• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#41 425nm

425nm

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 448 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 10:07 PM

October 18th for those not wanting to dig through the links. Now if we could just get a pardon for those currently serving time for cannabis related crimes :/

Anyone know why Manitoba, Quebec and Nunavut want to ban home cultivation?
  • wildedibles likes this

#42 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,747 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 June 2018 - 10:24 PM

Those 3 provinces cannot legally ban home cultivation. It was a senate amendment that failed , the government would not back down allowing 4 plants so as of Oct 17th they are allowed. 

There are standard cultivating and processing licenses and there are micro cultivating and processing licenses. There is no cap on the number of those licenses across the country. There are nursery licenses for selling plants and seeds etc. There are Hemp licenses that are much less red tape then before. People can now start applying as the application portals open.

The second link has the key info in easy to view format...

Pardons are coming but feds say have to wait until after Oct 17th date to announce.

Edited by hyphaenation, 27 June 2018 - 10:24 PM.

• wildedibles likes this

#43 425nm

425nm

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 448 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 10:40 PM

I did hear about the Senate amendment. The CBC has just published some confusing things regarding whether or not the federal government would prevent provinces from making their own decisions regarding home grow:
https://www.google.c...a/amp/1.4713839

Still doesn't really say why they want to ban it.

The second link is quite readable yes. I didn't mean to suggest that it wasn't my bad.
  • wildedibles likes this

#44 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,747 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 June 2018 - 10:52 PM

All good. Yah there is def some confusion on all the aspects of the thing. 

• wildedibles likes this

#45 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,167 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 October 2018 - 05:09 AM

ok here is Ontario's new cannabis rules ...... it's still kinda a joke but hey it be legal
....up to 30g's can be bought online lol they want a paper trail ....and thats whats all abut
....no stores till april 2019
....Im glad I have my medicinal card I get a few more beifits

thigs will ork themselves out ..... but buying online no one is gona be smoking legaly recc. on Oct.17 2018 cuz u gota wait for the mail .... a way to boost Canada Post

https://www.ontario....is-legalization

Edited by wildedibles, 05 October 2018 - 07:37 AM.

• Psilocyduck likes this

#46 Psilocyduck

Psilocyduck

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 68 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 11:00 AM

So odd that lawmakers/politicians have to see where this whole thing doesn't just benefit the ones who want it and need it for recreation/pain relief. It always has to benefit a system already in place so the greed can be satisfied first.

• wildedibles likes this

#47 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,167 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 October 2018 - 01:24 PM

So odd that lawmakers/politicians have to see where this whole thing doesn't just benefit the ones who want it and need it for recreation/pain relief. It always has to benefit a system already in place so the greed can be satisfied first.

Well its a great way for the country to make some money ..... I dont mind that but I dont know if setting it up in a more strict controlled way then even th LCBO is or the beer store or smokes for that matter .... you dont need to go on record anywhere stating how much you bought and where you live.....
  • Psilocyduck likes this

#48 Psilocyduck

Psilocyduck

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 68 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 02:20 PM

Well its a great way for the country to make some money ..... I dont mind that but I dont know if setting it up in a more strict controlled way then even th LCBO is or the beer store or smokes for that matter .... you dont need to go on record anywhere stating how much you bought and where you live.....

I do agree that if it helps the country itself generate revenue that is wonderful. I guess my words were aimed more towards the politicians who want it to benefit their own personal agenda before they attempt to scratch our backs. - On the note of making it stricter without going on record, I could live with that. It's a place to start that meets in the middle so to speak and could be improved upon 

• wildedibles likes this

#49 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,167 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 October 2018 - 04:04 PM

I do agree that if it helps the country itself generate revenue that is wonderful. I guess my words were aimed more towards the politicians who want it to benefit their own personal agenda before they attempt to scratch our backs. - On the note of making it stricter without going on record, I could live with that. It's a place to start that meets in the middle so to speak and could be improved upon

going on record is exactly what buying online .... sent to your door is ..... what if the next bunch of gov officials make it illigal again ..... they have a list of pot smokers to bug ;)

and ya theres lots of money in it for the big guys at first when its really gonna take off .... just like the medicinal mj went at first stocks went threw the roof.....
  • Psilocyduck and PapMyc like this

