Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,724 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 November 2016 - 06:06 PM

Something needs to be said here in R&R.  

[Direct Link]

Edited by Alder Logs, 28 November 2016 - 06:08 PM.

• Sidestreet, Skywatcher and wharfrat like this

#2 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,705 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 November 2016 - 07:15 PM

There is a lot of spin and BS being put out there on this topic. I was pretty passionate about it Until I did some digging and found out some alternate info. I still feel they are being abused but here are a few things I found out recently. One, There is already a pipeline laying in the path they want to use and it is 90 ft under the river. Two, The pipeline is actually 2 miles downstream of them so their water will not be effected even in worst case scenario. Three, This was negotiated and approved by the tribal council and they do not approve of these protestors, who are mostly from out of state and are only there to stir up trouble, undermining the peaceful protestors. Four, This pipeline is already complete except for this small section to the cost of 2+ BILLION dollars. Five, pipelines, although they have their issues are much safer than conventional transportation on rail cars or trucks. Six, there are no known burial grounds or sacred places in this proposed path despite the media insinuations to the opposite.

Sadly, we are very dependent on fossil fuels and that is not likely to change. The money spent will ensure that this pipeline will go through regardless of the media drama that it will, and has, stirred up. Many Sheriffs have decided NOT to send help to the local law enforcement, and the feds have turned a blind eye on the whole mess until the Army Corps of Engineers stepped in. I have seen where up to 2,000 veterans are en route to Standing Rock, and it that is truly the case, then it will definitely get pretty messy over there. I am interested to see how many of these celebrities are still there on the 5th when the Army is going to roll in there. My prayers are with the people, but I fear this battle is already won everywhere but in the social media world. Regardless of my own strong feelings backing these people, there is a lot of lying and manipulation going on. This will end badly I think and I keep them in my prayers and positive intent.

Peace...

Edited by Coopdog, 28 November 2016 - 07:17 PM.

• Sidestreet, Skywatcher, Discretion and 1 other like this

#3 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,724 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 November 2016 - 07:31 PM

Is the river not a lake at this point?  Then there is not any downstream when the water is backing up from the dam. 

#4 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,394 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 November 2016 - 08:49 PM

the standing rock reservation is downstream of the pipeline.. they are peaceful, unarmed water protectors.. i been watching live feeds for weeks now, especially on the night that got the medias attention. There is a lot of bullshit news out there saying the girl that was arrested for pointing a gun had in fact what they call a speaking stick. The oil company offered the tribal members millions of dollars to put the pipeline through the reservation and they refused it.. those are the facts.. #MniWiconi water is life #NoDAPL

tribal land.png

• Sidestreet, Coopdog and Skywatcher like this

#5 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,705 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 November 2016 - 09:08 PM

I am behind these people 100%. Just playing a little Devil's advocate and putting out the information I found that opposes the live feeds that I have also been following. Not trying to stir the pot any more than it already has been. God help them all when the Army rolls in.

• Sidestreet and wharfrat like this

#6 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,394 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 November 2016 - 09:16 PM

some explainations of whos land it is and burial sites.. and what the media wont tell ya

[Direct Link]

Edited by wharfrat, 28 November 2016 - 09:18 PM.

#7 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,724 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 November 2016 - 09:57 PM

Bernie Sanders Pleads With Obama On Dakota Access Pipeline

Published on Nov 3, 2016

[Direct Link]

• wharfrat likes this

#8 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,394 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 November 2016 - 12:18 AM

Pray for the water protectors, it's gonna get really fkn cold there.. they are prepared! Stay warm!

15181322_1132573170131709_2084562917650730062_n.jpg

#9 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,705 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 November 2016 - 03:58 AM

There is a guy who has taken 40+ canvas Tipi's over there with small wood stoves for most of them too. I have a feeling come Dec 5th there is going to be a LOT of damn people in that area. Wishing positive intent for all involved for sure.

#10 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,394 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 November 2016 - 06:22 PM

the ND Governor  is saying they are going to blockade all roads going in to stop any more supplies and the veterans from arriving.. they know the natives are not backing down.. I hope for the best but i see people dying and not because of the cold. There is a lot of bickering about who is right in this situation, i already had to delete some facebook friends because of their ignorance. I'm not sure if this will start an uprising nation wide that might just lead into a civil war 2, but i do know the world is changing at an alarming rate and something dramatic is going to happen..  I'm not armed, but i am sure as hell thinking of stockpiling survival gear and weapons/ammunition. 

