• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 XiaoLanLong

XiaoLanLong

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 03:57 PM

Tripped hard last night, first time in 5-6 years. At the peak I was brought to that point that words do no justice, the point I feel is on the edge of existence beyond death. I love that about about mushrooms, when all fear of the unknown is stripped away and a taste of the underlying reality is revealed. 

Anyways, just reflecting on this today... thought others might find the topic interesting as well.

• Sidestreet, Coopdog, Skywatcher and 3 others like this

#2 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 5,059 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 December 2016 - 04:29 PM

Welcome XiaoLanLong!

That edge between life and death is a place not known to all, at least within the confines of a lifetime. There are many ways to peer into that infinite plain that require letting go of one's perception of self. Not all need the mushroom teachers.

I believe what the teachers show us, can then be repeated again without their help. It's like they show us the doorway and teach lessons that we can then return to.

I would love to hear more of the details of your experience. Trip reports are usually posted here:    https://mycotopia.ne...ming-the-gates/

If you wish to focus more on the spiritual aspects of this journey, you are of course welcome to do that in this thread as well.

• Sidestreet, Coopdog, Arathu and 2 others like this

#3 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,252 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 December 2016 - 04:32 PM

This might get moved to Storming the Gates (where the trip reports live), but I can understand why you chose Spirituality & Mysticism.  The same words-totally-fail syndrome has been noted in efforts to express one's non-entheogenically induced spiritual realizations, going all the way back to Lao Tzu.   I suppose it is best just to enjoy those you-had-to-be-theres for what they are, understanding that our minds can't/aren't going to catch up to what's outside of time.    When the rational mind is not there telling us what is, what is just is.   The best way to deal with that voice when you're not somewhere high on the Balls' Scale of Tripping, is perhaps to not believe it.  

• Sidestreet, Skywatcher and SteampunkScientist like this

#4 HankoDelicious

HankoDelicious

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 03:17 AM

Amazing. 

Without being able to describe it myself, I am pretty sure I know more or less what you are talking about. 

It is truly astonishing that Little Mushrooms can take a person to such places and feelings. 

I myself was just a chap playing around with mushrooms for colors and a good time, but then one night the Little Mushrooms had other ideas for me and blasted me into a space where I discovered my true-self, experienced death and rebirth and perhaps even a glimpse of what the Universe is really about. 

I have since loved the mushrooms with their much deeper meaning, their strength to change a person for the better, their way to give me back my feelings. 

But what still fascinates me is the states and places these little ones showed me, where are these places and what are their meaning. This has not been revealed to me. 

It is an interesting topic that I would like to hear more about from others. 

• Skywatcher, Alder Logs and SteampunkScientist like this

#5 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,517 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 January 2017 - 12:51 AM

Beautiful! Great reports and spiritual insights...

My favorite time to go to that place with our teachers (however you do) is to be able to talk to trees, plant and animals.

One of my favorite memories is coming upon three deer while hiking (and tripping balls) and the deer didn't run, they just looked at me. Only a few feet away. Normally they would run off, but they knew. That was so cool.
  • Arathu and Alder Logs like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!