• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Tabor

Tabor

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 03:33 PM

[I had intended to post this in the General Discussion forum, but that new topic button said I wasn't allowed to post a new topic. So if an admin can help get this post to the write place that would be much appreciated].

I took a trip yesterday with 5g of Cyanescens - and was very surprised and a bit frightened to have some physiological effects hit me at what should have been the end of the trip - and they lasted for about six more hours. So the purpose of this post isn't to recap the trip but to see if anyone can help me understand why that happened. I'll share another trip report post.

I ate 5g of Cyanescens at 930am, started feeling the trip onset around 1015 and started to come down between 2 and 3pm. At 330pm I made a phone call and was very coherent and felt stable in mind and body. I thought I was just going to continue a slow return to normal state. But then I stepped outside of my van to go walk into the woods and pee and felt very uncoordinated, like my muscles were giving out. I don't recall cramps, just loss of muscle control. I also noticed that my vision was blurry. I returned to the van and called a trusted friend and experienced tripper and he asked me if I had been drinking water and eating. I realized, in great frustration, that I had failed to eat and drink since eating the mushrooms despite the fact that I had laid out food and water on a table. I didn't have much of a breakfast and I had a full dinner the night before. At this point I felt on the verge of passing out. I at an orange, dates, carrots, raisins and bread and drank water. And immediately felt like I wasn't going to pass out - but my vision was still blurry and I still had muscle control issues. I also felt like I was kinda of tripping in that I could calmly rest my attention on anything and feel at peace. My wife brought me hope and I laid in bed. My muscle control slowly came back around 9pm; the last hold out was the use of my fine motor skills. It was hard to turn key in knob or twist a lamp switch. I woke up this morning back at baseline. 

I had eaten from this batch of mushrooms before and nothing like this happened. I want to attribute it to my lack of food and water - but does that explain the muscle issues? Is this a physiological reaction that is known to happen with psilocybin mushrooms? Any insight would be much appreciated - thanks!

Aaron 

• Direwolf13 likes this

#2 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 4,700 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 December 2016 - 06:57 PM

we

[I had intended to post this in the General Discussion forum, but that new topic button said I wasn't allowed to post a new topic. So if an admin can help get this post to the write place that would be much appreciated].

welcome to topia.. you will need to get past the probationary period (3 posts) before you can post in the other forums.. to answer you question, i'm thinking you might have got some "other" mush mixed in with the cyans, like Galerina marginata which can be deadly.

• Coopdog and sillyrabbitcubiesR4us like this

#3 Tabor

Tabor

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 07:00 PM

I should add one more thing to my previous post: I picked these mushrooms in their natural habitat - same location, multiple times. I took spore prints of every mushroom most of the time but not always. so there is a chance there was a non-cyan in the mix, but I picked and dried very carefully so I really doubt it - but I can't exclude it as a possibility. 

• panaho likes this

#4 sillyrabbitcubiesR4us

sillyrabbitcubiesR4us

wanderess

• 525 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 December 2016 - 07:06 PM

Now that you've hit Free member status, I moved this post to Storming the gates, as it has to do with experiences while on psychedelics. Welcome, and hope you have a better experience next time!

If you'd like the title changed, message one of the moderators or app admins and we'll get it taken care of for you.

Edited by sillyrabbitcubiesR4us, 28 December 2016 - 07:07 PM.

#5 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 4,700 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 December 2016 - 07:09 PM

i would like to add that 5 dried grams of Ps. Cyan is a high dose for most people and on an empty stomach and dehydration could have contributed. Usually exposure to amatoxins may cause irritation of the respiratory tract, headache, dizziness, nausea, shortness of breath, coughing, insomnia, diarrhea, gastrointestinal disturbances, back pain, urinary frequency, liver and kidney damage, or death if ingested or inhaled.. so probably not what you were experiencing

• Coopdog likes this

#6 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,426 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 December 2016 - 07:50 PM

I agree with Wharfeat, 5g dry is a substantial dose of cyans, and I would think a;\ll sorts of interesting side effects, both real and imagined could be possible.

That being said, I have had my blood pressure drop. almost to shock stage from the combo of dehydration and cyans, but that was in the summer when it was pretty hot out. I usually keep an emergency bag around with glucometer, bp cuff, oxygen, sutures and that kind of thing cuz it's hard to find things when you are tripping, and at least you can hand it over to someone who isnt and get checked out.

