©
Fisana

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

The "Likes" System / Reputation

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Poll: Likes / Reputation

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Should we enable full community reputation? (Likes/Dislikes)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 llamabox

llamabox

Researcher

• Free Member
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:04 PM

Whichever way it goes looks like I'll have to build my rep back up.

#22 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,152 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:10 PM

Well, I just got cheated out of getting a like in the NYC Bust thread, because someone ran out ... AGAIN!

Therefore, for you people who just can't control yourselves, (Juthro, SPS, you know who I'm talking about) I think we should have an online meeting place for, "Over-Likers Anonymous."  You guys just can't stop at a Like or two.   You just go berserk, liking here, liking there.  Next thing, there y'all are, crying, "I'm sorrrrrry, I ran out of Likes."   Well, boo hoo, boys.  Man up and stop being so.... so liberal! 

Henh.

Edited by Alder Logs, 10 January 2017 - 08:11 PM.

• Myc and wharfrat like this

#23 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 4,103 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 January 2017 - 10:36 PM

Just for that, I'm not going to give you a like for that....

;O)
  • Myc, coorsmikey, Skywatcher and 2 others like this

#24 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,152 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 January 2017 - 10:50 PM

Well how do ya like that?

• Myc, coorsmikey and wharfrat like this

#25 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 3,622 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 January 2017 - 11:16 PM

I think the likes can get thrown around a little lightly some times however I am guilty of this as well.

However I think that if there is a post or thread that is truly wrong that someone would wish to give a negative
Rep or a dislike to that poster then maybe it would be a wise time to use the report post function and let a mod or admin look into the issue. If you truly dislike something it would give a more anonymous way to let some one know and not worry about abuse or retaliation

#26 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,152 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 January 2017 - 11:31 PM

However I think that if there is a post or thread that is truly wrong that someone would wish to give a negative
Rep or a dislike to that poster then maybe it would be a wise time to use the report post function and let a mod or admin look into the issue. If you truly dislike something it would give a more anonymous way to let some one know and not worry about abuse or retaliation

That's how I have usually dealt with it.   Plus, I like that as a buffer, in case I am misreading, possibly taking something wrong, or just generally out to lunch.  It puts it to a jury, so to speak.  

Something would have to be pretty bad: blatant aggression, trolling, bigotry, fucktardism, shit disturbing, etc., before I would want to go farther than just trying to talk it out reasonably.  I would not be easily wanting to publicly brand someone, unless they said something bad about my cat. 

Edited by Alder Logs, 10 January 2017 - 11:38 PM.

• PsyBearknot likes this

#27 Arathu

Arathu

Woodlover

• OG VIP
  • 2,579 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:39 PM

Hahahahahahaha....................I'm so freaking guilty of "overlike" I think I'll chair the meeting..............who is making coffee?

See........I "like" a ton of what gets said here and I tend to not respond to things that I disagree with (unless it's mean, blatantly incorrect, or simply poor advice) so I guess my understanding of usage vs functionality needs defined in context.

All I know is that this texting, smart phone, digitally connected world is becoming more and more impersonal and paradoxically disconnected (for various reasons) so wee need to stay on top of our communicative skillsets................. yeah yeah....Hey Martha........Arathu's babbling again!

Edited by Arathu, 11 January 2017 - 01:57 PM.

• Alder Logs likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!