• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Trich

Trich

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 12:09 AM

There is no such thing as over watering if you're using proper soil for your climate, in my personal opinion and experience.

Just some food for thought my friends, I wish you luck on your grow.

#22 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 485 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:05 PM

OK, I noticed that one of my Pedro cuttings has started developing roots... there may very well be more developing them, but i dont want to disturb them.

#23 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 485 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 04:09 AM

DSCF5617.JPG

I am glad that I'm too lazy to throw anything out. Because now, a mere three months after They were sown, I have a banana bush (tabernaemontana), and another one on the way...

Edited by scott_1971_h, 26 March 2017 - 04:10 AM.

#24 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 485 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 05:47 AM

OK... I think I know what was in the Jiffy tray. They were my Lactusa Virosa and my Kanna.

I now have 3 Tabernaemontana up... There were 4 but I overhandled one. They're either Tabernaemontana or the 'real' Iboga. Has anyone had any experience with either one? Spookily powerful stuff by all accounts. I think the Tabernaemontana (hereafter "Banana Bush" coz its easier to spell) have the alkaloids in the leaves, much more convenient than having to hunt for and then dig up a few feet of root. They are slightly hardier but I'm still expecting them to be permanent residents of my poly tunnel (when I get around to building it). Lophophera continuing to grow, I have a few Fungal Growths to sort out and then I'll be looking at grafting some onto the pereskiopsis. Digging over The Patch in preparation of the opium lettuce and opium poppies, I've used all my normal compost but still have some worm shit.

I had rats get into one of my worm bins :-( they were starting to give some of my seedlings a chomp so most of the seedlings are now inside... Hope the rats dont follow. I know rats cant stand chillies so I've smeared some of my plants with chilli paste. Its pretty specific to mammals, birds and insects dont have the receptor for it. (Chillis use birds for dispersal of the seeds).

The yopo is gradually growing as well, the Banisteriopsis is as well.

Think thats all I've been doing... 

#25 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 485 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 07:23 AM

I think the iboga is the real one (as opposed to tabernamontana) and I've got 4 up. Apart from the one I knackered. They have a seed coat that is really, really thick and hard to remove. I had to use my wire snippers and a magnifying glass coz I'm old and my eyes are fucked.

The wild lettuce and kanna are in the ground and growing - although slugs got 2 of the lettuces.

Nights coming in chilly here (autumn) but the days are LOVELY, soon the nights will be cold enough to trigger poppies. I'll put them out in May.

I upended one of my worm bins because it was starting to go anaerobic on me, so I have worms in the garden beds that quietly break everything down. They LOVE hanging out under mulch... turning the mulch into fertiliser loaded in bacteria and fungi. Any weeds I just dig in for the worms to eat. They like crunching thru some if my fungal experiments too.

Edited by scott_1971_h, 11 April 2017 - 07:27 AM.

• jkdeth likes this

#26 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 706 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 11:29 AM

What's you're experience with the wild lettuce? I've read highly varied reports.

#27 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 485 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 08:25 PM

They arent large enuf to partake in as yet, I know the accounts vary inline. I'm wondering if it has to do with the year (they are biennial) but they are currently growing pretty well.They are forming their rosette, about 9 inches wide ATM.

I must say they are adapting to my Neglect Tek method if gardening, but I have had to don gloves and get rid of the nettles which were crowding them out. Apart from that they are doing all the growing themselves.

Edited by scott_1971_h, 14 May 2017 - 08:27 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!