#41 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,216 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 November 2016 - 09:11 AM

Does the most accurate projection get a prize? 

I will wait and watch.  No monsters under my bed.

#42 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,038 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 November 2016 - 10:35 AM

Speaking of projections, so far, this is the most frightening one I've seen...

serveimage 10.34.43 PM.jpg

• Sidestreet likes this

#43 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,259 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 November 2016 - 10:37 AM

Maybe I can say that a little more precisely.

Not that there isn't a protocol but that there are people whose job is only to manage the perception of the little people in flyover country about the majesty and rightness of Orderly Transition

It has the convenient and compounding effect of legitimizing the rest of the illusion of Democracy

yeah, that's it, now I'm back in my comfort zone  :)

#44 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 3,644 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 November 2016 - 10:59 AM

The monsters still want her blood, and Rudy's gonna give it to em.  Gotta feed the monsters.  Unfortunate sacrifice, but sacrificing their own doesnt make em even hesitate.  And thats precisely the difference.  We are not like them.  They are seriously a different (and paradoxically indifferent) entity than us.  It gives them a supreme advantage.  When we go high, they grab our pussies.  We can never win as long as we follow these archaic self- sabotaging tying our own hands in a fight against someone with guns and cyberwar(fair?) and drones.   

#45 fungi2bwith

fungi2bwith

cat-monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,295 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 November 2016 - 01:26 PM

[Direct Link]

#46 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 4,113 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 November 2016 - 03:00 PM

So.... How long until Trump resigns, or is impeached.

I'm not much of a gambling man, but this bet makes sense to me. And will it be for reasons of national security, or will it be because he will eventually use the position to fleece his own pockets?

Either way, I see the republicans being more then willing to have him gone. Pence is much more predictable, and controllable as it relates to the party lines.

#47 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,216 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 November 2016 - 03:20 PM

a fight against someone with guns and cyberwar(fair?) and drones. 

Not to mention directed energy weapons.

#48 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 4,643 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 November 2016 - 04:38 PM

I am somewhat over the shock of realizing how divided this country is, and the disappointment and fear I feel to see the gained rights, and the entire planets fate placed in the hands of one who will attempt to reverse what progress has been made, instead making hate, division, environment destruction, and the worship of the mighty dollar the new law of the land.

I now see that there are far too many people who would elect someone they do not support, an example of all that goes directly against their beliefs, in a blind hope of forcing their personal beliefs and prejudice, or at least some of them, upon the population, rather than allow a progress supporting, liberal woman to continue the course that has been started and fought for.

I have racked my brain trying to understand a point of view I cannot support. 

If this is the outcome, the time to fight even harder for human rights, and stopping the rapid progression to the point of no return of this worlds environment is now needed even more. Even if Trump is somehow removed/ impeached, his radical evangelical side kick is no less of a nightmare.

I feel like I am fighting against a tidal wave of insanity, yet I will continue to do so. The president cannot force any action without congress, but that is no longer a safety net. I will be what I am. I will believe what I choose. I will support the forces that fight against  the environments destruction, and that support the individuals rights. I will wait and see what unfolds, and react accordingly.

This country is already very much changed, and I do not yet see any way to unify or satisfy all the people. So how to make the world able to coexist? Is it even possible? I don't know anymore.

I personally will be negatively impacted by the promised coming policy changes. I need to do as much as I can now to minimize the damages.

It does not seem I can just quietly retreat............................

• Juthro and niemandgeist like this

#49 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,038 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 November 2016 - 01:13 PM

turnout2016.jpg

• Sidestreet and Myc like this

#50 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 3,644 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 November 2016 - 01:13 PM

The Young Turks 

[Direct Link]

SNL Election Night

[Direct Link]

• Juthro likes this

#51 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 3,644 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 November 2016 - 01:14 PM

Chapelle's Election Day Monologue SNL

[Direct Link]

#52 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 3,644 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 November 2016 - 01:16 PM

Stephen Colbert Election Night

[Direct Link]

#53 catattack

catattack

JAZZ HANDS!

