267 replies to this topic

#1 whitethumb

whitethumb

poisoned beauties

• OG VIP
  • 1,004 posts

Donator

Posted 16 November 2016 - 11:18 AM

it's been awhile since i have actually posted any grows, so i wanted to share my latest project.

df1b180fac6723f49f237c4fe3fef109.jpg

the day before
652388e88a0bfd369cedb5a7f3c579e6.jpg

it's taken some time to get to this point. the pins develope from knots that come through the casing. they also are slow to develop.
  • sandman, elfstone, MLBjammer and 13 others like this

#2 whitethumb

whitethumb

poisoned beauties

• OG VIP
  • 1,004 posts

Donator

Posted 16 November 2016 - 11:20 AM

i think i may have uploaded the same pic twice, here's the current pic taken today

9cf4ea8c3faacff42fb8834f08ab423f.jpg
  • MLBjammer, ethnobotanist420, wharfrat and 3 others like this

#3 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,419 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 November 2016 - 12:20 PM

Very beautiful fruits. I have grown those before, pretty slow to colonize and fruit. But they are extremely powerful in mojo, comparable to woodlovers.
  • elfstone, whitethumb, peacefrog and 2 others like this

#4 whitethumb

whitethumb

poisoned beauties

• OG VIP
  • 1,004 posts

Donator

Posted 16 November 2016 - 12:54 PM

the culture i'm working with colonized grains and sub fast. i believe less than 2 weeks for a quart jar of rye berries. then again i have a nice selection of agar that i put in liquid culture and used that to inoculate the rye berries
  • elfstone, MLBjammer, Juthro and 3 others like this

#5 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 5,164 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 November 2016 - 01:44 PM

Looking good, Whitethumb :)
  • MLBjammer, whitethumb and peacefrog like this

#6 whitethumb

whitethumb

poisoned beauties

• OG VIP
  • 1,004 posts

Donator

Posted 16 November 2016 - 01:59 PM

Very beautiful fruits. I have grown those before, pretty slow to colonize and fruit. But they are extremely powerful in mojo, comparable to woodlovers.

thanks!!! i have read that too about their potency.

Looking good, Whitethumb :)

thanks buddy, i hope the next few weeks fly by so they can put on some size.
  • MLBjammer likes this

#7 whitethumb

whitethumb

poisoned beauties

• OG VIP
  • 1,004 posts

Donator

Posted 16 November 2016 - 02:26 PM

i spawned these to sub
e13c684ac7e024fc4569a81a2e9bddb9.jpg

semperviva even fruited on agar!!
34429a0d2552b5bea774b4374271ced4.jpg

6df5640376a74f94ca2c294cda74d790.jpg

dca696e74a05efa7078988e59260bc41.jpg

there is another pin growing in the same petri dish!!
  • Sidestreet, MLBjammer, -=Zeus=- and 10 others like this

#8 peacefrog

peacefrog

Peaceful Frog

• OG VIP
  • 1,628 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 November 2016 - 06:56 PM

Awesome as always, buddy. Let us know how those work out for you potency wise. Jammer has told me they were better than pans. So enjoy!!!
  • MLBjammer and whitethumb like this

#9 Teonanacatl38

Teonanacatl38

Extradimentional Psilocypher

• Expired Member
  • 1,243 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 November 2016 - 07:07 PM

Hey Whitethumb :thumbs_up2: 

What is your tek for working with these?

I have an ancient print in my collection,  and have recently considered attempting it once I've moved.

• MLBjammer likes this

#10 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,419 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 November 2016 - 07:38 PM

the culture i'm working with colonized grains and sub fast. i believe less than 2 weeks for a quart jar of rye berries. then again i have a nice selection of agar that i put in liquid culture and used that to inoculate the rye berries

I recall it being rather slow to fruit.  Not too sure about colonization times (it's been several years and brain cells ago). 

As far as potency, I would rate Semperviva right up there with the strongest.  I never did more than 1.5 grams dry, and I would recommend about 1 gram dry.  I found the high to be more like a really clean mescaline or acid trip, very profound and ruminative.

I had a very old print that I got from the_chosen_one (TCO) many years ago.  I tried to revive it on agar and grain, and it was a dud.  I probably should have used activated charcoal, as the print was 8-9 years old, I believe.  Ah, well.

If you want to see some really nice crops of Viva, check out Captain Future's and TCO's grows of it.

Teo, I can tell you what TCO told me to do.  It's not a dung lover, so if you do want to use dung in your mix, do so sparingly.  You could go with straw or potting soil, or coir/vermiculite with maybe 15% dung.  I believe I used a coir/vermiculite substrate with a coir casing.  It definitely needs a casing layer, but fruiting parameters are about like cubensis.  It will colonize any grain or even brf cakes.  I recall it being a little slow to fruit, but it was pretty easy to work with.

I am honestly surprised that I do not see more grow logs of this species.  It's very cool.

Edited by MLBjammer, 16 November 2016 - 07:42 PM.

• elfstone, whitethumb, Teonanacatl38 and 2 others like this

#11 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,419 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 November 2016 - 07:39 PM

Awesome as always, buddy. Let us know how those work out for you potency wise. Jammer has told me they were better than pans. So enjoy!!!

