#41 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,487 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:48 PM

I've re vegged plants and I know a few others here have also.

I trim the plant leaving some little bud parts on lower branches for new vegetation to grow out from. I put the plant under 24 hrs of light and fertilize it like I would any plant in the veg cycle. In a few weeks you will see its putting out new growth and in a month to 6 weeks you can easly clone the plant.

I have done it to get clones when I had problems cloning. I have also used the re vegged plants to flower again.

I know Happy has mentioned doing this also.

• ethnobotanist420 likes this

#42 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,494 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 January 2017 - 12:17 AM

This makes me feel a lot better about my situation...

I don't really have a lot of branches I want to be sacrificing to make clones right now... this is a small grow after all and I want to get the most out of it.

I still have one clone in the humidity dome that hasn't shown roots yet but I think it is trying to root or has started to root a little... of this clone doesn't make it tho I think I will just flower the plat as is(when it's ready) and then re-veg after harvest.

This would be my first time re-vegging a plant too so that could end up being fun and educational lol
-Ethno
  • Heirloom and Lakegal7 like this

#43 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,494 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 January 2017 - 04:07 PM

Update time!

9 weeks old from seed today!

I don't have too much to share today... I'm basically just just waiting for her to grow a bit taller so I can bend her lol

Plant is looking healthy... I think I the mag deficiency is taken care of as well :)

Sorry it's kind of a boring week... like I said just watching her grow lol

I'll post a proper update with pictures next week whether I'm ready to bend her over or not.

Thanks for tuning in! (Sorry for being lazy with the update this week lol)
-Ethno
  • Heirloom likes this

#44 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,494 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 January 2017 - 07:22 PM

And now for an unscheduled/early update! Lol

I decided today was the day to bend her over so that is what I did… everything went really well for the most part! I will update again on Sunday (my weekly update) but I wanted to show you guys what I did today…

So here is a picture of her before anything was done to her:

CC 024.jpg

First thing I did was topped every top (there were six of them). Next thing I did was bent everything over and tied it down really well…

Here is a pic of her now… after the topping and tie down:

CC 025.jpg

Everything went really well except I went a bit too ape shit and ended up splitting the main stem a little bit :/ It only split maybe a quarter inch down and I immediately closed the split with twist ties and a zip tie…

You can see the split and how I fixed it in this pic:

CC 026.jpg

I feel like she will be fine… please someone make me feel better and agree with me? Lol I have split stems in the past and they have always healed up great but this had me scared… Again I think it will be fine but PLEASE feel free to make me feel better ;) (or tell me its all over if that’s how you see it lol)

So here is a pic of her now… back under the light:

CC 027.jpg

All branches have at least 4 nodes to them (some already showing new shoots) so in a week or so we should see 2 new shoots coming from each of those 4 nodes on each of the 6 branches lol That should be a nice amount of tops/budsites! As soon as the shoots start to develop nicely I will switch to 12/12 and get this party started! That is the plan anyway…

I will do another update on Sunday like usual and we can look at how she is dealing with me manhandling her then lol I just wanted to show you guys what I did today and maybe get some input on how you guys feel the stem split will be…

Anyway… Thanks for tuning in and I’ll see you again on Sunday!

-Ethno

• Hash_Man, wildedibles and Juthro like this

#45 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,487 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 January 2017 - 08:12 PM

I think the split will heal. I have broke braches before and used some tape to put it back into its upright position and they healed right up.

Looks good.

#46 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,494 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 January 2017 - 08:41 PM

Thanks, Heirloom, I needed that reassurance lol I'm sure she will be fine too...

One of the clones I thought was dead ended up rooting as well... it looks AWEFUL and the too is dead but I planted it so we will see lol I also took another clone today :)
  • Heirloom likes this

#47 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Cranky Old Weed Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,355 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 January 2017 - 12:45 PM

2017_1_29_0_41_18_602_PM-1.png

You did a excellent job tying her up bro.

I feel sorry for your girlfriend lol

Edited by Hash_Man, 29 January 2017 - 12:49 PM.

• mate0x, ethnobotanist420 and Heirloom like this

#48 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,487 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 January 2017 - 01:09 PM

hope the 1 that rooted pulls through.

#49 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,494 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 January 2017 - 07:14 PM

Update!

My lovely lady is 10 weeks old from seed today!

I don't have any new pictures for this week but you guys saw her two days ago anyway lol

She has taken very well to the bending and stress and doesn't seem to have missed a single beat... every node is now starting to push out shoots and the leaves have for the most part corrected themselves alreaddy and are facing up.

