56 replies to this topic

#41 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 3,857 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:53 AM

^I just kept thinking 'Was it me all along?  Am I fucking myself?'  Over and over, thinking, 'Probably...fuck.'  What a mind fuck this is.  There's no one to fight.  Its going within, thats the real challenge.  Its growing within, that counts the most.  

Edited by riseabovethought, 13 March 2017 - 10:55 AM.

• Alder Logs likes this

#42 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,673 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 March 2017 - 11:45 AM

There's no one to fight.  Its going within, thats the real challenge.  Its growing within, that counts the most.

There's nowhere to get to either.  There's nothing to do but see we are what we want already, right now.   We don't achieve as much as abandon our idea that we could be the achiever of what is already true.   As St. Francis of Assisi said, "What you are looking for is what is looking." 

When we can be the witnessing, it can become clear that we are not the witnessed.   Identification with what is seen has strong illusory powers, yet the seeing is/has been/always will be the greater power.   What is the seeing, if not us?  We are the greater, only believing we are the lessor.   Don't tell the lessor that, he doesn't like to be outed.   He will fight for his standing as the reality, and will change his story whenever necessary to keep his perceived/presumed existence going.  But when watched by the seeing, his reality is knowable as only a virtual reality.   Only the seeing stays constant, though attention to it can waver.  So, we are the witnessing, even of attention.   We see it come and go. 

...the law will move against self discovery harder than ever, because it threatens our illusion that we need them to keep us safe...

I have even been cautioned by my guide to not become like a traffic cop in my own head.   The direction is to just stay as the witnessing.   In this, the illusion of the conditioned identity is seen and re-seen, and its tricks to stay established as I, the person, are a teaching in themselves.   It becomes ever more evident that I, as the mental/physical/personal doer, is but an expression of what is behind, and in front of, the seeing, is the whole of it.  As that, what more can be said?  What we are, what is, is beyond description.   It can only be apprehended in its being.  Words and ideas will fail.  Heads will fail too.  

We now return you to your regularly scheduled discussion for the various expressions of the one consciousness. 

• Sidestreet and riseabovethought like this

#43 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 7,583 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:12 AM

Project VIC: Keep those fingerprints out of your pics!

Today during my morning information scrounging I came across a story that made me both happy and apprehensive.  The story was about an organization that is using the cutting edge of image analysis to bring down pedophiles.  Sadly, many creeps post pictures of children that they're abusing to the internet.  Happily, Project VIC is using technology to analyze the pictures and, in hundreds of cases, rescue the victims.

Project VIC uses image analysis tools that are capable of, for example, compensating for "motion blur".  In one case, a photograph included an out-of-focus prescription bottle.  Using their methods, Project VIC was able to un-blur the prescription bottle so that law enforcement could read the information printed on the bottle.

Not only that, but the perpetrator's fingers were in the picture and the team was actually able to capture and analyze his fingerprints.  This is impressive, especially because the prints were not oriented square-on in the photo.  As a member of this site, I have heard warnings not to post pictures of my fingerprints.  In a lot of pics, people will erase their fingertips.  That has always been a good idea, but this is the first time I've seen proof that LE can actually get high-quality fingerprint data off of mediocre-quality pictures.

Of course I'm in favor of using this technology to rescue children from the bastards that hurt them (the asshole in this story ended up with an effective life sentence).  But also of course, the tools that are used for good are inevitably used to do evil.  That is, to do violence to decent people who choose to use controlled substances.  I don't know how available this technology is to law enforcement.  I assume, though, that it will become more widespread over time.  Also, local agencies have fewer resources than state and federal, but the bigger organizations share information with the smaller ones.  And even local agencies have access to things like facial recognition.

As with many of these tech stories, the moral is to be a small fish and be smart about how you interact online. 

[Direct Link]

http://edition.cnn.c...buse/index.html

Edited by Sidestreet, 14 March 2017 - 05:13 AM.

• TVCasualty and Heirloom like this

#44 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,673 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 March 2017 - 10:42 AM

...the moral is to be a small fish...

If the other side were moral, they would bust the big fish.  The sad thing would be that, with law enforcement working hand in glove with the prison-industrial complex, the small fish will continue to bring in the paycheck, and the big fish (think, Pedo-gate), continue on as ever, using their political and economic power to tilt the playing field.   While the MSM will tout the successes of catching the schmucks, the fat cats who own the MSM (and everything else, up to and including our representatives) will select what is to be called, "fake news."

Edited by Alder Logs, 14 March 2017 - 10:44 AM.

• Sidestreet and MushPuppy like this

#45 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,721 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 March 2017 - 06:28 PM

As a member of this site, I have heard warnings not to post pictures of my fingerprints.  In a lot of pics, people will erase their fingertips. 

