Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Nestlé and Coca-Cola Attempt to Block National Parks From Banning Bottled Water Sales

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,721 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 November 2016 - 03:59 PM

Nestlé and Coca-Cola Attempt to Block National Parks From Banning Bottled Water Sales

Single-use water bottles generate up to 20 percent of the waste in national parks and 80 percent of park visitors favor banning their sale. But the International Bottled Water Association is using campaign contributions to prevent tax dollars from being used to develop free drinking water infrastructure in parks.

Can we end just this little slice of the corruption our government is awash in?

• Sidestreet, riseabovethought, Juthro and 2 others like this

#2 sillyrabbitcubiesR4us

sillyrabbitcubiesR4us

Mycotopiate

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 632 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 November 2016 - 07:02 PM

I kinda wish we would just get over the disposable era with a quickness.. But yes the corruption needs to end as well. Both would do our planet justice.
  • Juthro likes this

#3 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,690 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 November 2016 - 08:40 PM

The business of selling our water is huge money. They (corporate powers) are not going to let a little thing like pollution get in their way. Hell, they don't even worry about letting a entire towns go dry...

http://www.nytimes.c...hasta.html?_r=0
  • sillyrabbitcubiesR4us likes this

#4 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,721 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 November 2016 - 09:56 PM

As I was walking up the stairs to the loft to log on here, I was thinking that the time has come to end machine party politics.   With both the major parties on the take, let no voter point a finger at another voter.  

Can the generations join to educate each other about how it has all become corrupted?  

Both parties put up the wrong candidates, for their own reasons.   Hillary and the Democrats were too cleaver by half, thinking that all they had to do was let the machine work.  They stole the nomination from their own candidate who had the hearts of the people, thinking the woman card was all it would take to win the national.   The party who won the office had its old Southern Strategy, tried and true, and an opponent who made her own party stay at home in droves.  

Democrats, tear down your machine. 

Republicans, you have hired your own demolition expert. 

Let this government, of the people, by the corporations, for the rich, perish from the Earth!

#5 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,690 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 November 2016 - 10:49 PM

Strange....

I cant access this thread from the "Latest Posts" menu. Every time I try I get a "Cant find this page" screen. But I can access from other menus.

Anyone else having this issue?

#6 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,861 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 November 2016 - 09:42 AM

No problems here Juthro. I just re-navigated my way to this page from the other direction.

Now for my awful comment.

Remember the old days when water fountains used to be marked according to the race of the intended user? 

We could do that again.

Set up a water fountain with a sign - Conscientious Beings - Free Refills

Set up a water bottle vending machine right next to that with a sign - Self-Centered Environment Poisoning Assholes

Enjoy your plastic leachate beverage. Drink up. :) 

Edit: I come back to add that we need to place a HEFTY - HEFTY deposit on all these plastic containers. Just like the glass bottles of yesteryear. Homeless folks could develop a new source of income (seriously). Get rich off of returning plastic bottles for their deposit value. 

Edited by Myc, 17 November 2016 - 09:46 AM.

• Alder Logs, Juthro and Heirloom like this

#7 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,721 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 November 2016 - 09:52 AM

It's only the God blessed free market forces which have determined the price of representation.  

Guess what, Mr. and Ms. Citizen, you can't afford any. 

Edited by Alder Logs, 17 November 2016 - 09:52 AM.

• Myc likes this

#8 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 4,061 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 November 2016 - 02:42 PM

They sure have some nerve dont they?  First drain the fresh water reservoir out of small towns all over the country wherever they can get a legal lease on land within water table levels they can tap and drill into, then they fill up their trucks till the water's gone, pack up and leave the town with no drinking water, and all the town can do is try to sue.  Good luck little townspeople- they are gone and onto the next town.  Its more legal robbery and they dare even go further by trying to tap into National Parks?  Motherfuckers!  Someone please smash those rotten dirty underhanded predatory capitalist thieves! How is that legal when the people make the laws?  When our fucking traitor- useless clown- 'representatives' allow our systematic rape and pillage by the biggest corporations at will, all we can do is vote in an actual clown, and hope for the best.  That oughta teach em.     :wacko:

[Direct Link]

[Direct Link]

[Direct Link]

Edited by riseabovethought, 17 November 2016 - 02:53 PM.

#9 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

You make me happy in a manic sort of way :)

• OG VIP
  • 2,703 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 November 2016 - 07:38 PM

Another fucked up thing that Nestle and the other major drink companies that have their own bottled water is that the stuff isn't "natural spring water". The water actually comes from natural aquifers and other city/state-owned water sources.

The bottled water companies just pump out local water sources, depleting them for the residents of the city/town/state, process it, and bottle it to sell elsewhere in the country/world for money. They deplete the water resources of people who need it and sell it elsewhere.

In the end, it's just tap water.

So messed up how the companies are preventing the installation of free water fountains for people.

People NEED water and should have free access to it. They shouldn't have to pay for water that they need in order to live.

I can't remember which article I read recently and can't find it in my browser history, but I recall having read about how it's the bottled water companies that have lobbied heavily to prevent installation of new infrastructure of public water fountains, and if I recall correctly they try to actively get such resources removed.

It's handy to keep some tap water/drinkable water on hand for emergencies, but you don't have to go out and buy the bottled water. You can reuse older containers and just fill it with your tap water, so in the event that the local water processing plant goes down or gets inundated/flooded with rain water or something and isn't safe to drink, you've still got a bunch of safe water on hand to drink during storms/natural disasters/etc.

Also, I've read that if the sewage plants go out during a hurricane/etc. having extra water on hand will flush your toilet when the plumbing isn't replenishing the water in your tank!

#10 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,690 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 November 2016 - 08:05 PM

I wish we had a deposit on bottles (water bottles too) and cans here in AK.   That is something that I support strongly, but that has never caught traction here.

(For what ever reason, this thread is still not linking for me from the latest posts menu.  It is the only thread that is giving me trouble (so far), and it is consistent.  But it pops up with no problem when I go through the resist and rebel menu, and click on it there. 

Very strange......)

#11 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,721 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 November 2016 - 08:18 PM

Juthro, isn't it true that the Alaska State Flower is the 55 gallon drum?

Haha on edit, the first link on an image search: 

http://www.groundtru...1.1600x1600.jpg

Edited by Alder Logs, 17 November 2016 - 08:21 PM.

• Juthro likes this

#12 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,690 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 November 2016 - 09:32 PM

LOL, thats a good one, Alder :)

It's some funny stuff, but it makes me sad too, cuz there is so much truth in that picture.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!