#2 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 4,595 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 December 2016 - 07:51 PM

lol, yeah.. i just seen a bust where they said they had 500lbs worth 2 million, LMAO which is like $4000lb dunno where they came up with that number but thats like 4 times to much

• roc likes this

#3 orangutan

orangutan

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 162 posts

Donator

Posted 21 December 2016 - 10:06 PM

they called it a "drug den"  

• roc likes this

#4 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,962 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 December 2016 - 10:51 PM

They probably weighed the mycelium, just sayin... I wonder what the hose system was for? FAE maybe?

• roc and Juthro like this

#5 fungi2bwith

fungi2bwith

cat-monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,292 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 December 2016 - 12:31 AM

That's a hell of a set up.....

I would assume those hoses are for either FAE or are hooked to a humidifier....

Edited by fungi2bwith, 22 December 2016 - 12:31 AM.

• roc and Juthro like this

#6 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 4,108 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 December 2016 - 12:57 AM

I hate to see stories like this. 'The Man', is all about the dollar. When people exploit the fact something is less then legal to make a dollar, it catches the mans attention.

It's the money that triggers his radar though, not the act. When real money is there to be made, he demands his cut, and will always respond.
  • roc, Coopdog, AGAMA and 4 others like this

#7 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 7,187 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 December 2016 - 05:27 AM

They probably weighed the mycelium, just sayin... I wonder what the hose system was for? FAE maybe?

I agree.  Maybe tubs, jars, mycelium, shrooms and all weighed 250 lbs.  Makes their dicks look bigger.

• roc, Myc and Alder Logs like this

#8 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

vivir madre yagé Perú

• OG VIP
  • 2,037 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 December 2016 - 08:53 AM

Sweet setup, wasn't anyone from here. lol.

2016_12_22_8_57_53_27_AM-1.png 2016_12_22_8_42_12_867_AM-2.png 2016_12_22_8_41_58_41_AM-1.png

Edited by Hash_Man, 22 December 2016 - 09:03 AM.

• roc, -=Zeus=-, fungi2bwith and 3 others like this

#9 sillyrabbitcubiesR4us

sillyrabbitcubiesR4us

wanderess

• 518 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 December 2016 - 11:20 AM

Holy hell.. Lol. That is a hell of a setup.. Oh don't mind me while i press this button to fan all of my 25 tubs at once. Gives me some ideas on my storage.. lol

But I agree with you Juthro. Obviously it wasn't the neighbors turning them in for suspicious activity, so they had to be on someone's radar. The money, the selling, probably sold to a CI.

• roc, Hash_Man, Juthro and 1 other like this

#10 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,962 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 December 2016 - 12:23 PM

Ten yrs ago or so I was asked by a very worried friend to go to their house and "clean it up" as they were in jail and very worried that they were in a similar situation. I expected to find a couple tubs or something. Man it took me a good hour or more of hauling tubs out and dumping the mycelium under the tall bushes out back. When I was done it was enough to fill the bed of my truck twice over. Even more uncomfortable was that the guy had room mates who had no idea they were living in a house that contained a freaking mushroom factory. I was appalled as I always had trouble getting them to grow well. Apparently I was not thinking big enough lol. I ended up with a couple pounds of dried fruits, a whole paper sack full of wet ones, a nice stack of cash, some Dmitri, and one hell of a story I could not tell to anyone lol. When he got out of jail he was SO DAMN HAPPY that he got word to me so all of that stuff was preserved. The guy also had a chemistry set and wall of glassware that would make a college chemistry teacher happy. I was glad to get out of there with no trouble and his room mates were very glad to have all of that stuff out of the house. I had never seen anything like it before, on the internet or in person. Crazy times lol

• roc, Sidestreet, Hash_Man and 3 others like this

#11 fungi2bwith

fungi2bwith

cat-monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,292 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 December 2016 - 12:29 PM

Ten yrs ago or so I was asked by a very worried friend to go to their house and "clean it up" as they were in jail and very worried that they were in a similar situation. I expected to find a couple tubs or something. Man it took me a good hour or more of hauling tubs out and dumping the mycelium under the tall bushes out back. When I was done it was enough to fill the bed of my truck twice over. Even more uncomfortable was that the guy had room mates who had no idea they were living in a house that contained a freaking mushroom factory. I was appalled as I always had trouble getting them to grow well. Apparently I was not thinking big enough lol. I ended up with a couple pounds of dried fruits, a whole paper sack full of wet ones, a nice stack of cash, some Dmitri, and one hell of a story I could not tell to anyone lol. When he got out of jail he was SO DAMN HAPPY that he got word to me so all of that stuff was preserved. The guy also had a chemistry set and wall of glassware that would make a college chemistry teacher happy. I was glad to get out of there with no trouble and his room mates were very glad to have all of that stuff out of the house. I had never seen anything like it before, on the internet or in person. Crazy times lol

I was in the same situation you were coop, except with an MJ grow, and 2 states away.....Took down a whole basement operation and transported over 100 plants 2 states away in less than 18 hours....Scary shit....you could smell my truck from 10 feet away....

