53 replies to this topic

#1 Zen_

Zen_

Timelord

• Founders
  • 4,951 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 November 2016 - 02:45 PM

This is too easy to blow off as a hoax, but if you do some digging -- is it real?

http://imgur.com/a/e4uCb

post-62591-0-89858100-1478548007.jpg

post-62591-0-68276200-1478548003.jpg

post-62591-0-54732800-1478547998.jpg

There are ways to do digital forensics on files to determine if something has been digitally altered. I'm no expert in these techniques, but I feel I know enough to say these are indeed originals. Maybe not. Again, I'm not an expert and an expert photoshop artist familiar in these techniques could make it very difficult to discovery forgery. (fotoforensics.com)

I also understand that a lot of times news organizations and team sports will often prepare both so upon victory they're ready for sale immediately. However, a modicum of research doesn't shed any light on a "Trump" version being available. So if both were made only one has made it out to the public. ...and of course Newsweek is mum on the word.

Newsweek seems to have shown clear support for Hillary and so this isn't so shocking, if a bit extreme, but for them to leak this it would seem to have the opposite effect. Showing of the rig and making people more likely to vote against it, and for Trump. So was it Newsweek or an employee that leaked it? Not sure.

If there were a Newsweek employee who was also a Trump supporter, and whom may or may not know of their open bias toward Clinton, could have leaked it given the above and hoping that people will vote against rigging and for Trump.

In any regard, it's interesting that this comes out, now, and with very little time to dispute or create a cover story. Is it rigged? ...or is someone releasing partial info to make it seem like it is? ...or better still, is this a game of chess that's being played by a Trump supporter working for a company with a known bias as a means to generate more support for Trump and/or reputational risk for this specific company or media outlets in general?

Also, the wording is a bit partisan, but so is Newsweek. So is it believable?

WHO KNOWS!

Interesting though, ain't it?  :ph34r:

Attached Thumbnails

• 4AmpXWY.jpg
  • blleFqz.jpg
  • lgh4VUx.jpg

• Myc, riseabovethought, wildedibles and 1 other like this

#2 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,691 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 November 2016 - 03:18 PM

Neither Killery, nor the Donald, influenced my position.  Taken together, both have. 

While I've been saying I would not vote, I have...  for a third party candidate.

• whitethumb, Myc, Coopdog and 1 other like this

#3 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

[^._.^]ノ彡 & /|\( ;,;)/|\

• OG VIP
  • 8,120 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 November 2016 - 03:24 PM

Neither Killery, nor the Donald, influenced my position.  Taken together, both have. 

While I've been saying I would not vote, I have...  for a third party candidate.

[Direct Link]

@alder ^^^

Sorry @zen, I couldn't help it..

I mean, how hard would it be for anyone with a little scratch to produce that? Maybe there is a Trump version too like you mentioned. I mean it is 24hrs away..

Good stuff either way.

Edited by catattack, 07 November 2016 - 03:25 PM.

#4 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 3,857 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 November 2016 - 03:48 PM

Bill, as the official first man, is free to get as many blowjobs as he'd like this go around.

Just dont let Hillary get caught with her personal trainer or something.

Her republican enemies really hate that lovey dovey stuff.

Cocaine, alcohol, and war - all fine.  BJs?  No.

Lets just sit those neocon nazi fuckers out on the bench awhile

at least until they figure out how to false flag us again.

That sure went splendidly.  I asked a guy today who did 9/11.

He told me quite confidently it was Osama Binladen.

And thats 16 years later.  At least Trump gave Jeb Bush hell about it.

Hillary will tow the line, but at least she wont blow up the world....I think?

I cant help but compare and contrast Dick Cheney's Halliburton and GW's shenanigans

not even drawing the slightest bit of attention, while her emails are mistaken for injustice at the highest levels of govt.

9/11 isnt going away just because GW gave Obama Bin laden on a silver platter to take credit for his capture, just dont come at him.

Cheney got away with attacking his own people at the Pentagon, and even the cowboys at the Pentagon dont do shit. Nobody does shit.

At least we got to the bottom of those emails though.  & the head of the FBI was head of a bank beforehand??  Nothing to see here.  

Waiting to see what actually happens tomorrow... 

Edited by riseabovethought, 07 November 2016 - 04:08 PM.

• Myc, wildedibles, Discretion and 2 others like this

#5 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,630 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 November 2016 - 04:26 PM

no one would be surprised that one party or the other would draw blood every time the opportunity presents itself, right? Right?

I mean, damn, one would have to be born yesterday to think either of these entities is someone you'd want living next door - either as persons or metaphors for their respective Parties.