Its kind of amazing the variety of symptoms that you can have, and just getting old does it too. Lucky I'm pretty well traveled and can use a checklist of wait and see, a few :normal: checkpoints, and hiding my cellphone so nobody calls 911 until I am ready for that, (hasn;t happened yet).

Safe travels to you, and see if the same thing happens next time when you take about half that much.

• Coopdog, Saphroziac, Juthro and 2 others like this

#7 Direwolf13

Direwolf13

lone wolf

• OG VIP
  • 1,333 posts

Donator

Posted 28 December 2016 - 08:53 PM

how are you feeling now? seems like you could have had low blood sugar or something, hows your vision and muscle control/coordination?

#8 Direwolf13

Direwolf13

lone wolf

• OG VIP
  • 1,333 posts

Donator

Posted 28 December 2016 - 08:53 PM

also whats you pee look and smell like?

• Sidestreet likes this

#9 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,480 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 December 2016 - 09:17 PM

Five dry grams of Ps. cyans would be a huge dose.  

• Sidestreet, Coopdog, Arathu and 2 others like this

#10 Tabor

Tabor

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 11:24 PM

Thanks for the responses - really helpful. To answer a few of the questions:

- I'm feeling 100% now. I'd say I'm actually like 110%, very much in  a glow of new energy and motivation after a positive trip (the part pre-330pm). 

- To the question about my urine - I never took note of the color or smell, mostly because it was during the trip and I just wasn't thinking about that. But maybe next time I will.

- Yes, 5g of dried cyans is a lot. I had been working my way up to it and it was great, aside from the weird post-trip issues!

After some further research I'm now fairly certain that dehydration and low blood sugar started to hit me right as the trip was winding down. There is a chance there was a galerina or some other non-cyan in the bunch, but I didn't seem to have the breadth of symptoms of that you'd expect with that. It was really just blurred vision and muscle control/instability issues, which seem very much like dehydration and low blood sugar issues. 

• Direwolf13 likes this

#11 Direwolf13

Direwolf13

lone wolf

• OG VIP
  • 1,333 posts

Donator

Posted 31 December 2016 - 12:09 AM

id consider urine to be a dip stick into your health in a crisis like that.  if your dehydrated your likely not peeing much if any. but anyway:

What is urine?

Urine is a waste product that contains breakdown products from food, drinks, medicines, cosmetics, environmental contaminants, and by-products from metabolism and bacteria. Amazingly, urine contains more than 3,000 compounds — much more than what’s found in other body fluids, like saliva or cerebrospinal fluid. The kidneys do a remarkable job of filtering and concentrating to help get these compounds out of the body (you can understand why keeping your kidneys healthy is so important). So, what is your urine telling you?

If your urine is…
Bright yellow. This may look alarming, especially when your urine seems to be glowing in the dark. But don’t worry — the bright yellow color is likely due to vitamins, specifically, B vitamins and beta carotene.

Green or blue. Green or blue urine seems like something straight out of a science fiction movie, but the color is very likely due to certain medicines that you’re taking, such as amitriptyline, indomethacin (brand name Indocin), or propofol (Diprivan). Your urine might also be green or blue due to food dyes or, possibly, a urinary tract infection (UTI).

Orange. Certain medications, like rifampin, sulfasalazine (Azulfidine), and phenazopyridine (Pyridium, used to treat UTIs), laxatives, and some chemotherapy drugs can turn your urine orange. Orange urine may also be a sign of liver problems or dehydration.

Brown. Brown or tea-colored urine can result from antimalarial drugs, certain antibiotics, and laxatives that contain senna or cascara. Fava beans, rhubarb, and aloe can also darken your urine, as can some kidney and liver disorders, such as hepatitis and cirrhosis.

Red or pink. Red or pink urine can be a sign of something serious…or not. Red urine may be due to the presence of blood, and that’s always somewhat concerning. Blood in the urine may be a sign of a UTI, enlarged prostate, a tumor, kidney or bladder stones, menstruation, or injury to the urinary tract. It can also occur if you take blood-thinning medicine or aspirin. Less alarming causes of red urine are beets, berries, and rhubarb.

Cloudy. Cloudy urine can result from a UTI, vaginal infection, or dehydration. If the urine is more milky in appearance, that may be due to the presence of bacteria, mucus, fat, or red or white blood cells.