• Coopdog and archersmark like this

#12 Heirloom Spores

Heirloom Spores

practice

• OG VIP
  • 2,894 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 December 2016 - 12:40 PM

The truth already told.  Money and ci's go hand in hand.  Easy money is never easy.

Grow but do not sell and keep it private ,will have no problems.
Never give a person a reason to turn you in if they do know.

Most of all don't try to make money illegaly.

I am happy to have my own as anybody can , those who want to try mushrooms can using PF or another easy method.

• Sidestreet, Hash_Man, Coopdog and 1 other like this

#13 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

• App Administrator
  • 7,187 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 December 2016 - 06:57 AM

That setup looks really similar to the one that was in the Hamilton's Pharmacopeia episode about mushrooms, but now I can't find that video anywhere...

• roc likes this

#14 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

vivir madre yagé Perú

• OG VIP
  • 2,037 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 December 2016 - 08:14 AM

That setup looks really similar to the one that was in the Hamilton's Pharmacopeia episode about mushrooms, but now I can't find that video anywhere...

If you mean this one? Yea its similar.

[Direct Link]

• Sidestreet likes this

#15 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,182 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 December 2016 - 11:14 AM

Maybe it is just the natural expression of my anti-capitalist bent (or maybe it was one source of my anti-capitalism), but while I was never a grower of magic mushrooms, but rather just a forager and partaker, it was in the partaking where the message seemed to be coming directly from the spirit within those mushrooms, "do not sell us."  Has anyone else felt they were given this direction in their psilo-journeying?

• roc, Sidestreet, Myc and 5 others like this

#16 Myc

Myc

Myc - o 'Topia

• App Administrator
  • 4,898 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 December 2016 - 11:55 AM

Maybe it is just the natural expression of my anti-capitalist bent (or maybe it was one source of my anti-capitalism), but while I was never a grower of magic mushrooms, but rather just a forager and partaker, it was in the partaking where the message seemed to be coming directly from the spirit within those mushrooms, "do not sell us."  Has anyone else felt they were given this direction in their psilo-journeying?

Yep. They told me to give them away. 

It is my opinion that by giving them away, they return in abundance and with relative ease. 

As for the elaborate setup........

Sheesh. Just use straw bales outdoors. You'll get bigger fruits and more of them with way less effort. Plus nobody will even notice the 'shrooms hiding in the shade of the tomatoes and peppers. I harvested freakin' pounds of king oyster this year. If I hadn't pointed them out and taken photographs - no visitor to the garden would even have noticed. 

I see automated setups and remember the days of the "ego grow". Complicated processes and elaborate setups (in my opinion) only serve the ego. There are easier ways to do things. Long story short, after building that setup, they likely had to brag about it and show it off. =busted.

• roc, Sidestreet, coorsmikey and 7 others like this

#17 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 1,965 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 December 2016 - 10:27 PM

Alder, Myc, I have to agree with you both. Same message, eat them myself or give them away.
  • roc, Myc, Juthro and 1 other like this

#18 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

• App Administrator
  • 7,187 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 December 2016 - 06:29 AM

If you mean this one? Yea its similar.

Ah ok, thanks for the link. It won't play for me when my VPN is running; maybe that's why I couldn't find it. I was looking at the setup in the bust and I was thinking "omg is that the growers from Hamilton's???"

Has anyone else felt they were given this direction in their psilo-journeying?

Yes! Not only that, but fruits were evasive those times I worked intentionally for personal gain. When my purpose was to benefit others, I seemed to have the opposite problem.

Edited by Sidestreet, 25 December 2016 - 06:29 AM.

• roc, Coopdog, Alder Logs and 1 other like this

#19 HankoDelicious

HankoDelicious

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 52 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 06:50 AM

I have also found this to be true. Way back at the start of my mushroom journey I too was in the business of retailing my mushrooms, but then came the shock that they lost all their potency and were nothing more than a commercial product full of wrong intentions. 

They also revealed to me that they do not want to be sold, rather given to those who need them, to those that will cherish them. 

They also don't require fancy setups or highly skilled knowledge and tools to cultivate, mostly just love and patience. 

• roc, Arathu, Alder Logs and 1 other like this

#20 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 6,862 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 December 2016 - 05:42 PM

Consume, share, and occasionally trade for the ganja all these years and never had any trouble.

If you sell you expose yourself to the C.I. and then this is what happens.

As far as the tub method used it's still what I use and haven't changed my design in some 15 years... it simply works on what ever scale one needs to produce.

Checkout the link in my signature to see the old method if you are relativity new here.

Karma can be a real bitch... don't fuck with her!

• Sidestreet, Myc, Arathu and 2 others like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!