I'm super happy with how things are looking two days after the bending... the split in the stem doesn't seem to have affected the plant at all. I think she will keep going and heal up just fine!

hope the 1 that rooted pulls through.

The one rooted but half dead looking clone was planted two days ago as well and doesn't seem to look any worse... maybe a bit better. I also have a new clone in the humidity dome for the last two days and it's looking good as well.

You did a excellent job tying her up bro.

I feel sorry for your girlfriend lol

Thanks, man! And don't worry about Mrs. Ethno... she's a fan ;) lol

That's pretty much it for this week... I'll see you next week with another update and more pictures... maybe then we can get a bit better feel for how long until flowering :)

Thanks for tuning in and I'll see you next Sunday!
-Ethno

Edited by ethnobotanist420, 29 January 2017 - 07:16 PM.

• Lakegal7 likes this

#50 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,494 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 February 2017 - 03:34 PM

Alright guys its time for an update! We are at week 11 from seed…

Lets start with a picture of the plant this morning:

CC 033.jpg

She looks a little rough in what were some of her lower, smaller fan leaves but I’m not too concerned considering she was under a good bit of stress lately (drastic bending and stem splitting). All of the new growth looks healthy as can be too, so, like I said… Im not too worried about the yellowing in the older, lower (now middle) leaves.

Lets look at a couple pictures of the new growth on the stems:

CC 034.jpg

And

CC 035.jpg

The new shoots along the length of the stem are all starting to catch up to each other and growing quicker in the last few days as the plant starts to recover from the shock it received…  I think we are still a week or two out from flowering (unfortunately) but I really want to see that new growth be nice and strong and good size before I flip to 12/12. Again, I’m not too worried about the yellowing on some of the leaves in those pictures for the reasons stated above…

Also we have a new addition to the garden today (yesterday)! I switched out the CFLs for a 150w HPS I wired up in this thread: https://mycotopia.ne...-2#entry1305844

I think this will help speed up the growth as well as giving the plant a chance to get used to the light before the switch to 12/12… Here is a shot of her chilling out under her new light:

CC 036.jpg

She seems to be digging it! Ambient temps are stable at around 85f during lights on… It’s a bit warm but I took temp readings of various leaves with an infrared temp gun and never got a reading over 75f on any of the leaves so I think all is well there…

So basically… More waiting lol This is turning out to be one hell of a long veg but I think it will be worth it in the end :) Thanks for tuning in and I’ll see you next week!

-Ethno

PS: the rooted clone that looked half dead is starting to slowly put on some new growth! I’m very pleased about that… the clone I took more recently has yet to root but still looks alright to me.

Edited by ethnobotanist420, 05 February 2017 - 03:38 PM.

• Heirloom and Lakegal7 like this

#51 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,494 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 February 2017 - 10:16 PM

The clone that survived has 4 tops lol I guess the top part of the clone actually was dead and effectively topped itself....

Also there is a sprout coming or where the stem meets the soil....

So 5 tips total on this 2 inch tall clone already lol

Gonna make a bushy plant I guess :)
  • Heirloom likes this

#52 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,494 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 February 2017 - 04:36 PM

Hey guys time for an update… Week 12 from seed today!

She is really looking nice now I think! She is filling out nicely and starting to really put on that new growth... Here is a picture of her this morning:

CC 039.jpg

Here are some pictures of the new shoots pointing up and stretching towards the light:

CC 040.jpg

And another:

CC 041.jpg

The clone I thought wouldn’t make it is now looking awesome as well… it seems to have topped itself lol that’s nice I suppose… She has 4 tops now and a sprout coming out of the soil. Here is a shot of the clone:

CC 037.jpg

And another more spread out:

CC 038.jpg

So that’s where we are at right now… I could probably start flowering this week but I want to give it one more just to be sure everything is nice and set in place. Next week for sure tho we flip to 12/12! Im soooo excited to finally start flowering this plant… I hope I have a good frame set up for a nice harvest : )

So I’ll see you next week for the first day of flower!! Thanks for tuning in,

-Ethno

• Heirloom , Lakegal7 and Gnomesayin like this

#53 Lakegal7

Lakegal7

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 454 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:14 AM

Ethno, I love the symenatry of your plant. I've been doing all my grows low stress training , but they are
controlled chaos.
Now if I understand, you cut off the center cola and cloned it?