By the way, “healthy” urine should be pale yellow or straw-colored in appearance.

If your urine smells…
Funny. It’s most likely due to something that you ate. Urine usually doesn’t have a strong odor. But certain foods, such as asparagus, can give it a strong smell thanks to sulfur compounds. Medicines can impart an odor, too. An ammonia-type of smell may be a sign that you’re dehydrated. And a bacterial infection can give your urine a foul odor. Less common causes of funny-smelling urine are rare genetic conditions.

Sweet. Sweet-smelling urine typically indicates the presence of sugar or glucose. Of course, having diabetes increases the chances of spilling glucose into the urine if blood glucose levels are too high. The kidneys will make their best effort to get rid of excess glucose once blood glucose levels climb above 180 mg/dl. In people with Type 1 diabetes and some people with Type 2 who take insulin, sweet or fruity-smelling urine may be due to ketones. Ketones are formed when the body burns fat for fuel, and this can occur when there isn’t enough insulin to move glucose into cells for energy. Urine ketones can be measured using ketone sticks that are available in your pharmacy.

What to do
Urine can look and smell funny for a number of reasons. Most of them are relatively harmless, but if you notice any new changes in your urine or are worried about the appearance or smell, the best thing to do is call your doctor. Also, keep in mind that you may be more likely to have changes in your urine if you:

• Are older
• Are female
• Have a family history of kidney stones or kidney disease
• Do strenuous exercise

Edited by Direwolf13, 31 December 2016 - 12:10 AM.

• happy4nic8r likes this

#12 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,426 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 December 2016 - 12:54 AM

nice. I forgot to mention that reference books can also be useful. especially in new or challenging situations.

the internet is a good option too.

#13 panaho

panaho

Keyboard Krusader

• Free Member
  • 311 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 04:32 PM

wow tabor .. you are lucky to be alive!  How many times have you done anything like that?  Lots I hope.  Have you had misgivings of any sort? Does your woman partake? Man , i still am wondering how you still alive! 

That is a good sign though.

Best wishes for continued trips.

#14 catattack

catattack

Mycotopia's beast coast day shift helper. [^._.^]ノ彡

• OG VIP
  • 6,661 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 February 2017 - 04:52 PM

It sure sounds like dehydration.

#15 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 3,166 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 February 2017 - 06:29 PM

Wow....I thought I was nutz!  :biggrin:

Good vibes to ya psycho-traveler....................that's an insane dose IMHO............... 

I sincerely hope you find what you seek..........please take care of YOU.....

A

• salviamycelium likes this

#16 dead_diver

dead_diver

Stoned Since '76

• Free Member
  • 3,399 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 February 2017 - 07:25 PM

Muscle weakness and even fainting is not unheard of with high doses. I've experienced muscle weakness and muscle trembling on several occasions but fortunately haven't passed out.

#17 Saphroziac

Saphroziac

Hotbrained Dyanamitard

• OG VIP
  • 572 posts

Donator

Posted 16 February 2017 - 02:13 PM

Could somebody who has had experience with both Cubensis and Cyans compare the potency between the two? What is 5g of Cubes compared to 5g of Cyans?

#18 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,637 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 February 2017 - 04:50 PM

Could somebody who has had experience with both Cubensis and Cyans compare the potency between the two? What is 5g of Cubes compared to 5g of Cyans?

This chart is handy: https://erowid.org/p...oms_info4.shtml

You need to specify fresh or dried since the psilocin content would factor in to comparative fresh potency, but not with dry potency (P. cubensis has more psilocin, but P. cyanescens has more psilocybin).

IME, it's worked out in practice that cyans are roughly double the potency of cubes, so 5g of cyans would be quite a ride. Then again, so would 5g of cubes...

Above a certain dosage, one won't get any 'higher' though the trip may last longer. That seems to be around 8-9 dry grams in the case of cubes (e.g. my 14-gram dose of cubes wasn't any more extreme than 8-9g doses I've taken, but it did last a bit longer).

• catattack likes this

#19 catattack

catattack

Mycotopia's beast coast day shift helper. [^._.^]ノ彡

• OG VIP
  • 6,661 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 February 2017 - 04:52 PM

Yeah but did it change the color of your pee? :tongue:

#20 manos

manos

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 06:32 PM

Try to do a google-search on "woodlover paralysis", sounds related?

• Spliff, catattack, happy4nic8r and 1 other like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!