• OG VIP
  • 5,967 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 November 2016 - 01:24 PM

"if blacks made up 58% of the population, we would've elected a bunch of black presidents, we would've elected flava flav"

That SNL skit was gold

• riseabovethought and Juthro like this

#54 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 3,644 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 November 2016 - 04:05 PM

More fun election stuff

https://www.youtube....tY8s#t=2.638601

Edited by riseabovethought, 15 November 2016 - 04:06 PM.

#55 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,038 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 November 2016 - 05:56 PM

I have to admit to the guilty pleasure of watching Colbert, Bill Maher, The Young Turks, Rachel Maddow and their cognitively dissonant brethren...and sisters, of course, squirm through this whole thing. Yes, not being my better self but...what's a guy to do?

Edited by August West, 15 November 2016 - 05:57 PM.

• SteampunkScientist likes this

#56 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,216 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 November 2016 - 06:09 PM

gallery_131808_1351_31152.jpg

• Sidestreet, Myc, Skywatcher and 1 other like this

#57 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

You make me happy in a manic sort of way :)

• OG VIP
  • 2,398 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 November 2016 - 07:54 PM

I'm fine for people voting for whom they choose, for whatever reasons.

At the same time, I thought my father was joking when he was the first one to tell me the results of this presidential election. I never saw it coming.

I guess all we can do, however we voted, even if we didn't vote (I didn't -- Didn't like either candidate), is hope that somehow things work out for the better. Of course, I didn't have a feeling things would go very peachy with either candidate.

#58 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,569 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 November 2016 - 10:11 AM

Probably relevant:

[Direct Link]

An excellent reminder to not get too fixated on the proverbial head while forgetting about the body that holds it up.

This is another phenomenon to keep in mind (I'm really liking the videos on that channel...):

[Direct Link]

I feel like I am fighting against a tidal wave of insanity, yet I will continue to do so.

That never ends well, which is why I advocate grabbing a surfboard and learning how to "surf" it instead.

Both the literal and metaphorical waves under discussion are manifest forms of Chaos, and there's no standing firm against Chaos (which will sweep you away as if you weren't even there). It can only be "navigated" by balancing on the razor's edge where Order and Chaos meet. I think it's fascinating to see just how applicable the insights gained from actual surfing (of waves made of water) are to facing the social/cultural waves of people gathered in large groups.

In any case it seems to me that we've reached the point where analyzing politics through the lens of Chaos Theory is the only way it makes any semblance of 'sense.' After all, if only a couple of years ago I'd predicted that "In 2017 you'll be able to legally spark up a joint in a bar in Denver while talking to a legally-married same-sex couple about the policies of President Donald Trump!" just about everyone would've laughed in my face. But here we are... Surf's up!

• Sidestreet, Myc, Skywatcher and 2 others like this

#59 catattack

catattack

JAZZ HANDS!

• OG VIP
  • 5,967 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 November 2016 - 10:40 AM

What he said ^^^

I have a similar analogy/device that I use and that I oft share with my friends (they're usually relieved that I'm not talking about mycelium).

I like to think of a positive outlook as a boat. There is an ocean of negativity in this world but in order to stay afloat all one needs is a small craft to rise above it.

I'm a huge proponent of positivity, setting the tone, and momentum. If one has and maintains momentum, it's pretty difficult for anything to impede said momentum. Act, don't react. As much as I deplore the AA philosophy and mindset, I do think their use of the serenity prayer is brilliant. 

There's only one person that one has any control over.

Plus, lest we forget, we can just disobey. We do have our wits, we have open minds and the majority of us have a penchant for committing acts that are let's say 'north of legal'.

"I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." Robert A. Heinlein

• Alder Logs and SteampunkScientist like this

#60 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 1,997 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 November 2016 - 01:38 PM

Plus, lest we forget, we can just disobey. We do have our wits, we have open minds and the majority of us have a penchant for committing acts that are let's say 'north of legal'.

I like to live my life "north of legal", "south of responsible", "east of practical", and "west of proper".... :biggrin:

• Skywatcher and catattack like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!