I would also suggest being mindful of other forms of "fingerprints" as well (i.e. unique patterns of all types found in various contexts).

One example would be posting photos of a new laminar flow hood you just built; did you use plywood? Is the grain pattern visible in the photos? If so, it would be hard to deny that an online post is yours if the grain pattern on it happens to exactly match the pattern found on the one in your back room (hopefully any such post isn't also detailing a conspiracy to "manufacture" things that scare reactionary pinheads).

Another thing that is often overlooked is narrowing down our physical location by the architecture and vegetation seen in photos we post. A "fingerprint" in this context is any unique pattern or arrangement of variables.

Next time he drops in for a visit y'all should ask BuckrooBanzai about the time he posted a pic of a small cannabis plant he was growing outside his dwelling, and from the picture I realized he was almost a neighbor of mine (I sent him a PM detailing what it was about the photo that allowed me to narrow down his location to within about 60 miles; suffice to say it was a combo of the natural vegetation that was visible at the time of year the picture was taken along with the architectural details of the dwelling). On second thought, maybe don't ask since I distinctly recall that my PM with the just-about-exactly-correct guess of where he lived freaked him out a little (which I sent as a helpful head's-up; i.e."If I can figure this out, then so can someone else...").

What I was doing by compromising his privacy via analyzing his photos (and what I do a lot as a matter of habit) is called "Red Teaming" in some circles (mostly military Special Operations units). It's simply trying to defeat someone's security or otherwise breach it so as to expose any weaknesses and rectify them before an actual adversary with genuinely bad intentions finds and exploits them.

Many large companies quietly pay shitloads of money to experts in various fields who are basically paid to pull off heists of corporate assets (whether physical or digital). And companies hire consultants for this because we cannot effectively analyze our own (or our company's) security. We need to have an independent third-party test it since we are not very good at detecting the flaws in the things we're proud of putting together (it's like proofreading our homework to what we thought was perfection only to have it returned by the teacher with a shockingly-low grade and covered in red scribbles detailing all the errors we were oblivious to thanks to our emotional attachment to the results of our efforts).

These links detail the philosophy and approaches used by one such organization:

http://redteams.net/rules

http://redteamjourna...d-teaming-laws/

IMO the large amount of very interesting info in those links is worth expanding into its own R&R thread, which I'd be happy to do if I could just find the time (so don't hold yer breath but I hope to regain my Slack within a month or two).

• Sidestreet, Alder Logs, Heirloom and 1 other like this

#46 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,673 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 March 2017 - 07:44 PM

It is apparent to me that I have zero anonymity with all I have posted, but I don't do illegal grows and I don't have illegal shit laying about.  If I were doing that, I know I would have been too paranoid and would never have have stuck my head up here.   I came in here growing shiitakes and needing advice on that.   But what can I say, I like psychedelicized minds, and found the best of them around here.

• Sidestreet, TVCasualty and Spooner like this

#47 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

• App Administrator
  • 7,583 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:19 AM

It is apparent to me that I have zero anonymity with all I have posted, but I don't do illegal grows and I don't have illegal shit laying about.

Then you should be safe because government agencies have never brutally suppressed the expression of taboo ideas....  ;)  

If the other side were moral, they would bust the big fish.

In the context of local government, I have heard complaints that certain officials aren't interested in "climbing the ladder" of criminal activity such as heroin dealing because it's easier to get big numbers with small fry.  With big numbers garnered by picking the low-hanging fruit, they get the funding they want, so why spend time and money it takes to build a case against a trafficker?

So, being a small fish, by itself, doesn't make you safe by any means if you're a "low-hanging fruit."  I'm talking the people who shoot up in their car and pass out in a parking lot.  It happens all the time.  Don't do the myco equivalent of shooting up in your car in a public place.

I would also suggest being mindful of other forms of "fingerprints" as well (i.e. unique patterns of all types found in various contexts).

It seems like a good strategy would be to post only tight shots without a lot of extraneous items in them.  In the article I linked above, the authorities traced another creep who posted a picture of him/herself at a campsite.  After identifying the region by the wildlife in the picture, they sent out alerts to every campsite in the area until one responded.  Dunzo.

Edited by Sidestreet, 15 March 2017 - 05:05 AM.

• TVCasualty, Alder Logs and tailsmcsnails like this

#48 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,673 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:32 AM

Then you should be safe because government agencies have never brutally suppressed the expression of taboo ideas....  ;)

Oh yeah, the Thought Crimes Division.  Doh!

#49 MushPuppy

MushPuppy

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 01:06 PM

FBI Director Thinks We Should Lower Our Expectation of Privacy

...Comey and the FBI want us to lower our expectations of privacy as a nation so that the judges they get their warrants from will more readily allow them to search individuals' electronics.

