gallery_121976_1582_42469.jpg

gallery_121976_1582_54718.jpg

gallery_121976_1582_100673.jpg

gallery_121976_1582_119098.jpg

gallery_121976_1582_1086.jpg

gallery_121976_1582_53558.jpg

gallery_121976_1582_21305.jpg

gallery_121976_1582_90720.jpg

7 weeks old Bull Mastiff puppys :) too cute :)

• Skywatcher and Juthro like this

#62 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,510 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:04 PM

Po Popcicle's ...great idea to cool your pooch down :)
We have been giving him fozed soup bones ...but when the store runs out?? Po is upset he dnt get his treat ;) they have been great to help his nervous itching keep his mind off the hot weather for a little while :)
well tonight making chicken I made sure there was extra watery gravey and i placed a bone in a little plastic container and filled the hollow with the gravey froze these they were only half filled but I made 5 :) Po has no use for the marrow bone without the marrow so filling them up works for me ....and he likes them .....it was really cute licking it on the floor then he got his teenage helper to hold it for him hahaha reminded me of that teenager at two when I held his popcicle so his hands didnt get sticky hahaha now hes got a big drooly doggy to slime on him :) evens it out a bit lol

#63 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 2,273 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:17 PM

Pups also like Ice Cream

• wildedibles likes this

#64 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,510 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 August 2017 - 03:14 AM

:) It have to be that sherbert stuff milk is having a bad reaction with us all.....Po is like us having allergies abd lol one cat too ....im thinking its milk the vets thinking its meat?? well if its meat Po would starve thats the only thing he wants e manage to sneak kibble in with his meat ...he looks at us funny but will eat the kibble if we call it cat kibble lol (I think he is spoilt ;))

I have looked up and read everything on dog itching and why they will itch ....well something that keeps coming up is dogs need yogurt like us if the "bad" bacteria builds up too much you can become itchy so its worth a try ....I got a milk free like yogurt bacteria to try incase its a milk allergie I wont make it worse got milk free one :) Hes has had it for like 3 days now we will try it for a week or two it wont hurt anything anyway makng his health better anyway I like these type of remideies first :)

#65 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,510 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 August 2017 - 07:59 PM

Well Po has been kicking over the odd Yellow Amanita mushroom over :) Tiny did this too and my Neighbours dog Wolfie did the same I think the smell the chemicals in them that will make you sick if eaten fresh and kick it over so no one will pick and eat it ...... this is my guess really who knows why they sniff then kick these mushrooms over but my guess is a good one ;)

The other day I brought back some Chanterells and let Po smell them and said yum yum :) He has had little peices with his meat before but not sure if he knows hes eaten them??
...anyway today we seen a couple of them around and I picked one that wasnt too bug eaten and Po smelled it ...knew what I was lookin at
....we were on our way home and I just seen some yellow in the woods a bit away and Po went right in there and POINTED :) at the Chants :) good boy Po you found some yummy ones I picked a few that were nice and I let Po smell the biggest one to get some really good smells :) Hes showing some really nice nose skills good hunter buddy :)
My girl Tiny she would Point and bark at the Beolte mushrooms and kick the yellow amanitas
I love mushroom hunting with dogs we met up with 3 huskys and a young lady ...its always a shock seeing someone on the trail people use it but we r not that populated :) dog walkers love these trails and the huskys were off leash but stayed near mom..... she was startled and Hubby grabed Po's collar to make him stay right with us....this made her more nervous hes a big boy making the huskys look like tooth picks lol
I said hes friendly and she relaxed :) I told her hes just shy of 2 and hers are much older the girl dogs smelled him and kept going a bit and the male stopped and stared and smelled Po's face Po doing the same with him .....Po's not agressive but if another dog barks and grawls at this point well hubby still has his collar too ;)....but they were really good with each other I pet Po and then pet the other dogs and she pet Po and Pos sooo happy meeting new friends these new friends knows one of Po's friend in town another Husky ;) All sled dogs from the same place very friendly dogs that can teach good meeting manners too it really helps to stay relaxed too if I get nervous Po will protect me so in times like this I need to stay relaxed making meeting fun :)
  • Spooner likes this

