I did some absolute ghetto tek. Cooked shredded cardboard in the leftover wood tea. Added some vermiculite just so that the pieces of paper don't clump too much. Put the thing in seven small plastic bags.
1 with rehydrated spores (probably contaminated by now -- been standing in my kitchen in cognac glasses, covered with tinfoil)
1 with what I think is azurescens mycelium but could be contam, shaken up in some water
5 with dry spores, scraped into the bags.
Didn't add extra sugar. Plenty of lignin. Sugar is overrated anyway. Only variety I didn't do is serbica because I have only a (partly used up) small print for me and the other one I promised to give away. So before I do this with serbica I must see that there is a reasonable chance for it to work. So it's azures, cyans, subs, and ovoids. Tied them all and put them in a small box.
Thinking behind is that they love wood so they should germinate. I don't think contams love this substrate all that much. I'm thinking of leaving them at room temp for a day or two, then into the wine fridge. I think they should grow in there just fine but not the contams.
Edited by salviamycelium, 22 January 2017 - 12:42 PM.