• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 peptorepto

peptorepto

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 03:48 PM

Anyone have any tips on how to germ the seeds and then what nutes, conditions, etc. they need to grow well? Planning on planting them in my yard in SoCal.

#2 fungi2bwith

fungi2bwith

cat-monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,564 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 November 2016 - 08:12 PM

Score the seeds and soak them in water overnight......then plant, treat as any newly planted seed, not too much water, and warmth....

Since you are in SoCal, I would say just plant them outdoors around a fence or trellis they can climb up....use a rich soil in the ground once they are ready to be transplanted there....a 50/50 mix of ffof and your local soil should suffice.

give nutes as needed, about once every couple of weeks during peek growing season, late spring to early fall, then just water with plain water and not too much during winter months....They can go without water for a while.....pretty much like growing any other type of morning glory plant....

Edited by fungi2bwith, 18 November 2016 - 08:23 PM.

• bozefonce likes this

#3 bozefonce

bozefonce

peculiar star

• OG VIP
  • 719 posts

Donator

Posted 24 November 2016 - 07:45 PM

Protect seedlings from ground insects, slugs and snails when young and tender. I recommend potting first then transplanting after they reach a more mature stage. I lost my first ever germination attempt to snails years ago, and it took me a few years after that to try again. Once established they are hardy and can withstand a fair amount of neglect. They are fast growers with good sun, water and nutrients, able to grow quite high up a trellis or arbor, or cover a fence. Fungi's observations on nutrients and related matters are very good. My vines cover an entire corner of my house :)

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!