#54 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Cranky Old Weed Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,355 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:41 AM

Hey Ethno, yea your sites are magically appearing as I like to look at it, it's like the plants says "I know what I'm doing"
  • ethnobotanist420 and Juthro like this

#55 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,514 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:41 AM

:) looking yummy buddy :) Split stems always get me worried to but plants have this inner nneed to grow grow grow so if you tape it up good it works great as long as water can get threw it will regrow around it no prob.....I have used a fermented comfrey on a stem that broke on me one year and it healed in two days or so ....comfrey heals plant tissue as well as it heals people tissue or animal for that matter ....my friends horse gets some comfrey for her leg all summer its a permentaly messed up leg but the comfrey lets her run with her brother again after wraping it around her leg for a few days :)
  • Hash_Man, ethnobotanist420, Juthro and 3 others like this

#56 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,494 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 February 2017 - 07:32 PM

@Lakegal7

Actually the clone I took is from a bottom shoot that was way too shaded to become anything... I took two of them and this is the one that made it. I think one page back i posted a picture talking about taking clones... in that picture the clones were taken from the lowest growth on the plant.

I think it would have been a good idea to let the main cola grow taller and then remove/clone it... I think having a larger stem butt (scar tissue area) between the two new tops would have made that junction stronger and less likely to split later on when bent like it did for me... or at least I believe I have read something to that effect lol I hope that made sense...

@Hash_Man

Thank god it knows what it's doing... it was definitely growing despite me a few times lol

@Wildedibles

I have been reading so much about comfrey lately it's crazy... that is a good plant to use to brew a fertilizer tea, right? It seems to have so many uses I can't really justify not having some in my yard/garden anymore lol

Edited by ethnobotanist420, 18 February 2017 - 07:35 PM.

• wildedibles likes this

#57 Lakegal7

Lakegal7

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 454 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 February 2017 - 02:13 AM

Ethnobotanist, sorry, i should of looked back to refresh the ol
memory ha ha
I remember you taking clones. I was just making assumptions
when looking at your oh so cool symmetrical girl.
I'm pretty new to this hobby. I've been told and have always targeted
the lower branches for clones too.
Just didn't know if a clone was taken off the top
Like I said, I made assumptions
You do have the coolest girl on Mycotopia : )
  • Hash_Man, ethnobotanist420 and wildedibles like this

#58 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,494 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 February 2017 - 07:25 PM

Thanks Lakegal!! No need for any apologies lol

Hey guys and gals… update day today! Week 13 from seed (Day 1 of flower) today!

It was high time to do it so I’ve officially started the flowering process… She got her first full 12 hours of darkness last night so for the sake of this journal we will say today is day 1 of flower. Not that ill be harvesting based on “days in flower” anyway but its nice to have a time frame to look back on lol Also, remember, I’ll be taking this girl quite late to get that CBN content up (hopefully).

So here is a picture of her under the light this morning:

CC 043.jpg

Here is a top view of her out of that intense yellow tinted light:

CC 044.jpg

Some side shots showing the budsites:

CC 045.jpg

I’m hoping she doesn’t stretch TOO hard:

CC 046.jpg

I also transplanted my rooted clone and moved it… along with the one still rooting… to a separate area because they get to stay up later lol Here is a picture of that setup… Kinda ghetto and it will need more work but for now its OK for this small clone and my Loph seedlings:

CC 042.jpg

So that’s where we are sitting at right now… Over the next 2 weeks or so we will watch her stretch, tie down any branches that try to shoot up too high and wait for that to stop and buds to start setting :) I cant wait to see this girl flower… Its been a damn long veg period lol She smells nice already… I’m REALLY looking forward to see how she turns out.

Thanks for tuning in! See you next Sunday at the end of week 1 of flowering,

-Ethno

• Hash_Man, wildedibles and Lakegal7 like this

#59 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Cranky Old Weed Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,355 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 February 2017 - 08:20 PM

Cool bro I just flowered finally this weekend also, I had a chance to smoke some high CBD and man I slept good and woke up with no worries and like I was 45 years younger

Edited by Hash_Man, 19 February 2017 - 08:22 PM.

• ethnobotanist420 and Lakegal7 like this

#60 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,494 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 February 2017 - 10:11 PM

I've been watching your thread, Hash... I haven't commented yet cuz I'm trying to catch up on reading it all before I say anything lol from what I've seen tho it's looking awesome... that OG is gonna be some fire ;)
  • Hash_Man likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!