At least Comey has/had the balls to be honest about it. I have to say, I really liked that boy scout. He seemed like one of the good ones.

But it's not just our electronics that are subject to scrutiny. Most people seem to think sending letters or packages via snail mail is relatively safe because a search warrant is supposedly required to open items (there are exceptions to this thanks to Bush). What most people don't realize is that everything on the outside of items handled by the USPS is being logged and tracked. Senders identity and address, recipients address, location the item was postmarked from... No warrant of any kind is needed to obtain this information only a form submitted by LE at any level.

Abuses of this program by LE agencies are already well documented, and they get away with it every time. Just look at what ultimately happened to Sheriff Joe Arpaio in AZ, who among a multitude of other civil rights violations was sued for improperly using this data to surveil someone.

https://mobile.nytim...snail-mail.html

https://www.copblock...t-surveillance/

Just imagine what they could do if they decided to mine all that data for specific patterns. Assuming they aren't already...

#50 Digital Phoenix

Digital Phoenix

Morphogenesis in Stasis

• Free Member
  • 330 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:54 PM

My case against the 16th amendments constitutionality and the generations of torture from our 1913's congress...bravo boys, way to lower the BAR...

(Ratified 1789) Article 1 Section 9 Clause 4 - "No Capitation, or other direct, Tax shall be laid, unless in Proportion to the Census or Enumeration herein before directed to be taken."

(Ratified 1789) Article 5 "...Provided that no amendment which shall be made prior to the year, one thousand eight hundred and eight shall in any manner effect the first and fourth clauses in the ninth section of the first article..."

(Ratified 1791) 10th Amendment - "The powers not delegated to the United States by the constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

(Ratified 1913) 16th Amendment - "The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever sourced derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration."

At first glance it would seem that since the 16th was ratified after 1808 that it can effect the 4th clause and we're screwed. Thankfully that is not the case because of the 10th amendment and more importantly, because of it's verbiage. All amendments (and powers) ratified after the 10th amendment were not delegated at the time of the 10th's passing...the very powers to which the 10th is referring to are the future amendments, that way future generations of congress didn't have to amend the constitution AND to fulfill a permanent injunction on the government from altering the 4th clause.

They cut their greedy little fingers off with the taste of death in their memory from the government they had just fled from...The king who had killed their own brethren and the unequal taxation of his whims would be in the lingering background of their thoughts as they drafted the articles of confederation and not much later the constitution. When they ratified the constitution they gave themselves nearly 20 years (Article 5's 1808 timeline) to solve the problem of funding (Clause 4) and equal taxation and solved it 2 years later with the 10ths ratification.

What do you guys think?
  • Heirloom likes this

#51 Heirloom

Heirloom

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 4,195 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 September 2017 - 10:42 PM

I like your position, it's based on the Constitution. The 16th should have never been Ratified and it's illegal yet unchallenged?

I don't feel like I am expressing my thoughts but I understand yours.

edit - are we entitled to a refund on income tax and can I get it in gold

Edited by Heirloom , 14 September 2017 - 11:16 PM.

#52 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

• App Administrator
  • 7,583 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 September 2017 - 05:28 AM

Digital Pheonix, are you arguing for a return to the requirement of apportionment?  The Sixteenth Amendment is not about the ability of the federal government to tax income--which it did well before 1913--but only the manner in which it is done.

And it is the states themselves that ratified the Sixteenth Amendment.  So even if the Tenth Amendment did permanently delegate the power to lay capitation or direct taxes to the states, the states (through their legislatures) turned around and handed it back.

Disclaimer: I'm not saying I like paying taxes, or that the current setup is what the founders envisioned.

#53 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,673 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 September 2017 - 09:13 AM

The Founders?

a. Saints

b. Brilliant men (men only)

c. Pretty good on average

d. Regular guys (who sometimes listened to their wives)

e. Products of their time and situation

#54 Digital Phoenix

Digital Phoenix

Morphogenesis in Stasis

• Free Member
  • 330 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 11:38 AM

I like your position, it's based on the Constitution. The 16th should have never been Ratified and it's illegal yet unchallenged?I don't feel like I am expressing my thoughts but I understand yours.edit - are we entitled to a refund on income tax and can I get it in gold

When I read the below on the archives.gov site, then yes it is beyond illegal, beyond unconstitutional (and to my knowledge unchallenged from the basis of my argument that I've researched), and having been presented to us as legal and constitutional for 104 years is sham of the ages with the color of law, or as I've heard it put, the largest financial heist in the history of the world. What we have now is something like reverse stockholm syndrome where the public / society doesn't exactly side with the IRS, however chastises those who don''t fall in line to the 1040.