#66 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,510 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 November 2017 - 04:19 AM

Po has this itchy problemm with halloween just pssing we were calling him itchy and scratchy :) lol Poor Po he has been up to date on his flea and tick treatments so I know its not this...
...the vet did tell me that it could be due to allergies like dust etc....dogs do lay on the floor it could be food allergies too us being almost gluten free and milk free house hold I know how expensive it is but we did try to eliminate these from his diet ....the vet told me to not give him meat ....well po only eats meat we sneak kibble in there but half the time he just picks the meat out if we took away meat he would starve

I did find this homeopathic allergy itchy stuff for dogs a little bottle 20bucks but :) it works sweet ...its hard to sleep when a big dog like Po is scratching all night in your bed or even beside us on the floor
...the bottle recomends 3 times a day and like 10 drops for Po's weight but 5 drops when needed works better and I only have to give it to hime 2-3 times a day for him to get some relief

heomeopathic remidies say 3 times daily but with these medicines you only give it to them when they are showing the symptoms that the medicine is for it does not work preventivly just when the sympoms are happening

#67 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 5,328 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 November 2017 - 10:34 AM

I have had dogs with a dry skin condition. They itch and scratch and if you back comb fur with your hand, there is usually flaking.

I had very good results with tea tree oil and/ or oatmeal spray wash. Anything natural that moisturizes the skin including more omega oils in the diet.

The tea tree oil and oatmeal waterless shampoo spray are both available and not very expensive. If you have a moisturizing skin oil, you could make a dilute spray and then brush it in to get to the skin.

Dry skin is worsened in the winter or anytime there is dry air. It could be worth a try.

• wildedibles and Juthro like this

#68 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,510 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 November 2017 - 11:04 AM

:) Ive went threw the whole shelf at multiple stores for Tiny her skin was bad and she had allergies to dog flea soap ony the vet stuff worked for her....but thats what started her skin dry condition she would loose all her fur come summer

oatmeal stuff is good and omega oils ...oh ya Po gets waterless shampoo well a sponge bath surface fur with soap waterbucket it dont reach the scalp / skin ....he wont get in the tub and I cant pick him up lol

Tiny I had big problems Po isnt bad but her being an outside dog she didn keep us up all night .....I was trying Beolte mushrooms with her them the slipery ones nd the jelly mushrooms cuz they are edible and helped my dry skin ....they worked good on her as like a leaf of aloe vera rubed on skin they even helped her grow her furr back

I used Tea tree oil for people and pets for many conditions now my youngest kid is pulling info off the net saying its not safe for dogs?? .....another one is onion and garlic I never heaard that before now either I used garlic as a dewormer and flea and bug repelent for dogs and cats with no probems??? ....and one more peanut butter what?? Its the first food I feed my puppy when I bring it home?? ;) lmao I cant help it puppys and peanut butter are sooo cute lol

#69 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 5,328 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 November 2017 - 09:46 PM

I do have otc products from the pet store for dogs, that have tea tree oil. There is likely a dilution that makes the level safe for them. One is a coat spray that brings up shine and conditions, the other is an ear cleaner.

• wildedibles likes this

#70 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,510 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 November 2017 - 09:52 AM

I do have otc products from the pet store for dogs, that have tea tree oil. There is likely a dilution that makes the level safe for them. One is a coat spray that brings up shine and conditions, the other is an ear cleaner.

I agree just a note of warning for people who make thier own stuff like I do .....

I like these allergie meds for him tho they are working really well..... Po's skin isnt really dry but he has areas where he scratches like his one nipple some days it dont look very good ..... the ears are a diff mtter ...another itchy area is his tail ....I think he has a nervous scratchy problem cuz he will also lick the same area all day while awake and bored get his mind off it and hes good but this trick is hard at 4 am :)
  • Skywatcher likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!