28 replies to this topic

#1 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 6,941 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 November 2016 - 07:01 AM

I have always enjoyed smoking different kinds of weed. I find if I smoke the same stuff for long I get used to it and it dosnt work as good as it first did so I like changing it up.

With choosing medicinal weed there is enough guidance that I can usually choose what best suits me .... but sometime wow there is too much to choose from and I can get lost in strains and THC vs CBD and throw in the turpenes and now I need a dube to sort all this out? :)

So maybe we can discuss different strains, cannibonoids and turpeens here ....maybe a log if we need to remember what we like dislike cause really every bud is different and everybody is different :)
  • Juthro, Heirloom Spores and wharfrat like this

#2 catattack

catattack

[^._.^]ノ彡

• OG VIP
  • 6,758 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 November 2016 - 09:11 AM

Well here's a map of lineage to help you (it's soooo fun):

https://mycotopia.ne...nabis-genetics/

• wildedibles and Lakegal7 like this

#3 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 6,941 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 November 2016 - 04:06 PM

That sound cool but my Tablet will not load that not enough power or something I will look at it with the lab top when my friend gets back from holidays......Thanks very much :)
  • catattack likes this

#4 Direwolf13

Direwolf13

lone wolf

• OG VIP
  • 1,338 posts

Donator

Posted 13 November 2016 - 10:44 AM

My favorites right now are Bruce banner kush, cherry pie kush, and candy land.
  • wildedibles likes this

#5 catattack

catattack

[^._.^]ノ彡

• OG VIP
  • 6,758 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 November 2016 - 10:51 AM

Leafly is my favorite strain database but occasionally won't have the newest strains. They also have an app.

https://www.leafly.com/

http://medstrains.com/strains/

• wildedibles and Lakegal7 like this

#6 fungi2bwith

fungi2bwith

cat-monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,352 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 November 2016 - 12:48 AM

I do not like chocolope.....it tastes great the first two drags, then starts tasting like some mexican dirt weed. 

Some of my favorites are cherry pie, agent orange, NYCD, LA confidential, Blue Dreams(if its the right cut and grown right), and Mr. nice guy.....

• wildedibles and Juthro like this

#7 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 4,267 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 November 2016 - 02:19 AM

My newest favorite is Holy Grail. The last batch I got worked amazingly well for night time pain relief, and the flavor is wonderful. Blue Dream is another that works well for night time pain relief, so I can sleep.

For daytime smoke that wont drag me down and leave me a zombie, Durban Poison works well. But I don't like the taste of it very much, and I am looking for something better.
  • wildedibles likes this

#8 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 6,941 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 November 2016 - 02:39 AM

This time I couldnt choose lol so I got 5 diff kinds cant wait for it to get here :)
Skywalker OG
Island sweet skunk
Lemon sour desiel
White widow
Black tuna

I find everytime I look there is something new to try I cannot wait for them to get the blueberry ready I have always loved the fruity tasty ones ......... funny that u mention chocolate lol I had choco something before and ya it tastes good at first then not so good ....

#9 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,364 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 November 2016 - 03:05 AM

is there a concensus that if you buy, let's say Durban Poison, for its attributes

then you extract the goods, lets say with the Phoenix Tears tek,

that the attributes carry into the consumable product?

or are some of the attributes lost? or the consumable product just not comparable to the raw nugs?

• wildedibles and Juthro like this

#10 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 4,267 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 November 2016 - 03:39 AM

That is a wonderful question, Pharmer :)

I do not know the answer, but I would like to. I hope some one can enlighten us.
  • wildedibles likes this

#11 fungi2bwith

fungi2bwith

cat-monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,352 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 November 2016 - 03:43 AM

is there a concensus that if you buy, let's say Durban Poison, for its attributes

then you extract the goods, lets say with the Phoenix Tears tek,

that the attributes carry into the consumable product?

or are some of the attributes lost? or the consumable product just not comparable to the raw nugs?

The same high should be carried over via a correct RSO extraction, reason being is that when you do an RSO extract, you are pulling just about everything in the plant, including chlorophyl...so the high should be spot on to what the smoke of the plant would produce.....

