Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Wife missing, LEO's oppressive misconduct ongoing.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

#1 Dave_the_stoner

Dave_the_stoner

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 436 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 11:40 AM

More than a year ago I called 911 on my violent roommates threats. The Kitsap county sheriff's department in Washington state were supposed to respond, they never did.
At about the same time, my wife whom I was separated from, yet on good terms with abruptly disappeared from anywhere I or any mutual friends could make any contact with her. Her Name is Laurie ************, mine David *********** (I'm done with illegal mycology, so my name isn't worth hiding when my wifes been abducted).
I have tried painfully for more than a year to find any clues as to her whereabouts. The Kitsap county sheriff's in Washington state completely, utterly, unreasonably, immorally, unethically refuse to allow a missing persons report to be filed. No law enforcement entity will even begin looking for a person vanished more than a year ago until there is a missing persons report filed by the law enforcement department who's jurisdiction is dictated to require being filed by.
They see me struggling to live my day to day life in agony over every attempt to do the moral, responsible, and legal thing by the woman I love. As heartless as I've seen people be to one another over the years this is nothing shy of terrorism.
She isn't trying to not be found. I am not describing anything fabricated by psychosis. This is a real situation I am in desperate need of help with. They disappeared records of my marriage to her from the system on the county website, had her listed as married to someone else much earlier, but corrected the "error" when I brought attention to it.
Relentless as I am, I imagine they're trying to somehow collect insurance money for destroying my family and life.

Edited by coorsmikey, 26 November 2016 - 01:38 AM.
Removing personal info

#2 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,124 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 November 2016 - 02:53 PM

Good luck with your search. I find it very odd that they will not allow you to file a missing person's report. Maybe she has been in contact with someone and is possibly hiding from you. Not trying to be inflammatory, but them refusing to file a missing persons report is very strange unless there is much more to this than meets the eye. Possible that they know a little more than you do? Like I said not trying to be inflammatory here. Just throwing that out there.

• AGAMA, Saphroziac, Juthro and 3 others like this

#3 Saphroziac

Saphroziac

Hotbrained Dyanamitard

• OG VIP
  • 597 posts

Donator

Posted 24 November 2016 - 11:54 PM

She's probably hiding from you. Best to relinquish control and watch to the stars.  :cool:

• AGAMA and wharfrat like this

#4 dead_diver

dead_diver

Stoned Since '76

• OG VIP
  • 3,496 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 November 2016 - 05:56 AM

I would have a lawyer file the missing persons report. The cops can't ignore them. Then hire a PI to find your wife. They have access to and know how to use resources not everyone else has.
  • MLBjammer, riseabovethought, Juthro and 4 others like this

#5 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,419 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 November 2016 - 06:41 AM

^^Good advice.

Dave, I wish you luck in finding some closure.

• Heirloom , wharfrat and mjroom like this

#6 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 5,524 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 November 2016 - 10:13 AM

Ditto on the Private Investigator. 

Communications and banking records. We can't seem to exist without either yapping or buying stuff. It's how LEO finds anyone who is trying to "hide". 

The police refusing to file a missing persons report sounds especially odd. 

Go to your state's Attorney General's office and lay out your story. 

• Juthro, Heirloom and wharfrat like this

#7 Dave_the_stoner

Dave_the_stoner

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 436 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 11:51 AM

She has zero reason to hide from me, seriously. This is the least logical, ethical, and legal situation I can't find a lawyer willing to help with without money I don't have up front.

#8 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 5,192 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 November 2016 - 12:49 PM

If you've got a legitimate request for filing a missing person report, and they (the PoPo) refuse to do so, ask to speak to a supervisor for clarification, and continue up that chain until you get the report filed, or the reason why they wont file it. You can also try and talk to a different agency, like the state troopers.

If they still refuse at his point, and are stone walling you with out any answers. Then I would contact local your political representatives, and the local media.

