#1001 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,676 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 March 2017 - 06:01 PM

I'm sure it's Mac OS.  There are a few audio books I have on there that I want to keep, so I guess I should find a friend with a Mac to help me get these MP3s moved from a thumb drive to the iPod.

Oh, and thanks for that info in post #1000.

Edited by Alder Logs, 28 March 2017 - 06:03 PM.

• shoomer likes this

#1002 shoomer

shoomer

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 143 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 07:02 PM

I'm sure it's Mac OS.  There are a few audio books I have on there that I want to keep, so I guess I should find a friend with a Mac to help me get these MP3s moved from a thumb drive to the iPod.

Oh, and thanks for that info in post #1000.

If there are audio books on it then it has been attached to a PC/Mac before so it does have some database, I'm just not sure if it sets up all databases at once or just as mp3/vid/ebook are copied to it.

If all get set up at once you should be able to use Rhythembox or Amarok, etc. to copy music to/from the ipod (although if you copy mp3s back from the ipod the file names will not be human friendly).  THIS PAGE says that Apple re-crippled the latest versions of the iPod again (sorry).

Hardware manufactures are usually not kind in the way of drivers for Linux and it can take years for some volunteer to back-engineer one.

If yours is the latest gen. I think that what you outline above may be your only hope. Bummer.

• Alder Logs likes this

#1003 shoomer

shoomer

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 143 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 08:32 AM

Reading some of the latest info on the how installing Windows 10 is a bit like date rape and came across something I didn't know about Ubuntu.

​It's a decent OS, but it seems to be taking cues from M$ in collecting search data on the back end and selling it to 3rd party vendors for custom advertising in the default install.

https://fixubuntu.com/ points out where these settings are and how to disable them in the unity tweak tool.

​Just a FYI if you run a current Ubuntu release

Edited by shoomer, 31 March 2017 - 08:33 AM.

• Alder Logs likes this

#1004 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,676 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 March 2017 - 09:10 AM

Hey, even I was able to do it!

• shoomer likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!