But the damned thing about this election is that ten days after this one is over the next one will start and the ugliness of this one  will just be a dress rehearsal for the next. We're damned and doomed to swim in an ocean of this toxic shit. It would be nice if it was as simple as turning your back to it, or burying your head in the sand but this stuff is Real and is going to have Real consequences for all of us.

Once again I reset my sights on getting one foot planted on some foreign soil, preferably South American soil which for the recent past has been off the radar screen of Uncle Icy Fingers. Only Himself knows the future but I think anybody of average intelligence can see that we have some payments to make and some atonements to make before decent people can expect to live the life they want within these geopolitical boundaries.

And that's what really pisses me off about this whole mess. I, You, We are going to get handed the bill for this mess, if we aren't too radioactive to make the payments.

OK, I've done my part to cheer you all up. Don't forget to vote.

• Myc and wildedibles like this

#6 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,463 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 November 2016 - 04:59 PM

I watched a thing on TV last night about Clinton .......It seems...... I dont have a say in your country but I think if haha Trum gets in Clinton will be behind the seens anyway.....watching from up here it looks like Trump is pushing votes toward Clinton with all his making fun of people .....The whole time it seems like he .......I denfinatly think its rigged it is here in Canada too

Ill make you a sure bet tho :) more people will turn out to vote than ever before

Edited by wildedibles, 07 November 2016 - 05:05 PM.

• Juthro likes this

#7 dead_diver

dead_diver

Stoned Since '76

• OG VIP
  • 3,496 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 November 2016 - 06:30 PM

The UPC data base doesn't recognize the 12 digit code. The resolution of the lettering on the front cover does not look right in comparisson to the photo image. Hillary is in sharper focus than the lettering on the cover. Newsweek is not going to put out a cover with fuzzy lettering. Even the first sheets that are printed to set the press up would not have lettering that looks fuzzy like this. The primary colors may be out of register and not centered correctly but they won't look fuzzy like that. The texture of the cover stock and the coating, or possible lack of, doesn't look right to me either, but I don't have a Newsweek to compare it to so I can't say for sure.

Edited by dead_diver, 07 November 2016 - 06:43 PM.

• wildedibles, Juthro and CatsAndBats like this

#8 fungi2bwith

fungi2bwith

cat-monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,522 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 November 2016 - 01:14 AM

kinda reminds me of this....

Deweytruman12.jpg

#9 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 7,586 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 November 2016 - 06:03 AM

It doesn't make sense that there would be some sort of over-arching collusion.  To what end?  Human greed is too powerful.  They'd all be stabbing each other in the back like cocaine dealers.

They're all doing everything that they can to influence the election from their respective ends.  They have an inordinate amount of wealth and power, so their tactics inevitably look like rigging to us.

I can believe that the primaries are rigged to an extent.  I would say that the dems did their best to undercut their own electorate.  We saw the republicans struggle to no avail to undercut theirs.  To say that they're all working together to just hand it over to one or the other?  I'd have to struggle mightily to see that pattern....or want to see it.

What is the simplest explanation?  That Newsweek is preparing to have the post-election issue available quickly after the results are in, or that there is a vast power-sharing conspiracy between two massive institutions to rig the presidential election?  That would take the participation of not only a few at the top, but thousands all the way down the ladder.  What are the odds that something like that could be kept so secret that only a select few brilliant loners could uncover it out of hundreds of millions?

Edited by Sidestreet, 08 November 2016 - 06:05 AM.

• wildedibles, Discretion and CatsAndBats like this

#10 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,463 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 November 2016 - 06:36 AM

The only reason I mentioned that Trump if won would find something for Clinton to do behind or in front of the senes.....because Trump gave money for the Clintons to be in power before it just seems to me that way now ...not that hes trin to look ..................Im not explaining very well but it just seems like Trump is being a dick so people will ot vote for him,

I definatly see the point that they have lots of money and power and sometimes that looks like things are rigged ........well they may have the money to buy votes and I say its rigged that way........It sure makes it harder for other 3rd parties to get in not really fair but what is ever fair

Good luck and vote :) its the only way we do have a chance to change things or try to anyway

#11 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

• App Administrator
  • 7,586 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 November 2016 - 06:42 AM

Good luck and vote :) its the only way we do have a chance to change things or try to anyway

Well, I think the "cheap vote" is one of the smallest ways we can exert power.  I still think everyone should do it.

.because Trump gave money for the Clintons to be in power before

And I'm surprised that more wasn't made of the fact that Trump was playing a democrat back then!  It is common practice for business to donate to both parties and a wide variety of politicians.  Never know when you'll need to call in a favor.

