Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

In case of depression grow cubes(alcabenzi bulk grow so far)

• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#161 fahtster

fahtster

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,672 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 March 2017 - 01:44 AM

Could be that or just because you had such a killer first flush... they're pretty hefty lookin' fruits too.  I think it looks good. :thumbs_up2:

faht

I could agree with you faht but the bleaching incident happened right as the sub was pinning and i saw some pins blue out and die all of the pins that matured were really blue from the bleach as well
Either way these fruits were really meaty so im not all dissapointed
Gonna dunk flip and try to flush out one more group

Live and learn is the name of the game. :). You did excellent. Now repeat.. that's the name of the new game. ;)

Faht
  • MLBjammer and Arathu like this

#162 fahtster

fahtster

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,672 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 March 2017 - 02:01 AM

And I'm VERY interested in your use of castings in that top layer and the amount of time that you took to fruit. Im thoroughly convinced you can change a lot with how you time things in this hobby. Casing early, casing late, no casing, top layer, no top layer, when you place the top layer; timing is everything. The devi'ls in details, as they say. :)

There's also no substitute for knowing your culture.. they want you to know it.. yeah, they're all cubes, but some colonize at different rates than others and that's just a smidge of their differences.. get to know your subject... find one.. work with it... and learn what it needs to blow your mind, because it wants to.

Faht

Edited by fahtster, 07 March 2017 - 02:06 AM.

• MLBjammer and Arathu like this

#163 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,233 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 March 2017 - 11:32 AM

Yeah...what Faht and the fungi said................. :biggrin:  Get to know me....they need LOVE too........and will give it back to you..........IME

A

#164 DocOct

DocOct

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

• Free Member
  • 238 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 12:20 PM

I use bleach in my bubble pump humidifier to make sure i am pumping clean h2o and o2 through my FC but i put 2x to much in there and i watched it kill off the second flush pinset :(
But i learned a valuable lessin and the sub is gearing up for its 3rd flush and its looking mighty agressive
  • fahtster likes this

#165 MsBehavin420

MsBehavin420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 317 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 11:57 PM

I would love to do that but i live in a city so i have no place to bury it :(, i have a friend at a farmhouse who wants to make a woodlover bed so that is my upcoming outdoor grow

My girlfriends mother use to grow 7ft marijuana plants outside of their hells kitchen apartment... Even in the city anything is possible

#166 DocOct

DocOct

• Free Member
  • 238 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 11:00 PM

Well i have no land to dig on, like i said though i do out door grows on a farm. Im a pro at growing indoors but i suck at outdoor grows thats my new challange this year after march along with growing pans and stones but i gotta find prints first untill then its cube growing for me

#167 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 766 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 December 2017 - 06:47 AM

I use bleach in my bubble pump humidifier to make sure i am pumping clean h2o and o2 through my FC but i put 2x to much in there and i watched it kill off the second flush pinset :(
But i learned a valuable lessin and the sub is gearing up for its 3rd flush and its looking mighty agressive

If thats an aquarium pump and an air stone in a jar... whats the bleach for? I'd be inclined to use salt (NaCl) its much less volatile and not much can grow in a saturated salt solution...

Has anyone else tried it? (salt and/or bleach)

Edited by scott_1971_h, 20 December 2017 - 06:49 AM.

#168 DocOct

DocOct

• Free Member
  • 238 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 12:38 PM

If thats an aquarium pump and an air stone in a jar... whats the bleach for? I'd be inclined to use salt (NaCl) its much less volatile and not much can grow in a saturated salt solution...
I used bleach just enough to get that diluted swimming pool smell and use it so that air being pumped through the water isnt that dirty, ive used H2O2 befor and its disipates quicky and has to be refilled more regularly the bleach last longer, ive killed a flush befor though with to much bleach. I actually hated this fruiting chamber im doing dub tubs and invitro fruiting chambers nowadays

#169 PinkMenace

PinkMenace

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 413 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 01:27 PM

I used bleach just enough to get that diluted swimming pool smell and use it so that air being pumped through the water isnt that dirty, ive used H2O2 befor and its disipates quicky and has to be refilled more regularly the bleach last longer, ive killed a flush befor though with to much bleach. I actually hated this fruiting chamber im doing dub tubs and invitro fruiting chambers nowadays

Do you think it would be sufficient to patch your air intake with some kind of filter? That way you're not using something that's toxic? I am not well educated in these matters, but using bleach seems like something someone might want to avoid if they can find a working alternative. Also, do you worry about the bleach gumming things up?

Does the bubble pump humidifier take care of all your FAE needs?

Also, I have enjoyed reading your posts. Thank you!

Edited by PinkMenace, 20 December 2017 - 01:27 PM.

#170 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 766 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 December 2017 - 05:03 PM

Yeah Id use some sort of filter in the line like a HEPA filter only smaller, .3micron etc.

I remember wheel filters that would do the job.

https://en.wikipedia.../Syringe_filter

Edited by scott_1971_h, 20 December 2017 - 05:08 PM.

#171 DocOct

DocOct

• Free Member
  • 238 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 06:58 PM

I actualy got amazimg results with the bleach the vapors killed bacteria and spores but established mycelium doesnt care its only as toxic as a swimming pool if not less

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!