#81 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Cranky Old Weed Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,116 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 March 2017 - 03:11 PM

Edit:
(Mag difiency is the older leaves yellow between the leaf vein and you have some of that also so I think when you have multiple symptoms it's pH and maybe lockout) and both can be corrected the same way

I've had this problem and yours looks the same you did do good raising the lights ... there's two main things the lights which you took care of, because Cooper difiency the yellowing and some times white tips and edges will appear in the area the lights are hottest at, the color wont come back to those leaves but we want to correct what is/was happening from going to other leaves. Your in soil right? so really 6.0 pH is a bit low even if you have a lot of perlite in your mix. I'm in promix and 30% perlite and keep my pH at pretty much 6.3 and things are perfect now but most soils you can go a bit higher personally I'd would be 6.5 for regular soil

Edited by Hash_Man, 16 March 2017 - 05:33 PM.

• ethnobotanist420, wildedibles and Lakegal7 like this

#82 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,452 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:41 PM

Thank you Hash_Man! I'm going to be getting a better PH tester and some PH up/down this week hopefully!

Weekly update time!

Today is week 17 from seed and week 4 of flower!

Things aren’t looking too bad today :) She is still quite discoloured on most of the leaves but it doesn’t seem to be progressing and bud and trichrome production are still moving along well! I doubt I will get the colour back into the leaves but as long as things don’t get worse and the buds keep beefing up properly I’m not too worried about it honestly… anyway, on to some pictures!

Here she is under the light:

CC 066.jpg

A top view in better lighting:

CC 067.jpg

Side view:

CC 068.jpg

So as you can see she doesn’t look noticeably worse than last week… not worse but not better either… like I said tho I don’t think she is going to get that colour back in her leaves so as long as she’s not worse I’m ok with it lol

Bud shots! Check out the trichrome production:

CC 069.jpg

Another shot:

CC 070.jpg

Aaannnddd another:

CC 071.jpg

And one more:

CC 072.jpg

I think it’s pretty clear to see that bud-wise things are on track and that’s what I’m really concerned about right now lol I have a few ideas as to what has her upset and the next clone of her that I run things will be different… I think (1) She had root problems from the start due to poor soil. (2) Feeding schedule and dose was not dialed in. (3) She is in much to small of a pot and is likely quite rootbound.

Next go around I plan to have a larger pot and I’m going to be using a MUCH better soil blend with nutrients built right in… I’m researching “super soils” as we speak lol also I will do a proper SCROG next run.

Anyway that is where we are at as of today! She could be looking  better but IMO all things considered she could be looking a lot worse lol that does it for this week… thanks for popping by, I’ll be back next Sunday with week 5 flower updates!

-Ethno

• Hash_Man, wildedibles and Heirloom Spores like this

#83 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Cranky Old Weed Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,116 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:09 PM

Really nice Ethno, my writing is terrible sometimes so the color will come back on the ones displaying Mag deficiency just the yellow/brownish leaf edge from Cooper difiency will stay.

Edited by Hash_Man, 19 March 2017 - 10:19 PM.

• ethnobotanist420 and wildedibles like this

#84 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 6,938 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:48 PM

Magnesium comes from epsolm salts right? Usually I just start this at flower time should the plants have this earlier then flower time? mybe to prevent a deficiency?
and copper how do you treat for a def in that hashman?

I dont really understand lockout eithrer could you explain a bit?

Enthno looking good as we learn we can only do better next run :) buds are looing good tho :)
  • ethnobotanist420 likes this

#85 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Cranky Old Weed Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,116 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:55 AM

Lockout when you get a build-up of salts from nutrients, you flush if that's the case

Cooper is in most all good soils and is in you nutes so it's ussally always pH

Yes, Epsom salts is Magnesium sulphate so it lowers pH a little bit

#86 mate0x

mate0x

st0ned

• OG VIP
  • 4,576 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:39 AM

The soil pH might just be too low. That would cause exchangeable magnesium to become less available via passive uptake through the water cycle. This is where CEC comes into play in a big way. This is generally referred to nutrient lockout. When salts build up, the pH of the soil changes, the soil doesn't release (or make available) the proper nutrients.

Also, if the plant canopy is too hot - that taco effect is the plant trying to stall it's transpiration rate - which would also impact what I mentioned above. And one more thing is 35% rH. That is passible under normal circumstances, but is on the low end - so it's likely adding some stress when coupled to the larger picture.

It's very hard to diagnose multiple symptoms as Hash mentioned. I think he is spot on with the low pH issue. I would run 5.9-6.1 in hydro, and soil at around 6.5

pH and temp are the first things I would check and address.  75 Degrees over in the corner might mean the plant canopy is way higher than that.

The-Effect-of-Soil-pH-on-Nutrient-Availa

Edited by mate0x, 20 March 2017 - 07:49 AM.

#87 mate0x

mate0x

st0ned

• OG VIP
  • 4,576 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:54 AM

Also. A good starting point for a super soil is subcool from TGA. Cut the ratios way down for a smaller batch size. 

8 - 1.5 cubic ft bags of high quality base soil

1 33lb. bag of Worm Castings
2.5 lbs. Fish Bone Meal
5 lbs. High Phosphorus Bat Guano
5 lbs. Blood Meal
2.5 lbs. Bone Meal
3 cups. Oyster Shell
3 cups. Kelp Meal
3 cups Alfalfa Meal
3/4 cup Epsom Salt
1 cup Dolomite Lime
2 cups Azomite
2 TBS powdered Humic Acid

Needs to sit for 6-8 weeks before use.

You can find many recipes - but that one you can take to the bank as a starter.

Edited by mate0x, 20 March 2017 - 07:56 AM.

#88 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,452 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:07 PM

Thanks for the kind words and advice guys!! I've been out all morning looking for some nice organic soil amendments from local stores to cook up some "super soil"... I think I got some nice stuff!

I'll start a thread either this afternoon or tomorrow about it and maybe you guys can help me mix up what I've got :)

I want to make it pretty soon so it can "cook" while this plant finishes flowering and be ready for a clone right after.
  • Hash_Man and wildedibles like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!