• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 emptybrightness

emptybrightness

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 97 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 08:17 PM

Just wondering if anyone has experience with Sublingual Absorption? We have certainlly become dedicated 'Swishers' around the farm. Using Solivers Extraction Tek mixed with a little citrus juice ... instead of chugging down we Swish around and savor before swallowing. Onset is quick and sweet and fun and seems pleasantly potent. :)

We did some experiments with spraying straight extraction under the tongue. Absorption is quick but prob is, even with roughly 1gr dried = 5ml Everclear it takes quite a lot of pumping to get enough Elixir. ( 5gr dried = roughly 1/2 shoot glass). Until we can try another misting experiment with Pan Cyan extraction we will stick with the Swishin'.

Here's some resource material:

Sublingual, meaning literally 'under the tongue', refers to a method of administering substances via the mouth in such a way that the substances are rapidly absorbed via the blood vessels under the tongue rather than via the digestive tract. The principle behind sublingual administration is fairly simple. When a chemical comes in contact with the mucous membrane, it diffuses into the epithelium beneath the tongue. This region contains a high density of blood vessels, and as a result, via osmosis, the substance quickly enters the blood stream at the sublingual artery. Quickly thereafter, the substance is carried by blood flow to the connected lingual artery, which takes up the chemical and translates it to its source: the carotid artery. This artery is connected directly to the brain. This route of absorption allows the substances a more direct access to the blood circulation, thus providing direct systemic administration.
It has been a developing field in the administration of many vitamins and minerals which are found to be readily and thoroughly absorbed by this method. Sublingually absorbed nutrition, which avoids exposure to the gastric system and liver, means direct benefits independent of gastro-intestinal influences.<O:p

For example: One of the best known drugs used regularly with great success is a potent coronary vasodilator which is used for the rapid symptomatic relief of angina. It has been found impressively effective when administered sublingually and becomes pharmacologically active after only 1 – 2 minutes. The administration via an aerosol spray was found to provide rapid relief of symptoms, with first-class metabolism. The extent of first-class metabolism when compared to the sublingual spray decreased to 48% with sublingual tablets and 28% with the oral dose. Following sublingual administration, nitrate rapidly appears in the plasma. <O:p
Impressive absorption has been attained with sublingual administration of morphine and 17-B Oestradiol – interestingly, it has also been shown that the sublingual administration of 17-B Oestradiol requires only 1/4 of the oral dose. The advantages of sublingually administering nutrients seem to be manifold, offering improved bioavailability and more rapid metabolisation of the nutrients which are absorbed more fully.
In theory, sublingual routes of administration have certain advantages over simple oral administration. This route is often faster, and entering a drug into one's body sublingually ensures that the substance will only come in contact with the enzymes in saliva prior to entry into the bloodstream. Drugs otherwise orally administered must instead survive the incredibly hostile environment of the gastrointestinal tract. This may mean a much greater percentage of the original substance is degraded either by the myriad of enzymes in the GI tract, such as monoamine oxidase, or the strong acids it contains. Additionally, after GI absorption, the drug is sent to the liver where the drug may be extensively metabolized; this is known as the first pass effect of drug metabolism. Due to the degradative qualities of the stomach and intestine, or the solubility of the GI tract, certain substances, such as salvinorin A may only be administered orally via the sublingual route.<O:p></O:p>
Almost any form of substance is appropriate for sublingual administration, so long as in that form the substance can readily enter into solution with the saliva in the mouth. Chemicals prepared as powders, solutions, or even aerosol sprays may all make use of this method. <O:p></O:p>
Psychoactives, too, may be applied sublingually. LSD, MDMA, morphine, and many other drugs including the psychedelic tryptamines and phenethylamines are all viable candidates for administration via this route. Most often, the drug in question is powdered and placed in the mouth (often directly under the tongue). If held there long enough, the drug will diffuse into the blood stream, bypassing the GI tract. This is definitely a preferred method to simple oral administration, because MAO is known to oxidize many drugs (especially the tryptamines such as DMT) and because this route translates the chemical directly to the brain, where most psychoactives act. However, this method is severely limited because only a small amount of the substance can be entered in this way, and often a large amount remains to be swallowed.
<O:p</O:p
MODIFIERS :

Ascorbic acid is the major antioxident in the aqueous phase of the body. It is readily dissolved in water and its naturally acidic nature in aqueous solution provides a naturally low pH for rapid and efficient sublingual absorption of both itself as Vitamin C and the other solutes carried with it. Ascorbic acid ( vitamin c ) doesn't change the intensity of the Psilocybin experience, but it alters it's quality. One can concentrate better, develops less paranoia and is also less tired at the end of the experience.

Thanks for lending an ear.

Peace

+empty

#2 suckerfree

suckerfree

GATE KEEPER

• OG VIP
  • 3,035 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 August 2006 - 08:29 PM

I've been thinkin of grapefruit juice... I know it increases some medications, next time we trip, we are gonna drink a little fresh squeeze grapefruit... then swish. ;)

#3 golly

golly

modapotato

• Expired Member
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 09:25 PM

Interesting stuff ..Maybe if u evapourate the extract down to a single CC before ingesting then you may be able to hold it long enough to absorb...
The addition of pure ascorbic acid to the potion could have several benefits.
Increasing extraction effeciency ,absorbtion of h2o in everclear and preservation enhancement...I'm experimenting with this now and think i will try the sublingual absorbtion Tek...Thanx for posting that Empty B....

