6 replies to this topic

#1 Metalneck

Metalneck

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 05:49 PM

Hi folks,

Did a little experiment recently. I have a few jars of colonised rye grain and I sprnkled half a jar on on a spontaneous concoction. Thought I'd share as I had a good outcome.

Soaked whole brown rice grains overnight. Brought to the boil. Put straight in a seive to drain.

Threw this and a few handfuls of malted grain (crystal malt) into a filtered growbag. I brew beer from grain and had some left over.

PC'd 90 mins in a mushroom growbag.

Cooled & sprinkled 1/2 a jar of colonised grain on top. Gave it a shake.

Basically plonked it on a shelf and forgot about it.

3 weeks later noticed it had massively fruited. Brown rice & malt seem to work very well, and have a higher yield than I usually get.

They are very good shrooms too. 25g wet yesterday and I had a very relaxing afternoon watching nature documentaries....with extra visuals and fractal landscapes. Nothing intense, just relaxed, euphoric and visuals. I did get heavily into the nature documentaries though LOL.

I think I was just in a good chilled state of mind as 25g hardly touches the sides usually. Unless they were just a very good batch. They were all good specimens, No mutes or aborts.

Needless to say, I'm trying the same method again. Rice soaking tonight.

Edited by Metalneck, 30 December 2016 - 05:50 PM.

• happy4nic8r likes this

#2 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,430 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 December 2016 - 11:43 PM

I use malt with agar mix, and have also dosed (minimally) on brf cakes just as a trial. It seemed to give it a boost, but in the end it allowed contamination at a stage where usually they are immune to that. Not sure the malt was to blame, but??

• Metalneck likes this

#3 HankoDelicious

HankoDelicious

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 01:58 AM

I have had a somolar experience on 25grams fresh. Beautiful feelings the fresh ones seem to bring out. 

• Metalneck likes this

#4 Metalneck

Metalneck

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 06:23 AM

I use malt with agar mix, and have also dosed (minimally) on brf cakes just as a trial. It seemed to give it a boost, but in the end it allowed contamination at a stage where usually they are immune to that. Not sure the malt was to blame, but??

Yes definitely gave a boost. There would be some complex sugars in there. Crystal malt is used in breweing to add sweetness as there are unfermentable sugars present....however I think mycellium can metabolise what yeast can't.

Yeah, once fully colonised BRF cakes seem to be pretty contam resistant. I had a few that just would not die and even after fruiting many times they'd sprout one or two large shrooms every few weeks.

I live in an old house and there is a mould around. Wasn't an issue until winter, so I suspect it may have proliferated due to damp weather. I got some contamination in my fruiting chamber last time so used filter bags with my last couple of batches as they are 'safer'. No contams in the bags to date.

Will see how the next lot work out. 4 generations from the original spore syringe now.

#5 Metalneck

Metalneck

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 06:33 AM

I have had a somolar experience on 25grams fresh. Beautiful feelings the fresh ones seem to bring out. 

Yeah, a nice contented feeling. I was going to put on some music, but after becomming absorbed into the 'enhanced' nature programmes for several hours.. no music needed.

I have major back problems which are made worse by tension & muscles spasms. I have noticed the shrooms work very well as a muscle relaxant....I can feel everything easing off and have much less pain for a good few days after. So, yet another bonus :thumbs_up:

• happy4nic8r likes this

#6 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,430 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 December 2016 - 12:26 PM

i have been almost pain free since dosing regularly.

now though symptoms of pain free carpal tunnel and gout are harder to diagnose and fix.

#7 Metalneck

Metalneck

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 12:34 PM

Ah carpal tunnel....been there, had the injections!

OK. Brown rice grains and malt.

Check this big ass bag. 2 weeks fully colonised.

My conclusion is they love a bit of malt!Rice.jpg

Edited by Metalneck, 14 January 2017 - 12:38 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!