• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Furthur1

Furthur1

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 72 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 04:30 PM

I have one. Its so lenghty that i cant honestly fill out an aplication and be accurate about all the charges on my record. I dont know what all is on my record.

Im not a felon, i can vote and purchase firearms but cant get a shit job in a pizza shop. I find that disturbing, anyone else?
  • wildedibles, sillyrabbitcubiesR4us and pastyoureyes like this

#2 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,471 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 November 2016 - 04:43 PM

I was blessed with a sixth sense that told me about certain people, that if I was to hang out with them, I might soon be seeing the inside of a jail.   I am way big on guardian angels.   For a hyper flunky with no capitalist chops and little monetary motivation, I did pretty well at just getting by.   I hope my path stays as smooth and peaceful, but there are no guarantees in this world, especially this world.   Enjoy every minute.   I am sure I have a record anyway, as I have been photographed by the suits too many times, and published stuff that would not be appreciated, but I have never filed to see what they have on me.

• Coopdog, ChimX, wildedibles and 2 others like this

#3 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 7,292 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 November 2016 - 05:29 PM

You might be able to get one or more convictions expunged (aka expuncted) from your record. Expungement usually takes them off of your record for everyone except for the courts and law enforcement. States' expungement laws vary, so you should try to find more info on your state. The county clerk's office might be a good place to ask. Of course, an attorney would be better. A legal services organization might be willing to help you out. If you're comfortable PMing me with your state, I can look it up too.

With expungement, you can usually only get one or a couple of convictions removed. It might help though.
  • wildedibles, catattack, sillyrabbitcubiesR4us and 1 other like this

#4 Furthur1

Furthur1

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 72 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 06:50 PM

My state just passed a new bill recently. No convictions for 10 years and the slate can be wiped clean of misdemeanors. I just got nabbed with some weeds so im not back in the running untill 2026, haha, wow...

#5 fungi2bwith

fungi2bwith

cat-monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,321 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 November 2016 - 08:18 PM

I'm a felon, I can vote and get a passport, but can't buy firearms(lol, as if that stops anyone).....Possession of stolen property, and possession of a firearm with altered numbers.....It sux, but I could have it all wiped clean now that its been 7 years since I was convicted...I can get good jobs, as a cook at least. I have kush job at a high end resort....But keeps me from getting into the MJ industry, which is my true passion....

I have a shit ton of misdemeanors and they have never followed me.....just my felonies....

• wildedibles and Juthro like this

#6 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

(~);}

• App Administrator
  • 2,789 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 November 2016 - 09:07 PM

Most employers have a third party do their background checks, they come back as green or red and the employers usually cannot see what the the record is. Only certain recent charges will flag as a red and most non violent felonies older that seven years will not flag. Now as a person that does much of my hiring, a disclosure on the application automatically get put in the discard pile. Depending on the convictions you might be better of not putting your history on the application and take your chances failing a background check. Either way you may not get the job, but depending on the third party background check company you may pass and get the job. For the company I work for recent misdemeanor drug charges will not flag a red. Mostly embezzlement, violent crimes are the triggers. If I remember tomorrow I will screen shot what will disqualify you from employment from a company that uses a common background check as many other companies.

Edited by coorsmikey, 26 November 2016 - 09:27 PM.

• Sidestreet, wildedibles, catattack and 1 other like this

#7 Cue

Cue

Chat Head

• OG VIP
  • 7,919 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 November 2016 - 05:19 AM

Im not a felon, i can vote and purchase firearms

Then your record isn't very extensive if you ask me.

True story: Years ago my Ex had to go the court house to pull my criminal record and the clerk had to make two trips.

My record is even longer now.

Just please don't tell us that you can't go within 250 yards of where children congregate!

Edited by Cue, 27 November 2016 - 05:19 AM.

• Sidestreet, wildedibles, Alder Logs and 1 other like this

#8 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 7,292 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 November 2016 - 06:16 AM

"You're not a felon, you're a drug war veteran!"

• Myc, wildedibles, Cue and 7 others like this

#9 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 6,868 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 November 2016 - 06:57 AM

I was blessed with a sixth sense that told me about certain people, that if I was to hang out with them, I might soon be seeing the inside of a jail.   I am way big on guardian angels.   For a hyper flunky with no capitalist chops and little monetary motivation, I did pretty well at just getting by.   I hope my path stays as smooth and peaceful, but there are no guarantees in this world, especially this world.   Enjoy every minute.   I am sure I have a record anyway, as I have been photographed by the suits too many times, and published stuff that would not be appreciated, but I have never filed to see what they have on me.

I get that too some people my friends even vouched for them and no way would I let some people into my circle.......and everyone new that moved into town that I didnt trust and friends have they ended up in trouble not listing to me ........My hubby has a mention on his record for weed and booze (drunk tank for being a drunk ass) he has no issues being around kids but still with the weed on his record he couldt volunteer at the school .......