#50 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,167 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 November 2018 - 10:43 AM

ok here is Ontario's new cannabis rules ...... it's still kinda a joke but hey it be legal
....up to 30g's can be bought online lol they want a paper trail ....and thats whats all abut
....no stores till april 2019
....Im glad I have my medicinal card I get a few more beifits
thigs will ork themselves out ..... but buying online no one is gona be smoking legaly recc. on Oct.17 2018 cuz u gota wait for the mail .... a way to boost Canada Post
https://www.ontario....is-legalization

ok Canadians living in Ontario you can find the online store in that link somewhere on the gov site
you have to give your house addy
you have to give your phone #
and you have to show id at te time of delivery if your not of age or not home they will take it back
....lol and everyone wants a peice of the pie cuz canada pozt is on or going on strike ...who knows ...my medi company will switch companys again if that happens ...they did this when medi pot went up in sales...aqanyay..

I went searching for this on line ontario pot store when it was finally legalized and found 1000s of sites and the first ones were not gov sites ;) so I didnt look into it for now and tried to find thast post above b4 ordering making sure if I was buying legal pot it be legal pot
...well some were not so lucky and ordered lots well it didnt come ....called and found out the company is shut down....no way to easily get money back either
..... so beware follow the rules and find gov sites if you wanna play the legal way
  • Juthro likes this

#51 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,321 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 November 2018 - 11:20 AM

I thought that Canadians voted to legalize Cannabis as a collective population... Is this thread accurate in saying that only 1 Canadian planned to legalize reefer?? I am impressed!! That is one influential Canadian!!

It was probably Justin Bieber!! 

If only kanye West or RuPaul would plan to legalize Cannabis in the United States....

Edited by PJammer24, 02 November 2018 - 11:49 AM.

• wildedibles likes this

#52 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,167 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 November 2018 - 07:41 PM

I thought that Canadians voted to legalize Cannabis as a collective population... Is this thread accurate in saying that only 1 Canadian planned to legalize reefer?? I am impressed!! That is one influential Canadian!!

It was probably Justin Bieber!! 

If only kanye West or RuPaul would plan to legalize Cannabis in the United States....

Thats what Ive been saying all along lmao :)

us canadians as a whole voted weed in but every province is collecting thier own taxes for that province
..you cannot buy weed out of your province
....every province has thier own colored stamp (a pot leaf)

im still better off with my medi weed and I can get that from a diff province
....with my hubby wanting rec weed it will work out really good if I plan on growing ... I think I can grow my medi weed quota and my hubby can have his rec quota ....

#53 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,167 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 November 2018 - 08:08 PM

[Direct Link]

Here's to tunes played loud to lead the way to what we wanted ;)

#54 mushit

mushit

Shit Lover

• OG VIP
  • 2,138 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 November 2018 - 09:50 AM

All I have to say is it is a great start!  At least Trudeau had the balls to do it.

They can make any regulations they want to start, it will improve over time once the stigma subsides.

This is how alcohol prohibition ended.

I remember going into the LCBO and filling out a form to get one bottle of booze!

As long as they don't take the option to grow away from us, I am happy.

I will never have to buy anything as I will be able to grow enough for my personal use.

Unless they have some good hash, though.  :smoking-hookah:

Now lets work on the psychadelics. :meditate:

Edited by mushit, 03 November 2018 - 09:51 AM.

• wildedibles likes this

#55 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,167 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 November 2018 - 02:06 PM

All I have to say is it is a great start!  At least Trudeau had the balls to do it.
They can make any regulations they want to start, it will improve over time once the stigma subsides.
This is how alcohol prohibition ended.
I remember going into the LCBO and filling out a form to get one bottle of booze!
As long as they don't take the option to grow away from us, I am happy.
I will never have to buy anything as I will be able to grow enough for my personal use.
Unless they have some good hash, though.  :smoking-hookah:
Now lets work on the psychadelics. :meditate:

Here's to that :)

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!