©
Fisana

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

The "Likes" System / Reputation

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Poll: Likes / Reputation

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Should we enable full community reputation? (Likes/Dislikes)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

[^._.^]ノ彡 & /|\( ;,;)/|\

• OG VIP
  • 9,008 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:20 AM

Alright, based on these posts now I want a "dislike" button. :biggrin:

• whirledpeas likes this

#42 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 4,352 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:18 AM

@catattack needs an award for the most profile pic changes...in a day
  • CatsAndBats and whirledpeas like this

#43 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

[^._.^]ノ彡 & /|\( ;,;)/|\

• OG VIP
  • 9,008 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:25 AM

I'm shooting for the "large balls" balls.png award.

My new profile pic 'thing' will be to steal prominent members/mods avis and bastardize them and use those.. I need photoshop back though. @zen will be first. It's not stealing, it's "sampling".  :biggrin: 

• PsyBearknot likes this

#44 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 4,352 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:09 AM

I'm shooting for the "large balls" attachicon.gifballs.png award.

My new profile pic 'thing' will be to steal prominent members/mods avis and bastardize them and use those.. I need photoshop back though. @zen will be first. It's not stealing, it's "sampling".  :biggrin:

A sample is only a sample if you use a part of it. If you use the whole thing it is stealing! But take 2!or 3 of them and put it together in one then you have anmash up!

What was this thread about again ?
  • CatsAndBats likes this

#45 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

[^._.^]ノ彡 & /|\( ;,;)/|\

• OG VIP
  • 9,008 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:42 AM

DISLIKE! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Selling out is the new "keeping it real". (DJ sampling banter)

• PsyBearknot likes this

#46 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• Black VIP
  • 10,107 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 January 2017 - 12:16 PM

New subject here:

How Do You Punish Your Bad Cat?

• CatsAndBats likes this

#47 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

[^._.^]ノ彡 & /|\( ;,;)/|\

• OG VIP
  • 9,008 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 January 2017 - 12:19 PM

New subject here:

How Do You Punish Your Bad Cat?

cat-shaming-funny-cats.jpg

I prefer "cat shaming"

• whirledpeas likes this

#48 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• Black VIP
  • 10,107 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 January 2017 - 02:22 PM

Bad move, cat.  That was St. Francis of Akitti.

• CatsAndBats likes this

#49 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

[^._.^]ノ彡 & /|\( ;,;)/|\

• OG VIP
  • 9,008 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 January 2017 - 02:23 PM

Bad move, cat.  That was St. Francis of Akitti.

You're PUNtastic!

We could use a 'pun' award methinks..

Edited by catattack, 17 January 2017 - 02:25 PM.

#50 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,480 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 January 2017 - 02:25 PM

The like system allows us to say we like this , saying this was useful and giving external validation to the poster.

If I don't like a post I can provide information opposing the post in a civil way proving my point.

Take away the likes and a person receives no external validation. I would bet this would slow down the spread of info, as likes are a reward system often used in behavior modification.

Everyone wants external validation despite what they say.

To add a unlike function will have effects on the whole website. A person receiving negative input is likely to feel disconnected from the community and unlikes could result in people having problems with others due to a feeling of rejection. Dividing us and causing trolling and people leaving.

If I really don't like what I read in a post I ignore it and move on. I suppose that is a form of shunning and a very powerful statement in its own right.

Some time we don't like what a person posts and we as a community try to help this person without condemnation and judgment.

I had a better post but lost it as I started to write , I speak better than I write and I type so slow that I often lose my best thoughts on any subject.

• Skywatcher, Alder Logs and Juthro like this

#51 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

[^._.^]ノ彡 & /|\( ;,;)/|\

• OG VIP
  • 9,008 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 January 2017 - 02:31 PM

The like system allows us to say we like this , saying this was useful and giving external validation to the poster.

If I don't like a post I can provide information opposing the post in a civil way proving my point.

Take away the likes and a person receives no external validation. I would bet this would slow down the spread of info, as likes are a reward system often used in behavior modification.

Everyone wants external validation despite what they say.

To add a unlike function will have effects on the whole website. A person receiving negative input is likely to feel disconnected from the community and unlikes could result in people having problems with others due to a feeling of rejection. Dividing us and causing trolling and people leaving.

If I really don't like what I read in a post I ignore it and move on. I suppose that is a form of shunning and a very powerful statement in its own right.

Some time we don't like what a person posts and we as a community try to help this person without condemnation and judgment.

I had a better post but lost it as I started to write , I speak better than I write and I type so slow that I often lose my best thoughts on any subject.

What are you talking about? I thought this was a thread about cats and puns, oh wait.. :tongue:

#52 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,480 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 January 2017 - 02:55 PM

I need a cat my last cat was more like a cougar only lived 20 years . She was a domamatrix to the dogs.
 I was just telling my wife I want a cat. My sister has provided people with great cats.

I am extremely interested in the domestication of cats and know that cats were very useful to people in ancient times.
So useful that they helped people to survive.

#53 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

[^._.^]ノ彡 & /|\( ;,;)/|\

• OG VIP
  • 9,008 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 January 2017 - 03:18 PM

I need a cat my last cat was more like a cougar only lived 20 years . She was a domamatrix to the dogs.
 I was just telling my wife I want a cat. My sister has provided people with great cats.

I am extremely interested in the domestication of cats and know that cats were very useful to people in ancient times.
So useful that they helped people to survive.

Poke around, you never know what you'll find:

https://mycotopia.ne...nature-article/

• Heirloom likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!