7 replies to this topic

#1 Baphom3t

Baphom3t

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 206 posts

Donator

Posted 27 November 2016 - 12:59 PM

Allow me to set the scenario............
Turkey night: Smoked a kick ass pork shoulder.......why? because fuck you.....that's why.
anyway.......
Jammed some tunes, nothing loud.......but obviously it was to the dickholes next door.
Nothing wrong with some ASG and various concoctions of filth........ Here is what took place.

Turkey night......so I'm jamming a few tunes celebrating the day the white man took my families land.(sarcasm).......out of the blue  people start banging on my door and running away. I almost call the cops.

Next day 10:30 am my time:
Some lady: I'm jessicas mom and would like to talk to you.
Me: Okay.....glad your Jessica's mom and why should I care....I don't know any jessica.
"jessicas mom" : We've talked to the landlord about your music..........(then it just becomes, blah,blah,blah,blah)
jessicas mom: when stuff is falling off the walls it's to loud.
Me: funny.......stuff wasn't falling off my walls and I heard ya'll beat the fuck out my door last night.
Me: Do you live there?
Jessicas mom: No.
Me: Okay bye bye
Next door: STOMP STOMP !!!!!!
Me: bang harder it may work after that.

What is fucking wrong with people.
I know I don't listen to music most people like but what the fucking fuck !!!!!!!!!
We all have a right to enjoy ourselves.
I live in a apartment complex and have to hear stomping and slamming of doors all the time so what's fucking wrong with some music?
I have respect for folks if they show it to me that's how it works. But it seems some younger folk don't feel that way.
~End Rant~

• wharfrat and SteampunkScientist like this

#2 Myc

Myc

Myc - o 'Topia

• App Administrator
  • 4,903 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 November 2016 - 02:30 PM

For the reasons listed above........

I live in a house. Due to similar encounters and similar complaints (having to tolerate neighbors and their inconsiderate behaviors), I scraped, starved, and scratched until I could afford some space between me and "them". 

It has been an island of serenity in an ocean of calamity ever since.

Nobody stomping up the stairs in the middle of the night, nobody's laundry (but mine) lying idle in the dryer, nobody (but me) parked in my space.

I had a lot this year for which to be thankful. 

Thank you for reminding me of some of the things which I've begun taking for granted. 

This topic may be better suited to Trash Talk. 

Don't be surprised if it gets moved. 

Edited by Myc, 27 November 2016 - 02:31 PM.

• ChimX, Juthro, Heirloom Spores and 1 other like this

#3 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,196 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 November 2016 - 06:03 PM

Looking downhill I have neighbors 600 and 800 feet away.  Going sidehill, there will be a family at about 500 feet soon.  Going up the hill and beyond, I am the last resident in many hundreds of square miles.    The one at 800 feet is a flaming psychopath of the histrionic personality disorder persuasion, so it's hard to get completely away.     So, it's a bit crowded here too.

Edited by Alder Logs, 27 November 2016 - 06:06 PM.

• wharfrat and SteampunkScientist like this

#4 Pan1

Pan1

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 354 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 11:40 PM

I feel you Baphom, I lived in an apartment complex, and the amount of noise i have to put up with when im trying to sleep during the day was insane, no one cares if they make noise while your sleeping, but complain the second you do. I had some peppers and tomatoes  on my balcony, went away for a few days, got back havent slept in a couple, all i wanted to do way have a beer and go to bed. My neighbor stops me in the hall, before i even get into my apartment bags and all still in hand, to tell me how i need to be picking those 2 ripe tomatoes that where green a few days earlier, so i left every tomato and pepper to rot out there until the next time she corned me in the hall coming back from a few day trip that i hadnt slept for a day or two. that was a couple of mouths latter. lol. Neighbors piss me off. Just dont answer your door anymore, solves alot of the problems lol

#5 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 7,202 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 November 2016 - 06:25 AM

Yechhh... good neighbors are worth their weight in nugs.

The last apartment we lived in, the walls were so thin we heard our neighbor humming.... which she did every other night until 4, 5, or 6 a.m.  She was some kind of gamer I think.  Yet she came down on us for making too much noise.  We were so quiet!  The floor just let the sound of every footstep and word go straight through.  It sucked, and relations became frosty until we left.  I was literally tiptoeing around my own place.  I hope an elephant moved in above her. 

Edited by Sidestreet, 28 November 2016 - 06:26 AM.

#6 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 1,976 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 November 2016 - 08:10 AM

I absolutely have to agree with Myc.

I have my own little castle that runs the way I want.  I practice my guitar through a Marshall amplifier and nobody's banging on my door... and if they do they may get to look down the business end of my second amendment rights for trespassing" :tongue:

So yeah, its expensive and a pain in the royal ass to get your own place, but oh so very worth it for so many reasons....

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 28 November 2016 - 08:10 AM.

#7 GORF

GORF

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 05:11 PM

I recall vaguely another story about sheep and magic mushrooms which involved them snarling traffic by standing in the road and staring down the cars. The story claimed the herd repeated its tripping stunt yearly.

#8 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,256 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 January 2017 - 05:50 PM

back in the day we called it Spring Break, yo

baaaaaaaaaahhhhhdddd to the bone until the cops came or the shit wore off  :)

sometimes a sheep, sometimes a jackrabbit

In college I lived next to an absolute lunatic who was at war wtih the kids in the room below him in the dorm. Abloon found a length of super size anchor chain, I shit you not the links were 4 inches long and at least 3/8" thick, which he would raise to the ceiling and let land on the tile-over-concrete floor one link at a time.

This went on for weeks while the kids downstairs made minor counterattacks.

It ended the day Abloon came home to find ten live chickens in his room. They'd been in there for hours.

You have no idea what a nasty ass stinkin filthy mess ten chickens can make in a dorm room in a few short hours.

Edited by pharmer, 05 January 2017 - 06:12 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!