#221 peacefrog

peacefrog

Peaceful Frog

• OG VIP
  • 1,467 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 May 2017 - 04:15 AM

Awesome!

Those look cool as hell. I'm getting there myself. I have recovery from my LI today, so hopefully in a few weeks, I can contribute some pics to this great thread as well.
  • MLBjammer likes this

#222 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,379 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 May 2017 - 04:18 AM

Good to hear.  You inoculated with an agar/clone slurry to a BRF/vermiculite mix?

I look forward to your results.  Keep this thread going, man!

• peacefrog likes this

#223 peacefrog

peacefrog

Peaceful Frog

• OG VIP
  • 1,467 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 May 2017 - 04:27 AM

Multi spore transferred 3 times to insure cleanliness, a wedge transferred to my trusty OLD blender assembly for LI, into BRF cake mixture in PP5 containers. I will let them colonize then case and hope for the best.

#224 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,379 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 May 2017 - 11:35 AM

You have the old 9er tek blender. I bet there aren't too many of those around. I am sure you will be rockin' the Vivas really soon.

#225 peacefrog

peacefrog

Peaceful Frog

• OG VIP
  • 1,467 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 May 2017 - 06:03 PM

Yep, this old thing:
IMG_0277.JPG

Damn that thing is old!! But still makes a great LI from an agar wedge.

The 9er tek is exactly where I stole the idea from. That was a great post back in the day IMO. I even tried the positive airflow design in that tek for my glovebox.

Good memories.
  • MLBjammer likes this

#226 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 4,389 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 May 2017 - 08:36 PM

Holy shit..........a blender from 1976..............you tell because it's not aerodynamic.......and they emphasized SOLID STATE...contrasted against what Vacuum Tube or gasp Hand Powered.....hahahahaha...........sweet! 

I have a turn of the century hand grinder, the last one not the 21st, that still works like charm actually.......I mean a whole century ago as in 1917...........

A

Edited by Arathu, 01 May 2017 - 08:40 PM.

• MLBjammer, peacefrog and tailsmcsnails like this

#227 elfstone

elfstone

Mycophage

• Black VIP
  • 142 posts

Donator

Posted 02 May 2017 - 04:46 PM

I am interested to hear more reports of the experiences folks here have had with consuming the sempervivas. Anyone dip their toes in the water of late?

Edited by elfstone, 02 May 2017 - 10:20 PM.

• MLBjammer likes this

#228 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,379 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 May 2017 - 06:36 PM

I have been eating them every few weeks for the last couple months.  I cannot say I have had a mushroom trip I like more.  It's smooth, very visual, and often profound.  I never felt anxious or particularly wigged out.  It's really just a beautiful experience.  I have not pushed beyond 1.5 grams dry, though, but I plan to.  I cannot recommend this species enough, from cultivating to ingesting.  It's as good as anything I have found.

• elfstone, Trippy_Toes, peacefrog and 3 others like this

#229 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,379 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 May 2017 - 06:39 PM

Yep, this old thing:
attachicon.gifIMG_0277.JPG

Damn that thing is old!! But still makes a great LI from an agar wedge.

The 9er tek is exactly where I stole the idea from. That was a great post back in the day IMO. I even tried the positive airflow design in that tek for my glovebox.

Good memories.

Thanks for sharing.  You won't see too many of those around.  It was the rage for a while in the early to mid 2000s.  I believe 9er's tek was originally posted on the old discuss boards.  So it's a great piece of history.  Thanks again, PF.

• peacefrog likes this

#230 peacefrog

peacefrog

Peaceful Frog

• OG VIP
  • 1,467 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 May 2017 - 04:11 AM

Yea I remember reading that tek 100's of times back when. I never had any luck with cloning like he did though. It contaminated every time for me. So I just used agar wedges instead and never have any issues unless I mess up something. That blender was my moms and I just started using it. It's crazy that old thing still works. They sure don't make things like they used to.

#231 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,379 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 May 2017 - 04:16 AM

My first foray into cloning was dropping tissue into a jar of sterile water with pieces of glass in the bottom to break the tissue up.  I got that from the old boards here, not exactly sure where.  But it worked.

Agar is much better for cloning, though.

And that old blender is definitely a cool piece of history.

• fahtster and peacefrog like this

#232 whitethumb

whitethumb

poisoned beauties

• OG VIP
  • 952 posts

Donator

Posted 04 May 2017 - 11:14 PM

thanks for the update, sorry i have been missing inn action.
  • MLBjammer and peacefrog like this

#233 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,379 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 May 2017 - 03:26 AM

Good to see you back in action, my friend.

• whitethumb likes this

#234 meyer

meyer

Its better to burn out, than fade away...

• OG VIP
  • 949 posts

Donator

Posted 07 May 2017 - 01:46 AM

How kismic, my first time logging in a while, and this was part of the reason. I tried these before I went mia, but I got a bad syringe from ET, just got another one from them and hoping this one turns out not infected... they made good on it, but didn't have the strain for a while.

Anyway, enough about that... very impressed WT and jammer, if you guys don't mind, hopefully I can contribute to this thread as well in the near future, I will be noccing up some grain this week. I must say, hearing you guys talk about the trip has me drooling, now I must make this work. Thank you for the motivation, not that I needed much, but damn, I know now I will not be able to sleep tonight. I don't get my syring till Monday, so I will have to find something else to do till it arrives. Very glad to hear everyone's been able to grow these w/o too many issues, granted those growing have skills, well done guys!

Edited by meyer, 07 May 2017 - 01:50 AM.

• MLBjammer, peacefrog and sparrow95 like this

#235 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,379 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 May 2017 - 04:07 AM

Man, I haven't seen you around in a bit.  I hope all is well.

Yes, give these a try.  They are not difficult to grow, and we are here to help you along.

Good luck, and great to see you on the boards.

• meyer and sparrow95 like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!