#1 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,422 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 November 2016 - 03:54 PM

I have just been introduced to Thomas Joseph Brown through this video.   I will be checking more of his videos out.  

[Direct Link]

I'm not sure if Brown was the editor of The Journal of Borderland Sciences (now, Borderlands) when they published the one piece I have had published in any such journal.  My piece was titled, The Resonant Vortex.

#2 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,118 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 November 2016 - 10:19 PM

In true skeptical fashion I would have to personally experience the healing powers of a "spectro-chrome" before I would believe it would work. Maybe it does, it's an interesting idea at least.

#3 Heirloom Spores

Heirloom Spores

I practice

• OG VIP
  • 3,018 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 November 2016 - 01:09 AM

I found the video interesting, I'd like to play with colors and see for myself.

• SteampunkScientist likes this

#4 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,118 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 November 2016 - 09:51 PM

I recall that I briefly read a short article about color in magickal practice, in a specific sense of the color in the spell/working directly. Of course color is important in magick in a more general sense as well.

So there seems there may be more to this.

#5 Heirloom Spores

Heirloom Spores

I practice

• OG VIP
  • 3,018 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 January 2017 - 10:30 PM

Has anyone seen the new ads for the acne mask . This mask uses light to kill acne bacteria and a red light to reduce inflammation.

In my search I came across some interesting info like the American Cancer Society using light to kill cancer cells.

There is a lot more to using light for therapy than the AMA  or FDA ever realized when they called light therapy a pseudo science
decades ago.

#6 GLP

GLP

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 93 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 January 2017 - 07:56 AM

I spoke with a light therapist several month ago, she claimed that she could do in a month of treatments what a Homeopath would take years to accomplish. Several friends have gone to her for treatment but I have not asked them what they thought after the treatments were over, I should do that. Hmmm!

• Heirloom Spores likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!