#12 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,463 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 November 2016 - 07:17 AM

Haha ya favors are always needed at some point

I agree that the cheaper vote is a way to change but it does not work if everyone is not on board

It got me so upset when I voted for the first time and my grandfather told me I threw my vote away because I voted for the underdog ......I relize more and more what he was talking about if not too many people do it really doesnt matter it has to be a land slide to win

Our past election I voted for our prime minister that got in but he didnt win in my riding this is where I think its fixed sometimes (my vote has never made a difference).......the riding where I live is kinda a different area in Ontario some people dont vote at all they cannot get out or they dont want to because thier vote dont count and they are stuck on that....also its the highest area for people that cannot read and the elections are set up that u need to read or it needs to be private so I cannot even go in and help my husband to read for him and then he can make an informed disission himself
....but if these like minded people did vote it would change a bunch of things ;) .......just gota get the people out and vote vote vote!!!

Canada is planning on changing how we vote so we will see what they plan for next time

Edited by wildedibles, 08 November 2016 - 07:22 AM.

• Sidestreet likes this

#13 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

• App Administrator
  • 7,586 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 November 2016 - 07:40 AM

It got me so upset when I voted for the first time and my grandfather told me I threw my vote away because I voted for the underdog

Aww, that was harsh!

I've voted third party before.  I understand the disgust with the false choice that we are given and I commiserate.  I am no supporter of Clinton.  This election, though, I live in a "battleground state" and I feel so strongly against Trump that I would even vote for Clinton to help keep him from getting the keys.  That is voting my conscience in this election.  And I understand that a lot of people feel the exact same way as I do, but with the names reversed.

I would never say that someone is throwing away their vote no matter what it is, unless they are voting insincerely.

Edited by Sidestreet, 08 November 2016 - 07:41 AM.

• wildedibles and Skywatcher like this

#14 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,463 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 November 2016 - 07:55 AM

I have a q for you guys ....If a tie happens in Canada they both get in and have to work together in parliment.....Does the same thing happen in the U.S.?
  • CatsAndBats likes this

#15 Zen_

Zen_

Timelord

• Founders
  • 4,951 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 November 2016 - 09:11 AM

Google: Soft Despotism

• Myc, wildedibles and Juthro like this

#16 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,630 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 November 2016 - 11:39 AM

Google: Soft Nearly Transparent Despotism

• wildedibles likes this

#17 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,370 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 November 2016 - 11:49 AM

People will be running in the streets hyper-clapping , falling down while weeping & wailing and exulting the name of Dear Leader madame president. Reminicent of North Korea...
  • fungi2bwith, wildedibles and Heirloom like this

#18 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 3,857 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 November 2016 - 12:16 PM

I have a q for you guys ....If a tie happens in Canada they both get in and have to work together in parliment.....Does the same thing happen in the U.S.?

No.  The winner in the US gets to immediately (behind the scenes but with great effort) work on getting re- elected next term, while avoiding doing what s/he promised, while the loser evaporates into a distant memory fading away... like a chem trail as if it may have never existed.

Edited by riseabovethought, 12 November 2016 - 03:07 PM.

• wildedibles likes this

#19 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,630 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 November 2016 - 12:46 PM

In the event of a tie the election would undoubtedly be determined by the Electoral College.

It's a weird institution that ultimately "certifies" all presidential elections but is basically the fallback position in case of election weirdness, like a tie in a vote by 150 million people.

In a nutshell - the votes by the voters don't matter at all. All votes are aggregated by state. Then each state is given a "weight" determined IIRC by the number of voters in that state. I'm not sure if the intent is to make each state of equal weight or if the intent is to see to it that no state is under-represented regardless of the number of voters therein. Anyway, my vote only counts within the context of how it adds up pro or con within my own state. Not any easy idea to get a grip on.

When my vote gets sent up to the College it's the state I live in, not me, that votes.

What could possibly go wrong?

Google it, it's a learning opportunity about the complexity of governing bodies.

Edited by pharmer, 08 November 2016 - 12:49 PM.

• Skywatcher and Juthro like this

#20 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 4,922 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 November 2016 - 01:46 PM

Every vote matters is a bunch of BS to make us feel like we are in charge. The popular vote does not determine who wins, or looses, only the electoral vote does.

The peoples (popular) vote is only for show and tell. A candidate can, and has won the white house while losing the popular vote. Most recently during the Gore/Bush election of 2000, Gore got nearly half a million more popular votes IIRC.

If the electoral vote ties, is goes to the house of representatives.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!