#21 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,965 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:18 PM

In my opinion, and I know that stuff can go down from many directions, but I think sharing your psychedelics is one of the best ways to get into trouble. I literally almost never share unless I know you and know you have the right "mind" for it. I once gave away a generous care package containing all sorts of interesting things to a guy who flipped the fuck out and the law ended up involved. They had to get his naked ass out of a 100 foot tall tree and his wife even threatened to set the law onto a site I was a part of because of his online friends gifting him drugs that brought all of that about. After that I don't share much at all. Some folks are just not meant to indulge in mind expansion and can lose their minds and inadvertently cause trouble for the kind person who helped them get to that point. Just sayin...

• niemandgeist and salviamycelium like this

#22 Myc

Myc

Myc - o 'Topia

• App Administrator
  • 4,903 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:40 PM

Strip the EXIF data from the photos you have prior to posting. 

They're just pictures. And you have the pictures which you found interesting - to share. 

#23 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,196 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 December 2016 - 06:48 PM

While I have never cultivated any magic mushrooms, I have picked maybe as much as 200 pounds between liberty caps and Ps. cyanescens in my life.   I will admit here that I didn't eat them all, but I never sold as much as one single mushroom.    I didn't pick any this year at all, seeing only about ten whole shrooms in what looked a perfect weather season (what's up with that?), and the preceding couple seasons have seen a steep decline of wild supply within walking distance (and that's as far as I am willing to go these days to even look for them).   Since I have taken less and less over the past decade or so, and none at all in over two years, I should be pretty safe now.   My mushroom experiences made it clear to me that I was to never sell them.   It would just be profane for me to do that. 

There were a couple times over the years when I found people had started referring to me between themselves as, "Mushroom ________."   That made me uncomfortable.   Once or twice people have brought the subject up on the phone, emailed me about it, or worse, posted on a public forum, thanking me!   Somehow I made it through my more dangerous years with no more than some worries.   Now I give away shiitakes (except when I have too many to give away and have to sell them).   Giving them away means travel and visiting, meaning I give someone a small bag of shiitakes and have to converse for half an hour before going on to the next victim.   In those times of too many, it's easier to sell them.  I don't have that much time when the car is full of product. 

So anyway, now when someone calls me, "Mushroom ________," I don't have to worry, because I am giving away shiitakes now.   If I had a grow operation for magic, I could see a real danger in being too generous.   I'm truly glad that has never been an issue for me.    I have been able to make a lot of people happy with these wonderful fruits that change so many people's lives for the better.  Now you could say that I'm retired.   No regrets. 

Edited by Alder Logs, 03 December 2016 - 07:03 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!