This is generally a full spectrum extraction....I like acetone personally, with a good filtration, this provides full spectrum taffy if done correctly....a second extraction with a warm 100 proof alcohol would eliminate junk you don't need, but also terpines, as well as other cannabinoids would be discarded leaving you with a very medicinal, almost pure THC shatter....

On another note, I would like to someday grow out a Dr. Grinspoon plant....supposedly a full sativa. But you are talking about 90-100 days of flowering time....

Edited by fungi2bwith, 14 November 2016 - 03:52 AM.

• pharmer, wildedibles and Juthro like this

#12 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 6,941 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 November 2016 - 05:51 AM

:) Thank you that explains how you can seperate all the components or how to keep everything together :)

I was confused reading about strains and the medicinal differences but its not just the strain its the cannibinoids and the turpenes as well ....with seperating them we can better c how they work .....but when combining .......one turpene inhances THC and another calms down pyco activity ...... more q then answers so I will try try and try some more :) everybody is different anyway ..........Lovin the info you all have added :) Thanks

#13 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,364 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 November 2016 - 10:34 AM

RSO?

got a link?

thanks

Edited by pharmer, 14 November 2016 - 10:36 AM.

• wildedibles likes this

#14 fungi2bwith

fungi2bwith

cat-monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,352 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 November 2016 - 12:43 PM

[Direct Link]

• wildedibles, Juthro and Heirloom Spores like this

#15 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,364 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 November 2016 - 01:34 PM

Aha, Rick Simpson Oil.

Thanks !

• wildedibles likes this

#16 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 6,941 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 November 2016 - 01:38 PM

That is a great explanation and warnings fumes can be dangerous
Thanks for adding that video

The drops I can get are 7g's in a carrier oil instea of weed oil .....weed oil can be really good body bzz usually strong on the pain relief :) I love a good dube on an oil pape :)...........The coconut drops I have are nice to eat with food I find them to be a mild pain reliever but last a longer time ........

Ive tried shatter a few times its really good too the stuff I tried was tripy mind kind :) good for contemplating things if your willing to face and work on it can be very healing :)
  • Juthro likes this

#17 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 6,941 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 November 2016 - 03:12 PM

Black Tuna
THC: 20.2%; CBD: 0.2% - THC & CBD levels vary by lot

This strain can be quite potent, which makes it ideal for potential treatment of chronic pain, inflammation, appetite loss and insomnia

Medical: Pain, Insomnia, Stress, Inflammation
Effects: Euphoric, Happy, Relaxed, Sleepy
Flavours: Earthy, Skunk, Woody

hi bird :) sorry

I opened the bag and I smell skunk and lemon I didnt look at flavor b4 i opened trying to smell for myself ;) I smelled something sweet like and looking at the earthy, woody ya its like that not a sweet herby smell

I taste the earthy woody taste not really any skunk

Edited by wildedibles, 15 November 2016 - 03:16 PM.

• Juthro likes this

#18 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 6,941 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 November 2016 - 03:43 PM

I wanted to try this one first cause my neck has been killing me non stop all day today dont matter what i do .......well after smokin one I was able to put super in the oven with my neck not killin me I got soe pain coming back now but its diff ...I gonna have hot bath to help it out ..........uplifting on the mood too the lemon smell ones I have felt that before :) ..........got me thinking about the turpenes again is this turpene found in lemon balm too? I feel some positive mind effects mind expanding type of buzz :) good
  • Juthro likes this

#19 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 4,267 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 November 2016 - 03:49 PM

I look forward to the opening of the first dispensary within 100 miles of where I live. It is scheduled to open to the public next Monday. I look forward to buying my first bag (or pill bottle as it is) of 'legal' weed ever.

It's been a long time coming.
  • coorsmikey, wildedibles and Heirloom Spores like this

#20 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 6,941 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 November 2016 - 03:11 AM

Nice :) I do not drive so I decided to go with a company closer to you buddy :) They r in BC and they send it to my front door :) They say it takes 4 days from ordering but its usually like 2 days :) cheap delivery so I cant complain I woulld spend more in gas to pick up in a closer to me place

The Black Tuna was a great pain reliever :) It gave me the munchies too after an hour or so ......great for nausea and appitite loss :)

I tried LSD too lemon sour desiel another lemon one this one smelled like sour sugar candys nice fresh taste I find it a good pain reliever too
  • Juthro likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!