Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Pizzagate - Precedents - and Where Will It Lead?

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#81 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 3,390 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 February 2017 - 03:33 PM

Indeed....IMHO we're talking about restructuring our collective worldview away from an individuated focus and into a collective, not just the workplace. Man I don't know if we have it in us to follow through...................It was difficult to accomplish in small military units under totalitarian structuring..............we'd have to relearn a bunch of things. 

I'd love to hack the corporate website and play this across their propaganda TV on dayturn (while all those elites are in the office) mid week............................ the yup and executive gaskets would be bursting...................hahahahahaha

But a WSDE farm/community/working useful retirement plan.................indeed my mind is cranking...........

A

#82 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,625 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 February 2017 - 03:41 PM

I tried here as hard as I could.  https://mycotopia.ne...+mushroom +farm

I'm on the opposite side of the big turtle island or I'd already have introduced myself to Alder..................... course I'm no spring chicken either.............

I wish you were closer too.  None of the bites I got panned out.  Now my seed money has eroded too far.

#83 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,209 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 February 2017 - 06:23 PM

Hmmm. Not sure how this would work say in a car factory. You can't really be democratic about how to properly build an engine. If some faction develops that feels it should be allowed to make the engine one way, and another wants to do it differently, you may end up in a situation where nothing useful actually gets built.

If some genius comes along (a Tesla for example) and knows how to do something properly, and is ignored by those who are incapable of understanding his ideas, then those great ideas never get implemented.

I'm not saying it won't work in many situations, but I do not believe it will work in all of them.

#84 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,625 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 February 2017 - 06:27 PM

Richard Wolff on the Mondragon Cooperative:

[Direct Link]

#85 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,625 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 February 2017 - 06:38 PM

Just as a note, I was on a five hundred some foot submarine repair ship with over 900 men.  It was said that we had the capability (in 1965) to completely reproduce a brand new Chevrolet, every part of it.  We had a foundry, machine shop, sheet metal shop, even the seats could be made in the sail loft.  I was in the electronics shop, so the radio could be done there.   I wonder if we had any future Ferrari engineers in the crew back then.  

How many auto manufacturers were there in 1925?  Probably not quite as many as there were breweries at the time.   Capitalism has given us few choices, by way of monopoly market malpractices, such as were done by Anheuser Busch, as the industry began getting back on its feet after prohibition.  They taught Microsoft how to do it; go into a market and sell at a loss to kill all the competition, then the market was theirs, even if they sold that weak piss.   They never saw the micro-brews coming, but they now own the shelf space for their own brands.   We've got a long way to go to get back to free markets, and worker owned cooperatives, if given an even break, could take the day. 

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!