#10 Furthur1

Furthur1

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 72 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 08:39 AM

Maybe i just need to try harder. The job hunt gets discouraging and i guess i was venting by posting this thread.

@ Cue, im a mycophile, not a pedophile.
  • Sidestreet, wildedibles, Cue and 1 other like this

#11 catattack

catattack

Mycotopia's beast coast day shift helper. [^._.^]ノ彡

• OG VIP
  • 6,634 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 November 2016 - 08:54 AM

Maybe i just need to try harder. The job hunt gets discouraging and i guess i was venting by posting this thread.

Good luck friend, a job hunt can be daunting no matter what the circumstance. Maybe try indeed com and/or craigslist and just play the numbers game. I have a message out to a friend of mine for a cool website that pairs individuals with situations that escapes me this moment. I'll edit this when I hear back!

The site is http://www.helpx.net/  It's basically a 'situations wanted' but for working on farms in exchange for food and lodging. I don't know what their policy is on cash/regular payment but I suspect it's up to the posters.

Another way to 'sneak into a job' is to volunteer for a non-profit and then seek employment from within. Most volunteering situations do not require a criminal record check unless it's working with children or other vulnerable members of the populace like the elderly.

Hope this helps.

Edited by catattack, 27 November 2016 - 12:08 PM.

• wildedibles, pastyoureyes and Furthur1 like this

#12 Cue

Cue

Chat Head

• OG VIP
  • 7,919 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 November 2016 - 09:12 PM

Don't worry, because President Donald Trump is going to make America great again.

• fungi2bwith, wildedibles, wharfrat and 1 other like this

#13 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 4,205 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 November 2016 - 10:05 PM

I somehow find this song rambling through my mind....

[Direct Link]

• wildedibles, Cue and Furthur1 like this

#14 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 4,700 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 November 2016 - 10:06 PM

sending you good job vibes  :meditate:

• wildedibles, Juthro and Furthur1 like this

#15 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 6,868 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 November 2016 - 04:42 AM

Nope my job is more like this song Alderlogs

[Direct Link]

:) I work with the children and elderly so its a good fit for the good girl in me .........the bad girl side well good thing the parrinoia kicks in and keeps me a good girl ;)

I wish you the best of luck in finding a good job keep venting its a great place here to do that :)

Edited by wildedibles, 28 November 2016 - 04:48 AM.

• Juthro and Furthur1 like this

#16 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 4,205 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 November 2016 - 02:28 PM

You can always become a commercial fisherman. When we do a background check on a new deckhand, if it comes back clean, we worry that its a fake ID, and that he is a fugitive from the law. (I'm only half kidding)

I've worked with plenty of guys over the years that have served their time. We all have, even if we don't know it. Our country incarcerates too many of its population for that not to be true. They (we) are everywhere.

And some advice from someone else who also does not have a 'clean' record. Don't try and seek employment from large corporations. (like Mikey was saying) They often have rules in place that automatically disqualify you before you even start the process. Try smaller, family run businesses and your likely to have better luck.
  • Sidestreet, ChimX, wildedibles and 2 others like this

#17 Furthur1

Furthur1

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 04:24 PM

I appreciate the positive encouragement from you all. Job hunting is terrible and hopefully i can land something soon, just gonna keep at it.

I have thought of becoming a comercial fisherman, i hear its good money. Is it a drifter friendly business? I can fail the backround check, no problem at all.
  • wildedibles and Juthro like this

#18 Furthur1

Furthur1

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 04:26 PM

Awesome link catattack, thank you.
  • wildedibles and catattack like this

#19 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 6,868 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 November 2016 - 04:49 PM

Ya smaller businesses ....I hire people from time to time and Ive hired people with a record no problem we all have had a problem from time to time ;)
:) LMAO some of the elderly I work for have a record
  • Juthro, catattack and Furthur1 like this

#20 Heirloom Spores

Heirloom Spores

I practice

• OG VIP
  • 3,052 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 November 2016 - 05:05 PM

I was busted for growing and I understand finding a job could be difficult. A guy could just do what come natural to him
like growing.  I am ok with my life now, I am not rich but I have enough.

Some have to sell their sperm to make a living, lol.

I wish you all the best and believe you will find something soon, I am willing the universe to make it happen for you.

Don't look for a job in a pizza shop get a job in a union like electrical worker union or another union like plumbers- they pay while you learn. Heating and air conditioning teks do ok . I was offered a chance to do H&C work starting @ $18 HR 15 years ago.

I know felons who make $70K or more a year on regular jobs.

Please let us know.

namaste

• Sidestreet, Myc, wildedibles and 2 others like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!