the budding flowers and stuff

20170227_180803.jpg 20170227_180502-1.jpg 20170227_180449-1.jpg 20170227_180426-1.jpg

#36 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,200 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 February 2017 - 06:42 PM

This is better then Netflix ...

• Lakegal7 likes this

#37 Lakegal7

Lakegal7

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 321 posts

Donator

Posted 28 February 2017 - 01:51 AM

That's interesting about the three and four bladed leaves.
So it's stress not genetics.
The third photo the leaves look super spikey to me.
Maybe it's just because it's close up.
I read about plants that are called duck foot leaves. I grew a mystery seed
not long ago and it had the duck foot type leaves at the beginning but then as it matured it started
to look more like a regular cannabus leave. Maybe my plant was under stress.It turned out to be a male
so ended up getting rid of it.

#38 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Cranky Old Weed Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,227 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 February 2017 - 06:20 AM

" . .duck foot type leaves at the beginning but then as it matured it started
to look more like a regular . . "

Yea, that's right . . these reverted back to duck foot I assume cause of some of the pH fluctuations it happens from I understand . . heres some pic's their on the bottom as well as some on top all the new growth is normal
20170225_194505.jpg 20170225_194412.jpg 20170225_194349.jpg 20170225_194258.jpg 20170225_135221.jpg
  • ethnobotanist420 likes this

#39 kcmoxtractor

kcmoxtractor

Halloween Terror

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,810 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 February 2017 - 11:59 AM

9 days they haven't grown any taller for the last two or three days . . Freaky huh?

not at all, you've got the roots restricted in those small containers. unless you're

doing multiple waterings per day, they basically max out once the container is full. 

i use "full container of roots before flowering" as a strategy for stretchy strains.

if you were doing multiple waterings per day you could pull a pound plant from a 

single gallon of coir.

EDIT TO ADD-- 

looks like you have thrips or some other insect doing damage to your leaves

Edited by kcmoxtractor, 28 February 2017 - 12:00 PM.

• Myc, ethnobotanist420 and Heirloom like this

#40 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Cranky Old Weed Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,227 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 February 2017 - 01:37 PM

good hypothesis, thats what I thought but all stoped stretching and not all are root bound and the lemon pheno is definitely not rootbotund.
I tend to believe the 36-hour dark period before flip had something to do with the slow/stop stretching, dude said to be prepared to veg longer cuz it will stop the stretch in its tracks and they would start flowering faster which seems like the case here not that I want shorty's, hell not!

LOL that's sawdust the specks on the leaves, I knocked as much off as I could but it's not hurting anything, I don't think

Edited by Hash_Man, 28 February 2017 - 02:45 PM.

• ethnobotanist420 and Heirloom like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!