Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Pizzagate - Precedents - and Where Will It Lead?

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#61 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,463 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:31 PM

I heard about this doctor that set up a community group with patients and other doctors. People pay in a small amount, and he uses his buying power to get super discounts on drugs and minor surgery, care, etc. Everyone wins. Then they buy inexpensive (high deductible) catastrophic insurance for major things. It's saving seniors, and lower income folks a lot of money. Why couldn't we set up little groups like that all over?

You mean a cooperative?  Get out you damned Commie! 

Edited by Alder Logs, 10 January 2017 - 08:32 PM.

• Myc and Arathu like this

#62 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,140 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:01 AM

Cooperative <> communism.

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 11 January 2017 - 01:02 AM.

#63 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 7,280 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:09 AM

Interesting to see what I have missed by avoiding Facebook and not having TV. 

Facebook: where every complex issue can be reduced to a funny picture and a one-liner.

#64 curandZero

curandZero

VIP Member

• OG VIP
  • 337 posts

Donator

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:52 AM

Yea, because everyone knows guilty people are always indicted and convicted...

You need a few elements to get a conviction.  Prosecutorial zeal helps.  And evidence.  Given the anti-elite sentiments currently in the air, combined with the overwhelming amount of convincing evidence available on the internet, it doesn't look good for this particular ring of pedophiles.  All that's needed now is a victim.

#65 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 3,704 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:44 AM

Hey Steampunk-

It wouldnt be that hard really.  Loads of Drs are being strangled by the present healthcare climate (and much of that is due to their own health insurance being so obscenely high now with the other part being cut fees down to the bone by all insurance carriers led by medicare) combined with prohibitively higher and higher taxes.  Too many people with their hands in the pie, left the Dr with nothing, so they are absolutely at the end of their rope.  Therefore, the doctors would be easily available to a town or community that could get so well organized.  Its an excellent idea, sir.  The catastrophic part could easily be taken care of through chirstianhealthcareministries.com, which offers the most inexpensive catastrophic coverage available.  Boom.  Easy.  

Edited by riseabovethought, 11 January 2017 - 10:48 AM.

• SteampunkScientist likes this

#66 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 3,704 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 January 2017 - 12:36 PM

Fake News Indeed.  ^May not seem at first to be related.  Remember the banker bailout - AIG, the world's largest insurance company was too big to fail, so isnt the whole insurance industry under water and obsolete?  The very idea of insurance is an un-enlightened one, a dismal dimming of a dying lightbulb which perhaps made sense at a different time for select people. There are powerful forces against cutting out an entire industry, even a dying one we keep resurrecting.

The same dark shadowy forces that run the Fed, also own the insurance industry and mainstream media.  With teams of the best of the best lawyers, I wonder if they are sufficiently insulated from scrutiny.  Maybe we are zeroing in on a small group of people spreading an infectious form of greed and unchecked ego. --> Wall Street Banker Perverts.  I could show you on a graph that the whole middle class was swallowed by the insurance and banking industries.   And they're still swallowing us.

Seems to me, in order to get them before they get us, we will have to admit we do not need them and cut them out of our budget with a meat cleaver.  Our collective daddy -complex is pretty bad though, and they take advantage of our need for approval.  We will need to surpass and rise above all that...Just as those father-less children preyed upon by demons, must also learn how not to need the approval of others.

Edited by riseabovethought, 17 January 2017 - 01:17 PM.

#67 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,463 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 January 2017 - 02:34 PM

Isn't it interesting that they keep making more forms of insurance mandatory by law.   It used to be, do you want to drive?  Don't try it without insurance.  Then it was the law, and while I haven't had a claim in over 45 years, Farmers started raising my rates about 8% every six months until I dumped them after about 7 years of that.  Besides no claims in that length of time, no moving violations in well over half that time.   It would be hard to have a cleaner driving record.   I wasn't ever costing the assholes anything, but they kept taking more.   I would have a fuckload of money if all those premiums had been invested.  I finally got another company at a little bit lower rate, but not anywhere near what my insurance used to cost me just 8 to 10 years ago. 

Then, you want to live?  Gotta have health insurance.   I am in the VA and they seem to have been pushing for everyone to have their own insurance to share the costs, and now I hear Trump is talking of privatizing the VA.  So much for the war hero angle.

• Myc, August West and Juthro like this

#68 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,637 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 January 2017 - 12:31 PM

If something isn't mandatory these days then it's probably prohibited, or will be soon enough.

• Myc, August West and Alder Logs like this

#69 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,140 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 January 2017 - 05:46 PM

At this rate, soon the homeless will be the rich elite class. In fact, in reality based on actual personal wealth it may already be true.
homeless.jpg

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 21 January 2017 - 05:47 PM.

