• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Ferather

Ferather

Reverse Engineer

• Free Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 04:10 PM

I tried cinnamon once, I take you found that on the other forum xD. Never got around to testing it properly, its very strong stuff.

The two types of bacteria we want to control the most is "Bacillus cereus" and "Pseudomonas", links to Wikipedia.

Check the bottom of my TGF-Tek post, here is more data: Bacillus cereus and Pseudomonas.

#22 Ferather

Ferather

Reverse Engineer

• Free Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 04:20 PM

As a side note the experiment listed about did pH 7, which was a bad test. In their write up the antibacterial potency dropped after 24 hours.

This is because the antibacterial agents breakdown above pH 6. Mycelium prefer pH 5.5 - 6.5, so its works very well at pH 6.

#23 catattack

catattack

JAZZ HANDS!

• OG VIP
  • 5,955 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 January 2017 - 06:52 PM

What are you basing (pun intended) these ph numbers on if you don't mind me asking?

Edited by catattack, 14 January 2017 - 06:53 PM.

#24 Ferather

Ferather

Reverse Engineer

• Free Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:42 AM

Which set of numbers cat? The tea extracts or the mycelium?

#25 catattack

catattack

JAZZ HANDS!

• OG VIP
  • 5,955 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:48 AM

Which set of numbers cat? The tea extracts or the mycelium?

The preferred pH for mycelium. The numbers that you posted seem fine except that they're also ideal for trich mycelium. I shoot for 7-7.5 pH for cube myc.

#26 Ferather

Ferather

Reverse Engineer

• Free Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 11:44 AM

Indeed, Trich does not germinate above pH 7.5, which is why straw should be lime bathed, a good reason to lime wood.

Additionally with the correct amount of nutrients mycelium jump from a lower pH to a higher pH.

This will increase the colonization speed and it should consolidate as it grows out.

You will notice my WL-Tek does not use tea which lowers pH.

#27 catattack

catattack

JAZZ HANDS!

• OG VIP
  • 5,955 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 January 2017 - 11:50 AM

. Mycelium prefer pH 5.5 - 6.5,

I'm just asking where you landed on these? :biggrin:

#28 Ferather

Ferather

Reverse Engineer

• Free Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 12:08 PM

Optimization of oyster (Pleurotus ostreatus) mushroom cultivation: "Highest yield is observed at pH 7 even though there is no significant difference at the pH 6-8.

However, the biological efficiency, biological yield were increased with the increase of pH levels up to 5.04 and then decreased." -- Source

Written slightly wrong, they mean pH 5.04 then back up to pH 7. However Clitocybe geotropa prefers pH 5.0 - 6 for fruiting.

I went a bit general for a larger variation of gourmet species and strains.

• catattack likes this

#29 Ferather

Ferather

Reverse Engineer

• Free Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 11:18 AM

Here are some alternatives to MG, they are a bit hard to find with listed nutrients. Both still need yeast nutrient in addition.

I am not sure about the company's but they contain the nutrients we need, and will work in replacement.

Westland: Grow-Sure, Bayer Garden: Phostrogen. Cheaper store brands may also work.

#30 Ferather

Ferather

Reverse Engineer

• Free Member
  • 64 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:53 AM

Here I tested the enriched fluids, 1 part to 2 parts water, 3 parts total, on a dying cacti and a normal one.

The dying one is no longer dying and growing out, the normal one is growing out much faster.

This is due to the extra nutrients not available in the plant food alone.

Left, Was dying. Right, the normal one.

IMG_20170120_144258.jpg IMG_20170120_144308.jpg

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!