Gold and money is a whole separate can of worms...As far as refund, I can't imagine how we could afford it for everybody, other than sell some federal property excluding naval bases, Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, Dock Yards, post roads and offices, and the 10 square miles allocated for DC and the like constitutional provisions. Fortunately those kinds of problems are what we pay congress for...

AMENDMENT XVI

Passed by Congress July 2, 1909. Ratified February 3, 1913.

Note: Article I, section 9, of the Constitution was modified by amendment 16.

The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration.

https://www.archives...dments-11-27#16

Digital Pheonix, are you arguing for a return to the requirement of apportionment?  The Sixteenth Amendment is not about the ability of the federal government to tax income--which it did well before 1913--but only the manner in which it is done.

And it is the states themselves that ratified the Sixteenth Amendment.  So even if the Tenth Amendment did permanently delegate the power to lay capitation or direct taxes to the states, the states (through their legislatures) turned around and handed it back.

Disclaimer: I'm not saying I like paying taxes, or that the current setup is what the founders envisioned.

A return to apportionment is a return to equality, and even if the income tax was an apportioned tax it would be constitutional, however the point of different tax brackets illustrates that it currently is not. If we do go to an apportioned tax based off the population / census (I hope we don't get equally taxed on incomes to begin with, because I don't think congress intended upon it), then we will have been constitutionally taxed on incomes. It makes me ponder if it was ever intended to be apportioned (Equal) and in reading the 16th, Equality was never part of the plan.

With respect to the States giving power...the 10th Amendment states..."nor prohibited by it to the states..."
This means to me that congress is saying that the future powers/amendments being granted by the 10th are those that are not written down (delegated) or already prohibited (Using an amendment (the 10th) made before 1808 to effect clause 4) by the constitution to the States.

To say it another way, congress is saying, that States (or people) have the powers that don't exist after the 10th AND THE ONLY POWERS GRANTED by the 10th are those that do not violate what is already prohibited (effecting clause 4) by the constitution as a whole. The 10th doesn't grant what they're already not allowed to do...Does this bring the crux of the argument into perspective?

Disclaimer : I have not found this argument anywhere online, many others yes, however this one has a ring of truth with me though. I bring my case here expecting a more honest discourse of ideas than any circus court of anything. So while I will defend what I believe as Truth, please understand my fervor is in revealing Truth and not necessarily my argument. I think deep down, we know we're getting scammed, this argument illustrates the finer points of the scam...there's more points, however the deeper the hole gets, the more removed from the foundation the argument becomes.

The Founders?

a. Saints
b. Brilliant men (men only)
c. Pretty good on average
d. Regular guys (who sometimes listened to their wives)
e. Products of their time and situation

A
B
E
C
D
A

#55 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 3,857 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 September 2017 - 01:09 PM

Just imagine what they could do if they decided to mine all that data for specific patterns. Assuming they aren't already...

They are, and have been for awhile.  https://mycotopia.ne...fo-for-billion/

They have examined the most intimate details of our habits with the simple agenda of directing the evolution of humanity, in mind.  These details about you and me and our families are mined, organized, bought and sold every day now.  Welcome to the bleak dark future we hoped we'd escape somehow.

Edited by riseabovethought, 16 September 2017 - 01:10 PM.

#56 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

• App Administrator
  • 7,583 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 September 2017 - 06:10 AM

the simple agenda of directing the evolution of humanity

I don't know about all that.  Getting filthy rich at anyone's expense, yes.  Maintaining control by any means, yes.  Directing evolution?  I wonder if many powerful psychopaths are able to care about something that happens so long after their own deaths.

But I'll read if you link it.

#57 Digital Phoenix

Digital Phoenix

Morphogenesis in Stasis

• Free Member
  • 330 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 10:50 PM

More points...

The timing is everything to my case...of the 10th, of Article 5, of the Constitution, of the Articles of Confederation...so follow the reasons that may lead you to the same conclusion...

.When we begin employment with a company, the HR (federal withholding agent) person hands over paperwork including a W4...The W4 is expected to be signed before you get paid, so that's an induced duress situation from the company (created by the Department of State, managed by the IRS), an extension of the government.

.The W4, an IRS document, when signed by your hand, becomes certified by you yourself, under penalty of perjury no less, that you are a "non-resident alien" and are subsequently obligated to fill out a 1040 return. This happens when you provide the SSN given to you from the SSA on a card that says, "This card belongs to the SSA and if we ask for it back, you must return it." AND "Mis-use of this card by anyone can result in fine, imprisionment or both.". Using would constitute sharing the number that only comes on a card that never belongs to you, however is in your care, for the cleverest reason...for you to unwittingly signup to the meat grinder agency's radar that is the IRS...from there we're cannon fodder for prison cells / sells($ale$). Careful what you sign!

Too tired tonight...more points to tack up, wait till I get to the ASFR program of the IRS if I can get that far...

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!