#4 Soliver1

Soliver1

Deranged

• Expired Member
  • 631 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 10:26 PM

Hmmm...

I never really thought to try that, but the idea of holding straight everclear under my tongue doesn't sound great either. Sounds like you mix it with juice, then swish? I've found that extract comes on a LOT faster than plain shrooms, usually within 15-20 minutes for me, just enough time to get into the shower and soap up / rinse before the walls start shimmering, then I duck out asap (funny story about a time I waited too long once... ever trip naked and wet on the bathroom floor looking for your glasses? Lol..)

Curious to hear what others say.

:)

soliver

#5 mycobri

mycobri

Stained Blue

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 11:43 PM

i have purposefully held the "juice" in my mouth (1oo proof /2 oz./ 3o g fresh) and swished hoping for the old mucus membrane to absorb it faster... i think it does.
The only thing i dont understand is: the first extraction (chopped freshies) turned navy blue, http://mycotopia.net...78&d=1149830262 and had a physical body load.
the second was completely clear and much more visual. i still don't understand.....
both were made in the same manner and soaked in the freezer for about two weeks. :eusa_thin

:bow:

#6 emptybrightness

emptybrightness

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 97 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 07:20 AM

Holding straight extract under the tongue ... :eek: ... Ouch. Put out the fire! Or holding the juicey extract for 15 minutes under the tongue is a struggle. For now the Swish seems a good balance. A good relaxed mind set and at least some sublingual absorption advantage. I'll be interested where further study of this gets us.

I like the ascorbic acid idea ... would that be to the main batch of completed magic extract or would there be an advantage to add it with the dried mushies when the extraction began?

The real problem is getting the picture of Soliver flopping around naked on the bathroom floor out of my mind. UUGGHHHH! :lol:

Peace

+empty

#7 Soliver1

Soliver1

Deranged

• Expired Member
  • 631 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 10:05 AM

The real problem is getting the picture of Soliver flopping around naked on the bathroom floor out of my mind. UUGGHHHH! :lol:

+empty

Tee hee hee ... don't knock it 'till you try it :)

#8 beardedlady

beardedlady

Documented Deemster

• Expired Member
  • 704 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 10:21 AM

I've been thinkin of grapefruit juice... I know it increases some medications, next time we trip, we are gonna drink a little fresh squeeze grapefruit... then swish. ;)

I dunno about grapefruit juice, but I know black currant juice is a mild MAOI...

#9 SharkieJones

SharkieJones

• OG VIP
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 10:49 AM

I've been on the floor of my bathroom naked and freaking out. I waited a little to long and the steam made me almost panic. Extreme heat and shrooms a no no.

#10 golly

golly

modapotato

• Expired Member
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 04:25 PM

I'm adding the ascorbic acid at the beginning of the extraction proccess..
Tmrw i will avap a dose down to 1ml and soak it into a paper ball , then suck on that for a while ...It should make for a slower contact with that high octane everclear [hopefully]...we'll see....

#11 spyker

spyker

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 300 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 06:40 PM

My freind told me that he always makes tea and throws a vitamin C tablet in to help absorbtion. It comes on like a rocketride then..haha The vitamin C makes a difference he reckons to the sheer ooomph, but come on quicker = come down quicker, which is sometimes nice too.

#12 golly

golly

modapotato

• Expired Member
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 04:27 PM

OK...Sublingual absortion test underway...2.5 dry gram equivelent extract reduced to about 2cc everclear/psilly by fan evapouration ..
Soaked onto a piece of paper towel then held under me tounge and occasionally chewed a bit to expose more extract...
It only burned slightly at first but just tastes kinda hot n' shroomy after 5 mins -no real challenge..I'm at 18 miniutes now and just beginning to feel something...stay tuned....

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0624.jpg
  • IMG_0622.jpg

#13 boots420

boots420

We Get Lifted

• Expired Member
  • 579 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 04:38 PM

nice experiment you have going there.

#14 golly

golly

modapotato

• Expired Member
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 08:48 AM

Well that was f*#k'n interesting...At 45 mins i barely felt anything, in fact i was preparing a backup dose just in case...At 50mins a rapid but very smooth climb was underway....Quickly reaching peak at 75mins...Everything was going smooth till about 2hours in when i began having an allergic reaction to the shrooms...
FYI.. about a year after eating tons of mush - i developed an allergy to them ,,Pans and Cubs both....
So that has been the main reason for the everclear extraction ,as i have never reacted till now..
I use Orange peel and garlic to counteract the effect but it still fucks up a good trip..
So i am theorizing that the long contact time from chewing the dose rather than using digestive juices to brake it down in the stomach was the reason i reacted..
So thats some real insight for me..less oral contact = better trip..
Am also surprised at the length of time it takes to metabolize thru sublingual absorbtion - its twice as fast thru the stomach....

So thats me little report...crazy.. huh...

#15 Soliver1

Soliver1

Deranged

• Expired Member
  • 631 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 10:17 AM

Interesting! Thanks for the experiment and followup :)

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!