39 replies to this topic

#21 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,379 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 January 2017 - 08:07 AM

Anyway, here's one of my Sandbags, 16 days after spawning.  It is multispore AA+, on 50% black cow composted cpoo and 50% coir/vermiculite.  I spawned 3 quarts of whole oats spawn to 8 quarts of the bulk mix.  The bulk was pasteurized for 3 hours at 150F.  FAE consists of a box fan on high pointed indirectly at a couple wall shelves and a ceiling fan in the room on medium.  I have not opened the bag since spawning, and I will probably harvest in the next day.  It is not cased, but I will do one just for Faht.  

Nothing fabulous, but it works for me.  And I will post a couple more pics when I get ready to harvest, most likely in the morning:

20170129_063955.jpg

Edited by MLBjammer, 29 January 2017 - 08:55 AM.

• fahtster, Hash_Man, Arathu and 2 others like this

#22 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

detective dorkasaurus

• OG VIP
  • 7,736 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 January 2017 - 08:26 AM

Anyway, here's one of my Sandbags, 16 days after spawning.  It is multispore AA+, on 50% black cow composted cpoo and 50% coir/vermiculite.  I spawned 3 quarts of whole oats spawn to 8 quarts of the bulk mix.  The bulk was pasteurized for 3 hours at 150F.  FAE consists of a box fan on high pointed indirectly at a couple wall shelves and a ceiling fan in the room on medium.  I have not opened the bag since spawning, and I will probably harvest in the next day.  It is not cased, but I will do one just for Faht.  

Nothing fabulous, but it works for me:

attachicon.gif20170129_063955.jpg

aa+ is such a terrific strain. I think that looks fabulous, but I'm biased.

• MLBjammer likes this

#23 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,379 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 January 2017 - 09:02 AM

Well, thank you.  AA+ is probably the best strain of cubes, in my judgment, other than the PE varieties.  It's super easy to grow, and it always puts out some very big fruits.  I have been growing it for about a year now in these big bags, mycobags, and some saco2 bags.  I also have a couple clones I started on agar that I am about to run tests with.  The trip is also very clean for cubes and lots of OEVs.  All my friends like it, needless to say.

Anyway, sorry to hog your thread, Faht.

• Jeepster likes this

#24 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,379 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 January 2017 - 08:06 PM

Here are a couple more pics of that Sandbag.  I ended up harvesting about 1.5 dry ounces, pretty typical haul for me on a first flush.

This is last night before I picked a few that were about to drop spores and make a mess:

20170129_194623.jpg

And this was early in the morning today, just before I harvested and dunked (sorry, that one is a bit blurry, but you get the gist of it):

20170130_045451.jpg

Thanks for allowing me to contribute, Faht.  I will case one of my bags at consolidation and throw up some pics of that in the near future.

• fahtster, Microbe, CatsAndBats and 1 other like this

#25 fahtster

fahtster

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,657 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 January 2017 - 11:47 PM

Hey man.. thank you.

Faht
  • MLBjammer likes this

#26 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 4,389 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 January 2017 - 06:09 PM

Here are a couple more pics of that Sandbag.  I ended up harvesting about 1.5 dry ounces, pretty typical haul for me on a first flush.

This is last night before I picked a few that were about to drop spores and make a mess:

attachicon.gif20170129_194623.jpg

And this was early in the morning today, just before I harvested and dunked (sorry, that one is a bit blurry, but you get the gist of it):

attachicon.gif20170130_045451.jpg

Thanks for allowing me to contribute, Faht.  I will case one of my bags at consolidation and throw up some pics of that in the near future.

Nice shaman pouch! That's bad ass man I love it!

Faht......the beginning of this blows my mind!

Edited by Arathu, 31 January 2017 - 06:12 PM.

• fahtster and MLBjammer like this

#27 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,379 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 January 2017 - 07:40 PM

Shaman Pouch--that is hilarious, Arathu.  I love it.

Yes, this thread is great, and it incorporates growers from different communities, which is very rare unfortunately.

• fahtster likes this

#28 snake

snake

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 109 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 08:28 PM

So jealous. Looks great Jammer. I have been playing with AA+for 6 months still have got a decent fruit.
I will not quit. Longing to try them.
Jammer do you find the mycelium is a slow colonizer?
It seems slower than my other strains.
  • MLBjammer likes this

#29 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,379 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 February 2017 - 04:36 AM

I have found AA+ quite easy to work with.  It colonizes about the same as other cube strains, at least in my experience.  I am finally working on some clones after about a year of growing the strain.

Don't give up on it.  It's worth the work.  I guess you have plenty of spores?

Edited by MLBjammer, 01 February 2017 - 05:34 AM.

• fahtster likes this

#30 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,379 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 February 2017 - 06:26 AM

I have pinned this one for the Vaults, Faht.

• fahtster likes this

#31 fahtster

fahtster

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,657 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 February 2017 - 11:25 AM

Ooooo, nice. (: thank ya.

Faht
  • MLBjammer likes this

#32 fahtster

fahtster

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,657 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 February 2017 - 03:52 AM

Nothing fabulous, but it works for me.  And I will post a couple more pics when I get ready to harvest, most likely in the morning:

Soooo... :). How'd that bag turn out, Jammer?
  • MLBjammer likes this

#33 fahtster

fahtster

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,657 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 February 2017 - 03:54 AM

A good friend of mine once said..

For Cat:

b9d6db15dd1284904094ec0c042f3ccd596ddf16

Hahahah. ;p

Faht
  • MLBjammer likes this

#34 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,379 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 February 2017 - 04:28 AM

Soooo... :). How'd that bag turn out, Jammer?

Well, I cased one at consolidation, and everything grew from the sides only--at least through 2 flushes.  I am not sure why exactly, but it wasn't worth pics.

I am going to try it with another one soon, and hopefully it will come out better.

I think casing at spawning might be the way to go, as the sub receives so much FAE from the get-go.  But I used to case them after the first flush instead of dunking them.  I will figure it out eventually. 

• fahtster likes this

#35 fahtster

fahtster

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,657 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 February 2017 - 04:59 AM

Right on.. thanks for the update!

Faht
  • MLBjammer likes this

#36 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

detective dorkasaurus

• OG VIP
  • 7,736 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 February 2017 - 08:53 AM

Wait, jammer needs to post?

#37 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,379 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 February 2017 - 06:48 PM

Heck, yeah!  You gotta walk the walk if you talk the talk.

• CatsAndBats likes this

#38 ThcLsd

ThcLsd

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 01:22 PM

:thumbs_up2:

#39 Jeepster

Jeepster

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 106 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 01:33 PM

Cool thread! Only tubs I ever cased were ATL #7, and they rocked out the stones. Got some crazy P
E going, going to try some side to side comparison runs; with and w/o casing, pure coir sud side to side with sub containing varied amounts of cpoo.....
  • fuzzyfunguy likes this

#40 Golfer281

Golfer281

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 202 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:28 PM

Nice pics
  • fahtster likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!