• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 ockham

ockham

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 04:34 PM

Hi everyone ! just came across this board while researching for a small problem I have with my drying mushrooms. It seems to be a pretty nice place full of ressources :-)

But, as I said, I have a little problem with my drying golden teachers. Here is a pictures below.

Don't know whats happening, the mushrooms were fine when I ripe them, is it spores... or mold ? Do you guys have any idea ?

Thanks

15152508_10209056224495588_784801863_o.jpg

• MLBjammer likes this

#2 Furthur1

Furthur1

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 69 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 06:37 PM

Those are spore deposits. Its perfectly normal. Its basically microscopic seeds.
  • MLBjammer and catattack like this

#3 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 4,604 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 November 2016 - 07:31 PM

Hi everyone ! just came across this board while researching for a small problem I have with my drying mushrooms. It seems to be a pretty nice place full of ressources :-)

But, as I said, I have a little problem with my drying golden teachers. Here is a pictures below.

Don't know whats happening, the mushrooms were fine when I ripe them, is it spores... or mold ? Do you guys have any idea ?

Thanks

attachicon.gif15152508_10209056224495588_784801863_o.jpg

welcome to topia  :biggrin: .. as further stated those are just spores.. but you need to get them to dry quicker, the easiest is on a screen over a fan, or in a with a desicant in the box with them.. the best way is a food dehydrator.. you want to get them cracker crisp within a short amount of time.. anything over a few days of drying you stand the chance of mycelium, bacterial or mold growth.. in a pinch you can use the oven on it's lowest setting. Cracker crisp meaning when you bend the stem it breaks.

• MLBjammer, catattack, Pan1 and 1 other like this

#4 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Invitro Freak

• 8,810 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 November 2016 - 07:38 PM

Welcome to the site.  Good advice^^

#5 catattack

catattack

The Jason Bourne of the mundane.

• OG VIP
  • 5,941 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 November 2016 - 09:34 PM

post-147940-0-98970200-1479954788.jpg 

Passez-vous la crème?

Attached Thumbnails

• bonjour cat.jpg

Edited by catattack, 23 November 2016 - 09:35 PM.

• sillyrabbitcubiesR4us and mjroom like this

#6 ockham

ockham

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 02:19 AM

Thank you all for your responses  :biggrin: , and thanks for the advices wharfrat, I'll try to make the next batch dry quicker !

• catattack likes this

#7 sillyrabbitcubiesR4us

sillyrabbitcubiesR4us

wanderess

• 518 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 November 2016 - 11:32 AM

Welcome to topia! Glad your issue was quickly resolved. Those are some really heavy spore deposits.

What strain are those?

VIeruSC.png

#8 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 3,651 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 November 2016 - 04:48 PM

HOW-d! Thanks for joining!

#9 wewe

wewe

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 02:13 PM

Can I correct your French ?
Passez-moi la creme ? ou Pouvez-vous me passer la creme ?

Like other people have said, it's spore deposit, very common. 

#10 catattack

catattack

The Jason Bourne of the mundane.

• OG VIP
  • 5,941 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 January 2017 - 05:49 PM

Can I correct your French ?
Passez-moi la creme ? ou Pouvez-vous me passer la creme ?

Like other people have said, it's spore deposit, very common.

I did fail French in high school. Thank you.

#11 mjroom

mjroom

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 516 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 January 2017 - 06:30 PM

Thank you all for your responses  :biggrin: , and thanks for the advices wharfrat, I'll try to make the next batch dry quicker !

Welcome to Mycotopia. As mentioned you are simply making spore prints there. Spores are known to contribute to body load. So picking before your caps open is worth while before the mushroom dedicates it energy and resources to making spores. Spores can also impede the growth of pin development on subsequent flushes so another good reason not to let your mushrooms go to spore. Don't worry about growing more psilocybin and psilocin either as the mushroom has manufactured all the active components it will before the time that the cap begins to open. Eating more mushroom flesh than necessary is just another contributor to body load. So unless you want to make spore prints (which is a good idea to save share and trade) just harvest around the time the caps look about ready to open or sooner and do not worry about potency. Small pins have the potency of a large full grown mushroom.

For spore collect watch the pins as they grow and identify and note the fastest and most vigorous and leave those to grow out  so you can collect spores from them. Hope this helps. mjroom.

#12 skywalker90

skywalker90

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 05:35 PM

i have read a few threads on the internet about not handing your fruits too much before drying, does handling them have any effect on them?

#13 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,258 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 January 2017 - 07:56 PM

You can also dry them on a cookie rack set on the floor in front of your refrigerator. It blows warm air many times every day. Very gentle and surprisingly effective.

If you don't need to keep these out of sight or out of reach of kids or something this way works like a charm and you don't have to invest a dime.

#14 cflashor

cflashor

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 3 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:17 PM

I use a 2 tupperware containers siliconed together on top of each other. Bottom container has dry rite, the "floor/roof" between the two of them was cut out and screen glued in place. Cracker dry in a day or two.

I usually fan dry first though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!