#70 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,463 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 January 2017 - 08:12 PM

But it's only the homeless dude who can't have garage sale.

#71 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,463 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 February 2017 - 11:00 PM

It might be a good idea to listen to this before it gets pulled.  Posted nine hours ago:

[Direct Link]

Edited by Alder Logs, 10 February 2017 - 11:14 PM.

#72 curandZero

curandZero

VIP Member

• OG VIP
  • 337 posts

Donator

Posted 14 February 2017 - 12:56 PM

Conspiracy of Silence

https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

#73 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,463 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 February 2017 - 02:55 PM

This was posted early on in this thread, I believe on the first page.  I have to think it's one of the ones that has been pulled from YouTube, as I can't remember where it was that I posted it.

#74 curandZero

curandZero

VIP Member

• OG VIP
  • 337 posts

Donator

Posted 14 February 2017 - 03:32 PM

It looks like it's down — but it keeps turning up again.  Maybe because of THIS.

#75 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,463 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 February 2017 - 03:47 PM

I am re-watching it right now.

[Direct Link]

Edited by Alder Logs, 14 February 2017 - 03:49 PM.

#76 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 3,128 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 February 2017 - 05:46 PM

I heard about this doctor that set up a community group with patients and other doctors. People pay in a small amount, and he uses his buying power to get super discounts on drugs and minor surgery, care, etc. Everyone wins. Then they buy inexpensive (high deductible) catastrophic insurance for major things. It's saving seniors, and lower income folks a lot of money. Why couldn't we set up little groups like that all over?

You mean a cooperative?  Get out you damned Commie! 

This is one biggie that I've found too.......well worth rooting out of the subconscious where it has been so carefully cultured and hidden in beliefs (the say shit like "Our way of life", and "better dead than red", and etc) Some of us lived through that and remember and some of us are too young ....the concept that "communism" is evil, GASP.......has been programmed into us from our first delusional waking moments................except they weren't talking about functional communal living in responsible and disciplined liberty....you know where we all help each other to live free and well (that's taboo in a society with ME DISEASE).....they were talking about the totalitarian bullshit being rammed up everyone arse now under the guise of SECURITY and SAFETY............ Like the fear of burning in some hell (another story made up by some psychos) the fear of being ostracized and outlawed by ones peers for even mentioning the word is obvious to me.  

Interesting to see what I have missed by avoiding Facebook and not having TV. 

Facebook: where every complex issue can be reduced to a funny picture and a one-liner.

I have noticed massive changes in the stream of thoughts and emotions since abandoning ALL of that shit....NO TV.....NO FACEBOOK..........NO NEWS.................. I'm actually happy for no reason at all from time to time and getting even better.........

Just say NO.............to their bullshit. I'm very much open to cooperatives now. I've been dropping hints to my wife that self sustaining communities are the way out of this fucking mess. I definitely have skills to bring to the mix.............IMHO

A

• riseabovethought and SteampunkScientist like this

#77 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,463 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 February 2017 - 07:14 PM

Edit out -- video did not work -- audio missing from much of it.

Edited by Alder Logs, 14 February 2017 - 07:44 PM.

#78 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,140 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 February 2017 - 12:30 AM

Thank you Arathu, you explained that rather well. We can choose to live in a cooperative free society. It all boils down to a simple concept.

That if I desire to be free, then I must desire that all humans are free to live thier lives. That I am free to live however I desire as long as I never abrogate anyone else's right to the same.

But unfortunately we are left with the problem of what to do about those who refuse to live by this maxim?

Those who feel compelled to control, and rule, and structure the lives of others. Those who insist on adherence to "tradition" as if that were a legitimate reason to comply with edicts.

Somehow we must escape from them. And then defend ourselves from them. The question is how?

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 15 February 2017 - 12:35 AM.

• Arathu and riseabovethought like this

#79 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 3,128 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 February 2017 - 01:11 PM

We'll automatically be labeled a "cult" ........................ I've mentioned this kind of possibility just as a feeler in conversations before and actually had people say it.

In fact I had some that wanted to join follow me for fuck sake................hahahahahah............people are nutz! 

The Ancient Fungi Gild................hahahahaha...................... Not that far fetched actually

Seriously though..........there seems to never be an end to the psycho's that feel some right to rule over others..........it's fucking evil!

The rulers claim of some decent/lineage from divinity I guess.............apparently there are some pretty fucked up gods then.............. IMHO

Indeed HOW? Bucky said you don't fight them, you build something new and functional that makes them obsolete.

A

#80 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,463 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 February 2017 - 01:53 PM

Indeed HOW? Bucky said you don't fight them, you build something new and functional that makes them obsolete.

Check out any videos or podcasts on cooperatives by economist, Richard Wolff.

Workers' Self-Directed Enterprises

[Direct Link]

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!