#61 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,419 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:33 AM

I find this subject fascinating, especially since I accidentally produced a cross breed of two different cubensis strains, redboy, and penis envy. I did this by using the pf Tek, 1/2 pint jars brf verm h20, and shooting them with the redboy. They sat in the cupboard for almost two months and not one produced any signs of white. Since none contaminated either I shot them again with the people, thinking that there might be some chance of them still being useful. This time they all jumped and within three weeks they were ready to birth. I was an absentee father by then, but I paid one last visit to the ex and put the cakes in an aquarium for her. They grew rapidly into the weirdest fruits I have ever seen. Black caps with dark violet streaking on the stems. I got a mutual friend to grab a few pics, and one cap which I printed. That cap grew 20 more, and those prints are right now being grown in 4 dozen jars to see if they retain their characteristic color and size. I am just getting a lab up, and am going to be using this method of experimenting with crossing these black beauties with my cyanescens, as was mentioned earlier. When I figure out a more scientific explanation for this, and I will entertain any thoughts as to what may have happened at the microscopic level. Updates to come.

Interesting. Cant wait to see some pics!

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk
  • Justintime, MycoAnt81 and Themoo like this

#62 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,545 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:32 AM

BB1.jpeg It has been a while since I used a computer, or dropped pictures on a page here at the topia. Bear with me. It took forever it seemed to find these on an old laptop.

BB2.jpg

BB3.jpg

bboy.jpeg

These were the second round of cakes made from the original cake that produced an all black cap. I have those pics somewhere. I will find them, just give me another year or so.

• Da-1, Justintime, MycoAnt81 and 1 other like this

#63 MycoAnt81

MycoAnt81

Myco Myco Myco Ant

• Free Member
  • 557 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 June 2018 - 12:03 PM

Hey everyone, this is my first attempt at a grow. Very stoked, just started pinning. Thought I’d drop a line and a pic, want to pitch in. 9b785d6194234af79d6361314145b571.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • happy4nic8r likes this

#64 Moose2141

Moose2141

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 01:57 PM

I know this thread has been dormant for a while but I have so many questions. I saw a write up by workman about cross breeding two strains of mushrooms by letting one strains myc completely take over a pf cake then innoculating it with another strain. This sounds to me like what you did happyfornic8er.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!