Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Oriononthehorizon

Oriononthehorizon

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 02:01 AM

Does anyone else see the irony of cannabis being a federally scheduled 1 drug, yet gmo's are practically being pushed down our throats? And with practically no long term clinical studies on their safety taboot? (which there are of cannabis I might add)
To even further the irony, many of these same people that fight tooth and nail to keep cannabis illegal, claim to be christian. And I quote, "Behold,I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is on the face of all the earth, and every tree, in which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be meat."
Genesis chapter 1 verse 29
But I guess a person can be very choosy about what they choose to include and what they choose to exclude in the holy book that defines their religion. (I see that as a reflection of an individual, not Christian people in general)
But what does it mean to another person, if I, in the peace and sanctity of my own home, make the choice to somehow ingest a naturally occurring plant, that may or may not intoxicate me? Does my descision at this botanical crossroads really deserve the scrutiny of another human being? Isn't that what life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness is all about; being able to make up your own mind and make your own descions about what you put into your own body and what you do to alter your own consciousness?
The United States sure liked cannabis (hemp) during ww2, as the government encouraged farmers all around the Midwest to grow hemp in an effort to manufacture fabric from hemp to make satchels and equipment that was so tough that it is STILL with us today, by the way. They liked it enough to publish a little pamphlet called "hemp for victory" extolling the virtues of the botanical wonder from the cannabidacea so many humans lovingly call an ally. This booklet explained how pot would win the war, and how the farmers would be growing their country to victory. Oh, and they never were able to put the genie back into the bottle, as so many who have tried to grow sensimilla outside in many parts of the rural Midwest can attest too, by the way. Which really is an example of how much this plant wants to grow!
How can a progressive country keep this plant scheduled?
Isn't this plant what this country (and planet) need right now? This is a plant that brings people together in so many positive ways. Heals the sick, physically and spiritually. It fixes nitrogen, and that is a quality very few plants possess! It brings people together socially over food and drink. It encourages creativity in every art form. It definitely makes music more interesting! It encourages free thought. It takes one by the hand and causes them to examine their own social conditioning. It keeps you indoctinorated to a fascist police state and makes money for big pharma....oh, now I get it!
  • Sidestreet and Alder Logs like this

#2 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,598 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 November 2016 - 09:48 PM

Have ya seen this thread? https://mycotopia.ne...nabis-industry/
Moving this to Resist & Rebel, but if someone feels inclined to move to God & Country I won't be hurt.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!