28 replies to this topic

#21 GLP

GLP

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 96 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 January 2017 - 07:23 PM

Attached you will find a copy of working with Figs (ficus) cuttings and also general growing techniques. The information was published by a Penn State Associate, the Ohio State information was too general.

Attached File  Common Fig Propagation _ Penn State.pdf   400.29KB   13 downloads

Here is one of the best general fruit books I have seen, it has a very thorough section on fruit disease that have helped many a person to diagnose a problem and obtain a solution.

Attached File  Home Fruit_B591_All S.pdf   5.67MB   10 downloads

#22 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 3,867 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 January 2017 - 08:12 PM

Good timing I have something going on with one of my dwarf lime trees I'll have to come back to this and check it out
  • GLP likes this

#23 GLP

GLP

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 96 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 January 2017 - 08:34 PM

LOL, timing is everything.

U2d1hHAIQg.jpg

#24 whitethumb

whitethumb

poisoned beauties

• OG VIP
  • 941 posts

Donator

Posted 16 January 2017 - 10:52 PM

lol, we may have to trade some cuttings lol.
  • GLP likes this

#25 GLP

GLP

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 96 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 February 2017 - 07:21 PM

Will be taking cuttings in a couple of weeks, I have to prune all the grapes, apple trees, plums, gooseberries, currants, raspberries, lavender, jostaberry's, beach plums, Nanking cherries, blah buh blah...

#26 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 3,867 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 February 2017 - 07:03 AM

BEACH PLUMS?

I just found out about sand plums

What are beach plums?

After a quick search the beach seems the east' version of the chichasaw / sand plum

Will those root from hard wood cuttings?

Edited by PsyBearknot, 14 February 2017 - 07:13 AM.

#27 GLP

GLP

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 96 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 March 2017 - 07:40 PM

Sorry for the long time without an answer, I have been working out of state with little time for fun and frivolity. You are correct about the beach plum being an eastern version of the sand plum. The specific genus is Prunus maritima, with several varieties. Oikos Tree Crops has a few varieties including a natural dwarf plant, the link is https://oikostreecro...rch=beach plum.

Seed can be used but they require cold stratification, so cuttings are a more time efficient method. Growing guides are shown below, hope you give them a try because the taste is very good and the dwarf variety fits nicely into an edible landscaping area.

Attached File  BeachPlum.pdf   58.42KB   11 downloads

Attached File  bpguide.pdf   55.11KB   13 downloads

GLP :tinfoil:

• PsyBearknot likes this

#28 whitethumb

whitethumb

poisoned beauties

• OG VIP
  • 941 posts

Donator

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:06 AM

my genovese nero and black madeira are really staying to put on growth.
  • GLP likes this

#29 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 3,867 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:08 PM

Sorry for the long time without an answer, I have been working out of state with little time for fun and frivolity. You are correct about the beach plum being an eastern version of the sand plum. The specific genus is Prunus maritima, with several varieties. Oikos Tree Crops has a few varieties including a natural dwarf plant, the link is https://oikostreecro...rch=beach plum.

Seed can be used but they require cold stratification, so cuttings are a more time efficient method. Growing guides are shown below, hope you give them a try because the taste is very good and the dwarf variety fits nicely into an edible landscaping area.

attachicon.gifBeachPlum.pdf

attachicon.gifbpguide.pdf

GLP :tinfoil:

Woo hoo just ordered my plums from my them!
  • GLP likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!