I wouldn't say better, just different and stronger.  Every strain or species has its own character, I think.

• whitethumb, Teonanacatl38, Microbe and 1 other like this

#12 whitethumb

whitethumb

poisoned beauties

• OG VIP
  • 1,004 posts

Donator

Posted 16 November 2016 - 07:50 PM

thanks peace, i love it when you chime in!!

Hey Whitethumb 2:

What is your tek for working with these?

I have an ancient print in my collection, and have recently considered attempting it once I've moved.

i am using 50% coir and 50% humus manure mix as sub. i believe the bag said it was about 20% manure. i spawned my colonized rye berries to pasteurized substrate. then cased. i am fruiting in a mono type bucket that i have built myself.

I recall it being rather slow to fruit. Not too sure about colonization times (it's been several years and brain cells ago).

As far as potency, I would rate Semperviva right up there with the strongest. I never did more than 1.5 grams dry, and I would recommend about 1 gram dry. I found the high to be more like a really clean mescaline or acid trip, very profound and ruminative.

I had a very old print that I got from the_chosen_one (TCO) many years ago. I tried to revive it on agar and grain, and it was a dud. I probably should have used activated charcoal, as the print was 8-9 years old, I believe. Ah, well.

If you want to see some really nice crops of Viva, check out Captain Future's and TCO's grows of it.

Teo, I can tell you what TCO told me to do. It's not a dung lover, so if you do want to use dung in your mix, do so sparingly. You could go with straw or potting soil, or coir/vermiculite with maybe 15% dung. I believe I used a coir/vermiculite substrate with a coir casing. It definitely needs a casing layer, but fruiting parameters are about like cubensis. It will colonize any grain or even brf cakes. I recall it being a little slow to fruit, but it was pretty easy to work with.

I am honestly surprised that I do not see more grow logs of this species. It's very cool.

that's awesome to know!!! the prints i have originally came from the chosen one via captain future.

i have 2 tubs fruiting now, one isn't anything impressive. it's mainly fruiting from side pins.
  • MLBjammer, peacefrog and Gnomesayin like this

#13 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,419 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 November 2016 - 05:07 AM

It's a small world, huh?  I didn't have the best pinsets either, as I remember, but I bet yours come out pretty nice.

Your substrate mix sounds perfect from what I know about the species.  Could you post a pic of the bucket?  I love the bucket grows.

• whitethumb likes this

#14 peacefrog

peacefrog

Peaceful Frog

• OG VIP
  • 1,628 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 November 2016 - 05:47 AM

His buckets are cool as hell. He sent me some pics a while back.
  • whitethumb likes this

#15 whitethumb

whitethumb

poisoned beauties

• OG VIP
  • 1,004 posts

Donator

Posted 17 November 2016 - 08:54 AM

It's a small world, huh? I didn't have the best pinsets either, as I remember, but I bet yours come out pretty nice.

Your substrate mix sounds perfect from what I know about the species. Could you post a pic of the bucket? I love the bucket grows.

i just hope i can do these justice.

His buckets are cool as hell. He sent me some pics a while back.

thanks, i guess i have to snap some photos
  • Gnomesayin likes this

#16 whitethumb

whitethumb

poisoned beauties

• OG VIP
  • 1,004 posts

Donator

Posted 17 November 2016 - 08:57 AM

here's where 1 tub stands today
8291ebf4d8aea9b5b4414813f4ed10a6.jpg

slightly zoomed in
9dfe2d3b976e199dcba080b4e11ad883.jpg

my favorite little grouping coming along nicely
2184924a8756ca29041400d0eabfd5d8.jpg

the bucket
e6b36ed3b198ae0f8c957d9fb13ccb13.jpg

this is a strip of waterproof 6700k lights
2f3ff920ab4703c4ac800dd860a741b2.jpg
  • ethnobotanist420, Microbe and Gnomesayin like this

#17 whitethumb

whitethumb

poisoned beauties

• OG VIP
  • 1,004 posts

Donator

Posted 17 November 2016 - 11:25 AM

zoomed in pic
9c7124bbd22d62356f438918b533c98e.jpg

the stipe looks wood like
  • ethnobotanist420, Microbe, Gnomesayin and 1 other like this

#18 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,419 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 November 2016 - 12:41 PM

Dude, that's absolutely badass. And as far as doing the species justice, you've already done that.

Thanks so much for sharing.
  • whitethumb, Microbe and Gnomesayin like this

#19 whitethumb

whitethumb

poisoned beauties

• OG VIP
  • 1,004 posts

Donator

Posted 17 November 2016 - 01:18 PM

Dude, that's absolutely badass. And as far as doing the species justice, you've already done that.

Thanks so much for sharing.

thanks man, i appreciate that very much. i hardly ever trip but, these are an exception.
  • MLBjammer, CatsAndBats, gadas and 1 other like this

#20 Teonanacatl38

Teonanacatl38

Extradimentional Psilocypher

• Expired Member
  • 1,243 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 November 2016 - 01:23 PM

Im really glad to see peeps working with the exotics. 

They seemed a lot more prevalent years ago.

Do you plan on making any prints?

• MLBjammer likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!