#11 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,394 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 November 2016 - 07:27 PM

Not sure if any believe in this kind of stuff but it interests me

"The word bird in its numerical form creates the number 33, which is a master number. A lot of ancient Egyptian images combine the bird and human form.

The words human, woman, and man all equal 3 when using sutra digit maths. So to me, the number of man/woman/human and bird is 333, which is mind, body, and spirit unification. It also equals 9, and also 6 (33) and 3. The 9 represents the end of an era, as we are currently in 2016, which is 2+0+1+6=9. But don’t worry: We are not all going to turn into birds! This is simply a metaphor."

THE RAINBOW PROPHECY: WHY STANDING ROCK, FIDEL CASTRO, BLACK LIVES MATTER, & ANCIENT EGYPTIAN HYBRIDS MAY BE CONNECTED

http://www.collectiv...y-be-connected/

Edited by wharfrat, 29 November 2016 - 07:29 PM.

#12 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,724 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 November 2016 - 03:43 PM

Robert Kennedy Jr., Waterkeeper Alliance:

As protests continue over the Dakota Access Pipeline - the looming shadow of President-Elect Donald Trump threatens to inflame the entire movement. Are the next two months the last chance we have to stop a pipeline that threatens the drinking water of 18 million people? Robert Kennedy Jr. - just back from North Dakota - weighs in...

[Direct Link]

• wharfrat likes this

#13 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,724 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 December 2016 - 11:29 AM

[Direct Link]

[Direct Link]

Edited by Alder Logs, 03 December 2016 - 11:30 AM.

• Sidestreet and wharfrat like this

#14 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,964 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 December 2016 - 02:42 PM

ya know', the only and only constant in these environmental issues is that the air around surrounding most of the commentators, whether they know anything or not, is dark smelly brown. There's so much bullshit injected into these discussions (not here - out there) that you don't know what to believe and every time you take time to peel the onion a little bit somebody  lays ten more layers of probable bullshit onto the onion.

I"m not saying give up. I'm saying Blessed Be anyone who is willing to dig deep into finding the truth about these things because the Truth is even more rare and precious than the fossil fuel.

Edited by pharmer, 04 December 2016 - 02:43 PM.

• Myc and wharfrat like this

#15 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,394 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 December 2016 - 05:02 PM

ya know', the only and only constant in these environmental issues is that the air around surrounding most of the commentators, whether they know anything or not, is dark smelly brown. There's so much bullshit injected into these discussions (not here - out there) that you don't know what to believe and every time you take time to peel the onion a little bit somebody  lays ten more layers of probable bullshit onto the onion.

I"m not saying give up. I'm saying Blessed Be anyone who is willing to dig deep into finding the truth about these things because the Truth is even more rare and precious than the fossil fuel.

AMEN!!  aint that the fkn truth  :biggrin:

#16 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,394 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 December 2016 - 05:21 PM

Latest news as of 12/04/16 by Army Corps of Engineers...

https://www.army.mil...peline_crossing

they are still doing and enveromantal impact statemement, but if they make them do it for the full lenge of the pipeline it will for sure not be approved at all.. the company is doing illegally and doing it in small sections so they get a special 1 acre quick pass, which is BS but thats how they got this far.. 

#17 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,724 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 December 2016 - 05:48 PM

“We will not fight tonight, we will dance!”

Spontaneous celebrations are erupting in the protest camps and on the Sioux reservation. 

UPDATE: The Salem News reported that the Secretary of the Army contacted tribal leaders and informed them that the DAPL will not proceed according to its current plan.

“We will not fight tonight, we will dance!” said Rami Bald Eagle, Cheyenne River Lakota Tribal Leader as he shared the news with supporters. 

Pipeline protesters, said the News’ Bonnie King, came prepared to dig in for the winter. They were joined by thousands of veterans this week.

“The bitter cold has not chilled the passion behind stopping the pipeline. The many members of ‘Veterans Stand for Standing Rock,’ brought supplies such as gas masks, earplugs and body armor, to stand firm as a unit to protect protesters from the police and their rubber bullets,” wrote King. “But instead, tonight they dance. It looks like the Americans have won, after all.”

Edited by Alder Logs, 04 December 2016 - 05:56 PM.

• Myc and Skywatcher like this

#18 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,724 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 January 2017 - 09:04 PM

Well, as most of you have probably heard, Trump is opting for pushing the pipelines through.   Meanwhile, there's this:

[Direct Link]

#19 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,394 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 January 2017 - 10:03 PM

i have no words.. well, one word RESIST!

#20 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,394 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 January 2017 - 10:07 PM

actually that video just shows alternative facts, they all had guns and were threatening the peaceful security guard.  :bat: 

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!