When your talking to the cops, take names and numbers. It makes it easier to justify your position when saying "officer Joseph, refused to issue the report or tell me why he would not do so", then saying general statements like "they refused to help". Generaly LEO tends to be more careful of their actions when they know your going to make a stink, and you have their name written down correctly.

I wish you luck in your quest for knowledge.
  • Myc, Heirloom , wharfrat and 1 other like this

#9 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,489 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 November 2016 - 01:39 PM

Dave could they not want to help you because you are separated?
Waited so long to file a report that they find that suspicious, a report file in 3 days is different than a report filed a year later.

Your last sentence concerns me , "imagining that somehow they might collect  insurance money for destroying your family and life".

Who would benefit from that?

Dave I send good vibes to you and your family. I hope this gets resolved in a peaceful manner that helps you and your family.

• Juthro and wharfrat like this

#10 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 5,367 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 November 2016 - 03:44 PM

well, some good advice above.. i wish you the best and sending good vibes.. I know kitsap county well.. with the amount of information online, you can do a lil sleuthing yourself.. is [name] her birth name or a married name?, where was she born? whats her parents names? you were married so assume you know the answers to the questions.. SS# is probably the best way to find her, dig up an old IRS tax return..  unless the unthinkable has happened, then i'm sure she can be found. 

Edited by Sidestreet, 05 January 2017 - 04:59 PM.
removed name :)

• Juthro likes this

#11 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 7,610 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 November 2016 - 04:08 PM

Dave,

Have you tried local legal services organizations?  Most areas have them, and that area should have quite a few.  They will be very busy, but those people live for this kind of thing.  Persistence is key.

Best of luck

• wharfrat likes this

#12 Dave_the_stoner

Dave_the_stoner

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 436 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 07:52 PM

I've tried everything, every angle, every law enforcement agency, the media, etc. And it all stalls out at the missing persons report that the sheriff's department refuses to allow to be filed, while completely refusing to allow anyone that knows her verify if she's alive as they insist.

#13 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 5,367 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 November 2016 - 09:26 PM

so no one but you have filed a missing report? I'm kinda leaning towards everyone else opinion and say, there is much more to this story the you give.. and i dont understand why you come to topia and the first post since 2008 you give us some story like you need our opinion? It don' make sense to me.. sounds like you are building a case for yourself, if that's what it is we can lock this post right now.. Come out, come clean or i will do just that

• coorsmikey and Pan1 like this

#14 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 5,192 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 November 2016 - 10:31 PM

I too get the impression that we are only seeing part of the story. There are several things about your story that trigger red flags for me. None alone are enough to make me call anyone out, but together they make me too hesitant to offer any more aid.

I have no dog in the race, and I wish no one any ill. But I strongly support someone's right not be found by people of their choice.

Brother, I wish you peace. But let her go.
  • coorsmikey and wharfrat like this

#15 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Just Another Member

• App Administrator
  • 3,612 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 November 2016 - 01:36 AM

I suppose there can be some truth to this thread and I really don't want to to pick sides! We are a community here to help others in many ways. Without making any judgement, I want to say that I don't feel this is the right place to ask for this kind of help. At least not the way it is presented and worded. We are a community that thrives on anonymity and are spread across the world. With that anonymity I don't see how we can help as much as most of us would like to. Please feel my empathy as well and understand what I also must protect here? I have a duty to maintain the vibe we represent and with the information provided will only lead to mixed opinions and conflict. I am locking this thread and it will soon be removed. Please feel free to comment on another topic with your opinions of LEO and other authority, but please don't not mention names. It's one thing if you want to have your name searchable on the internet, but the other party mentioned may not want to have their name tied to this site via search engines. It is clearly stated in our policies that person information is not permitted https://mycotopia.ne...tion=boardrules
https://mycotopia.ne...nfractions.htmlAlso I am omitting the names from the OP to prevent any potential unwanted attention to this site or any parties mentioned.

Edited by coorsmikey, 26 November 2016 - 02:13 AM.

• Zen_, Sidestreet, Myc and 4 others like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!